Banning macroers

I see that the devs are taking action against macroers . so how about you police idocs now and you can catch the cheaters in action.  The argument about losing subs if you ban cheats does not seem to be valid as you seem to be dealing with quite a few already  so a few more won’t hurt 

Comments

• JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 578
    edited February 2020
    taking action against EJ accounts..
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)
  •  The argument about losing subs if you ban cheats does not seem to be valid as you seem to be...
    It does when you get around and see how prolific it is.  Seen too many (non EJ) justify or try and hide their (scripting, 3rd party assist, full on Botting)  use in everything. Training farmin, idocs, housing PvP, it's everywhere and I'm assuming more than youre imagining or seeing.

Too many doing it in someway or another to ban it outright.

• true I guess, I was suggesting idocs, but I think the new changes, now I have had a play on TC seen to be quick encouraging
  • Life goes on, I enjoy the struggle and still love the game.  Gotta find your own fun and try to worry less about other I tell myself.  This games fairly entrenched in the way players and the game operate imo
  • Luc_of_LegendsLuc_of_Legends Posts: 312
    edited February 2020
    Umm, What action? 

I have a lovely video capture of a scripter running a rail script and is stuck.  I paged on him at 8:30 PM CST. He was STILL THERE at 2:30 AM and he finally checked on his character.  I told him that running scripts was not allowed and unattended game play is not allowed.  He claimed he'd just returned to UO and didn't know scripting isn't allowed.   Which I find hard to believe, but I will give him the benefit of the doubt. 

However, the numbers in the newsletter imho are smoke and mirrors.  Mesanna and co must think they're Siegfried and Roy.  Smoke, Mirrors, and pretty pixels ain't foolin' this gal.   

BTW, would someone tell me how to post my video capture according to the forum its too big so how else can I share it?
  • MakasouleaterMakasouleater Posts: 29
    edited February 2020
    I honestly hope they stay with thier new stance of taking action against RMT, macroers, and cheaters. That announcement on thier main page is what brought me back. I dislike playing a game where people cheat, and there is no reason for it. They added a cash shop that supports the game. I dont understand why people pay these 3rd party people, when you can support the game. 
    Luc_of_Legends said:
    Umm, What action? 

I have a lovely video capture of a scripter running a rail script and is stuck.  I paged on him at 8:30 PM CST. He was STILL THERE at 2:30 AM and he finally checked on his character.  I told him that running scripts was not allowed and unattended game play is not allowed.  He claimed he'd just returned to UO and didn't know scripting isn't allowed.   Which I find hard to believe, but I will give him the benefit of the doubt. 

However, the numbers in the newsletter imho are smoke and mirrors.  Mesanna and co must think they're Siegfried and Roy.  Smoke, Mirrors, and pretty pixels ain't foolin' this gal.   

BTW, would someone tell me how to post my video capture according to the forum its too big so how else can I share it?
    You could upload it to like google drive and post the link to it, that usually works good and is free, or any cloud service like that. When you upload it at least for google, if you right click it will have something in there about sharing the link.

Hope you are wrong about them not banning people. 
  • DasilvaDasilva Posts: 98
    Lol they are banning the poor sap farming ingots or working skills a large number of idocs recently have the telltale chest of resources on their front steps