Devs : Fix crafting tools and runics

Currently runics for tailor and smith are created with 15-45 charges for tailor and 15-50 for smith.  These CAN be combined up to a limit of 100 by an imbuer. 

Currently crafted normal tools are low use for normal crafted and ex crafted tailor can be 50-150 charges and for smith can be 50-150 charges.  You CANNOT combine these. 

Ancient hammers through the bod system can be +10 to +60 and can have up to 600 charges. 
The high use smith hammer (lowest bod reward) is 250 charges. 

We need tools to be able to hold more.  I do bods in mass. Its super annoying to be doing a mess of quantity 20 bods and tools keep wearing it out.  It makes me want to script fill them where I don't have to stop what i'm doing, craft another tool, then open the menu and figure out what number was created when I ran out (13 of 20 war forks so make 7).    

I'd like to make high use tools or obtain them.    

Proposal:  

Crafted tools use 10x as many ingots and spawn with 1000 charges or more or allow me to combine NORMAL tools up to some high level amount of charges. 

Or - make the reward smith hammer and sewing kit 1,000 charges. 

And allow runics to be combined up to 1000 charges.  No reason not to.  I can get a +10 ancient hammer with 600 - why can't i combine  20 DC hammers for 1,000 charges?  

There is no logical reason why tools are limited by use so much anymore. I get that you want to have a 'cost' to craft but when my GM tinker makes an EX smith tong with 54 charges on it - I'm livid.  That isn't even 3 quantity 20 bods.  I try to fill 200 of these at a sitting.  This is EXACTLY why people script.  Who wants to make 300 sets of tongs to craft bods with all the annoying time it wastes as you switch tools.   

Either change the ingots to make one higher and more uses or let me combine a stack of 54 use ones to get to a 1k one so I can get back to crafting. 

With imbuing using up to 6 charges a hit for reforging - even 100 use tools are used quickly.  Let me store the charges up on a high use tool.   Test Center gives you 30k use tools. Oh how I wish I could craft them. 

Comments

• SkettSkett Posts: 1,312
    I completely agree 
    also make more things stackable 
  • I'm ambivalent on this, sure high use tools or more bench thingys.  But people script because all they care about is the reward, not the journey, from collection to crafting and PvP.
  • TimTim Posts: 790
    I disagree. The "problem" you describe is solved by the workbench concept (drop forge and sewing machine vet rewards). So why have the programers waste time fixing a solved issue and devalue another veteran reward?
    Does the vet rewards work with runics tools 
  • KirthagKirthag Posts: 541
    Vet rewards do not work with runics. Only the standard tools can be added to the workstations.

However, I have to agree with Tim. There is no need. Runics are specialty items and shouldn't be used lightly on the workstations which are meant for grinding and skill gain. Runics are used to make "good" gear, reforging, etc.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Kirthag said:
    Vet rewards do not work with runics. Only the standard tools can be added to the workstations.

However, I have to agree with Tim. There is no need. Runics are specialty items and shouldn't be used lightly on the workstations which are meant for grinding and skill gain. Runics are used to make "good" gear, reforging, etc.
    Runics are used to make "good" gear, reforging, etc.
    I got to ask this.....

In the UO Age of Legendary drops items, can one really say anymore that Runics are used to make"good" gear ?

How many instead use Legendary drop items and forget, althougether, about Runic crafted items ?

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    @popps
    I use crafted gear on my Dexxers..  I use crafted weapons.

Use runics a lot.

When you learn to craft, you would also.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    what Pawain said...

good is in quotation marks, for good is subjective and is in the opinion of the bearer. ;)
    So why don’t runics combine to at least 500 
  • WornOutYourToolWornOutYourTool Posts: 299
    edited February 2020
    My suits are always a mix of artifacts, runic reforged and a dash of legendaries to fill some gaps.  Runics can still make some great stuff, just gotta know how to fit the puzzle pieces.

As for stacking runics?  Yeah why not other than maybe some unfounded duping fears.
  • Gargoyles can stack runics but not endless charges. 

• Yeah up to 100 charges, any imbuer can.  He's looking to be able to stack them up to huge numbers like test server.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    popps said:
    Kirthag said:

Runics are used to make "good" gear, reforging, etc.
    I got to ask this.....

In the UO Age of Legendary drops items, can one really say anymore that Runics are used to make"good" gear ?

How many instead use Legendary drop items and forget, althougether, about Runic crafted items ?

I really really wish you'd stop running away with the idea that legendary drops are a common thing and easy to come by. They're not. Legendary drops, while not rare, are far from common, and ones with properties that actually make sense together are even less common. Most players either have crafted gear or some combination of crafted and drops - said drops added gradually over months and months of play.  Try looking at a few paper dolls on your shard and make a note of what armour folk are actually wearing.
    ^^^^^^^

what she said