vender search not working

is there any plans to fix vender search? for weeks now 90% of the time your search comes back as too vague no matter what you search for.

Comments

• sibblesibble Posts: 112
    edited February 2020
    Returning player here, extremely sad that my incredibly specific searches aren't working.

I'm using name, price range, armor slot, not brittle, not antique, not auction and I'm still getting criteria too vague.

Item name alone used to work perfectly fine on all shards as I used this function with just "Item Name" criteria many, many times.

Please, please fix this.

EDIT: Just tested, my search worked on LS but not ATL.
  • JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 578
    edited February 2020
    Whitewolf said:
    is there any plans to fix vender search? for weeks now 90% of the time your search comes back as too vague no matter what you search for.
    @Kyronix
     @Bleak
     tried to fix it with last publish but unfortunately it wasn't worth much... think the wording was "we are going to do some maintenance"... you have to accept it's broken state... it's like the good old days again...
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)
    edited February 2020
    In the good ol' days we had illegal 3rd party websites where people could search for in game items.  These sites were taken down as they were no longer needed after the implementation of the in-game vendor search.

DEVS:
    From my test searches, I can see that if I search an item name "Lower Mana Cost" I'll actually hit items with LMC.  This tells us that the Item Name search is searching through not only item names, but every single property of every item.  This can be optimized to be more efficient resulting in a faster search that uses less resources to function.

I would really love to get my hands on the source code and contribute.  If you're looking for cheap labor I would gladly work on this in my spare time for free.
  • IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    edited February 2020
    My impression is that, as now, the number of Queries on ATL in its "Peak" moments is too high to handle for the new System, that, let's not forget, introduced the Searching of the Auction Safes too...
    Ivenor said:
    My impression is that, as now, the number of Queries on ATL in its "Peak" moments is too high to handle for the new System, that, let's not forget, introduced the Searching of the Auction Safes too...
    I completely agree, the search works on other shards but not ATL where population is at its peak.

Optimizing the search function will result in less work required for the search to function.  If the search uses less work to function properly, then it can handle more of a load.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    Off topic posts have been removed, cleaning up the thread. In view of the fact that a thread on  this topic already exists in the bug forum, and taking into account today's publish notes, I am locking this thread.
This discussion has been closed.