100 vet
100 mag
100 arch
100 anatomy
100 tactics

Comments

• monkgamermonkgamer Posts: 100
    edited February 2020
    120 tame and 100 lore is not a good combo, it shoudl be 120 tame 120 lore, just do 80 magic for the recallign gating and heals etc. or chivalry instead of magic, isnt that useful on an archer? im unsure of that part
  • RockRock Posts: 567
    edited February 2020
    Without Eval Int, taking Anatomy won't give you very much defense ( d = (eval + anat + 20) /2 ).  So if you want defense against physical, go with wrestling.  With eval, it is a different story, though.  Anatomy is better in that case, IMO.  Only advantage wrestling would have then is that you could disarm.

If you using Anatomy for its damage bonus, I would suggest upping tactics to 120 then lore to 120 instead.  Heck, the 60 points left could go into Wrestling, and you would have the same amount of defense 100 anatomy gave.  (Oh, that is not correct if your character is human.  Counting the 20 Eval from Jack of All Trades, (100 Anatomy + 20 Eval +20)/2 = 70 ).
    Rock (formerly Imperterritus VXt, Baja)
  • As far as Damage is concerned the 100 anatomy isn't as much of a boost as you would think. You also only need 60 Tactics to use both primary and secondary abilities. 

Assuming you are at 100% damage increase, 150 strength,Dropping anatomy to 0 as an Elf is a 15% Drop in damage for the 100 Skill points. 

Dropping tactics to 60.0 is another 8% Drop from 100/100 tactics/anatomy. 

So 160 Skill points vs a 23% Drop in Your damage. 

Personally I would go +120 Lore, 120 Archery . Then you still have 120 Skill points to put into something else. 

• Rock said:
    Without Eval Int, taking Anatomy won't give you very much defense ( d = (eval + anat + 20) /2 ).  So if you want defense against physical, go with wrestling.  With eval, it is a different story, though.  Anatomy is better in that case, IMO.  Only advantage wrestling would have then is that you could disarm.

If you using Anatomy for its damage bonus, I would suggest upping tactics to 120 then lore to 120 instead.  Heck, the 60 points left could go into Wrestling, and you would have the same amount of defense 100 anatomy gave.  (Oh, that is not correct if your character is human.  Counting the 20 Eval from Jack of All Trades, (100 Anatomy + 20 Eval +20)/2 = 70 ).
    As an archer tamer mage he should have a bow in his hands at just about all times, so his block chance will come from archery. 
  • GraceGrace Posts: 148
    edited February 2020
    Maybe think about what you want this character to do? What mastery are you going to use? 
    What will your role be with these skills?

Then go from there.

Anatomy will not help your template without healing skill much.  The damage increase you want from that would come from Chivalry. If I would make a similar char, replace Anatomy with Chivalry.

Get a very tanky pet, a Triton comes to mind. 

Magery is very helpful for many things. Sounds like a fun template, good luck and have fun!

Oh and it is fun to ride on an ethy with a four slot tank, I like to cast spells, or bard things that way running around. 
  • RockRock Posts: 567
    King_Greg said:
    Rock said:
    Without Eval Int, taking Anatomy won't give you very much defense ...
    As an archer tamer mage he should have a bow in his hands at just about all times, so his block chance will come from archery. 
    Duh!  Excellent point.
    Rock (formerly Imperterritus VXt, Baja)
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    edited February 2020

I am good at dodging most stuff so a defensive skill is not really needed.  Anything that increases the damage I cause would be ideal.

The magery will primary be for casting recall and greater heal and cure.  I've played a mage for 18 years.  I want to try something different for a change.

If I am reading the comments correctly my template should look more like:
    120 tam
    120 lore
    100 vet
    70 mag
    120 arch
    70 anatomy
    120 tactics

• UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    I believe the standard has chiv, so something that looks close to this:

120 tame
    120 lore
    gm or more vet
    120 chiv
    120 archery (don't forget the hunter's headress and desp quiver add +skill)
    gm and + tactics

I'm not sure if 120 tactics is needed if constantly running con wep. 
  • Tactics and Consecrate have nothing to do with each other. Tactics increases your base damage. Consecrate Changes your damage type to the weakest of your target and gives a damage modifier based on your skill. 
    Thanks for the info! I don't know much about chiv buffs. 
  • Personally 

Base template. 

120 Taming 
    120 Lore 
    100 Veterinary 
    95 Archery (+25 HH + Despicable if you want to go that route) *Note that despicable quivers overwrite the damage type from your weapon, so 100% Elemental weapons are worthless with a despicable equipped. 
    60 Tactics (Enough to do primary + Secondary Abilities) 
    80 Magery ( I think that's 100% chance to cast Greater heal) 

What you do with it from there is up to you. 
    Assuming 100% damage increase on gear. 150 Strength 287.5% Weapon Damage. 

Going 100 Tactics 
    +11% Damage 
    Going 100 Anatomy 
    +19% Damage 

Going 120 Chivalry 
    Consecrate (Changes damage to match lowest resist, and a damage modifier. Good if you use a quiver since it overwrites 100% elemental weapons)
    Remove Curse (Able to remove mortal from pets) 
    +86% Damage Modifier From Eo1. (Good if you don't have double super slayer or bushido) 
    Divine Fury (Hci +15 , DI +20% , Ssi +15 DCI -10%)  ( Frees up some room on your suit for other things but requires upkeep )

Meditation 
    +Mana Regen for keeping up Taming Masteries

Bushido 80-120 
    Momentum Strike (Able to hit 2 targets within range) 
    Lightning Strike (Chance to do direct damage, scales with skill) 
    Honor +100% Damage modifier at max. Can only be used by one person on a mob. so not good in groups 
    Confidence (+HPR for 6 seconds or until you take damage, good for heals on the move) 

King_Greg said:
    Personally 

Base template. 

120 Taming 
    120 Lore 
    100 Veterinary 
    95 Archery (+25 HH + Despicable if you want to go that route) *Note that despicable quivers overwrite the damage type from your weapon, so 100% Elemental weapons are worthless with a despicable equipped. 
    The only thing i don't care much for on that temp is the 80 magery. The amount healed and level of cure is based on how high magery skill is. At 80 there would be very little to no chance at curing higher level poisons (unsure of exact mechanics on it) and the amount healed wouldn't really be worth the mana cost to cast. 
  • Urge said:
    King_Greg said:
    Personally 

Base template. 

120 Taming 
    120 Lore 
    100 Veterinary 
    The only thing i don't care much for on that temp is the 80 magery. The amount healed and level of cure is based on how high magery skill is. At 80 there would be very little to no chance at curing higher level poisons (unsure of exact mechanics on it) and the amount healed wouldn't really be worth the mana cost to cast. 
    Yeah that's just the base. He can increase magery if desired. Honestly he could drop archery and tactics all together, Go 120 Magery and use a mage weapon bow, add 120 bushido and use lightning strike instead of primary/secondary ability and still do decent damage in the right suit. 

Beauty of UO. 
  • 120 tame

120 lore

100 vet

120 swords

100 tactic

60 necro

100 ss

Worked well for me and was fun.  I just used swords over archery for the mastery debuff.  Stacking onslaught with runic corruption, inferno and copse skin is a beautiful thing.

120 tame

120 lore

100 vet

120 swords

100 tactic

60 necro

100 ss

Worked well for me and was fun.  I just used swords over archery for the mastery debuff.  Stacking onslaught with runic corruption, inferno and copse skin is a beautiful thing.

I've been wanting to make something like this but using a vollem to have less points vested in taming. 
  • Urge said:

120 tame

120 lore

100 vet

120 swords

100 tactic

60 necro

100 ss

I've been wanting to make something like this but using a vollem to have less points vested in taming. 
    If they ever get around to some qol changes with the masteries could axe taming/lore and just bump up necro to use command undead running with skele drags.  I'm not holding my breath for that though.

Since there isn't much need for taming mastery with the idea, can just use as much +skill jewels and items on everything but swords and tactics to find more room.

Best idea is to just use friends :)

1 running rune corruption
    1 corpse skinning 
    Then 1 running inferno or using injected strike
    Then keep it under onslaught with either poison or fire.
    Maybe toss is a bard for discord

Have brought things like grizzle down to -30 resist or things like scalis down to damn near 0 resist.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    I use the taming masteries.  Main pets are a Cu Sidhe with AI/Chiv and a Triton with AI/Feint.  Both are tanks.  Notice I have no way to heal a pet other than consume.  I can run consume for 3 minutes while using specials.  If I am able to use a slayer bow I can run it indefinatly.
    I use Britches of warding and Gloves of feudal grip.  Instead of mace and shield or hunters, I like Prismatic lenses for the 30HLD and DI.  Bow has 50HLD so I have 66% chance of HLD.  I do not miss often. My chest and arms are crafted studded, I need a high resist dexxer gorget in hide or studded.  I have not found 1 for this guy yet. Using leather till then. Increasing strength for more damage.

This guy does a lot of damage.

If I had a higher tactics scroll I would feed it to a pet.

temp.png 188.9K
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.