More gears for Dawn's Music Box

I really love the item, but honestly I think it could be improved! Ultima has one of the most memorable soundtracks of all time - Why not make a better use of it? Some gears are very short loops like the dungeon or the battle ones, we've listened to them over and over but that's ok since they are meant to be common... 

But what about the rare ones? You have very memorable tracks from older Ultimas like Underworld's Wanderer, and a few from U7 too, why not have more of these? 

Also, I *really* miss the older midis, I know you can just swap the files but I like the current soundtrack too! That's why I think Dawn's Music Box is a wasted opportunity... In my book it should have at least a hundred gears on it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWjj-yua2Zg

Comments

• Right!

Songs like "echoes in the Dark", "Sunrise", "lady in Black", "Tales"

:D 
  • JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 902
    edited February 2020
    Many players have maxed out the music boxes. 52/17/7 or something like that, cant quite remember. I for one would be pissed if more were added to it and to the haripscord's 15. How about a new musical instrument, with a new way of getting gears, or sheets etc.....
  • AenvarAenvar Posts: 42
    Many players have maxed out the music boxes. 52/17/7 or something like that, cant quite remember. I for one would be pissed if more were added to it and to the haripscord's 15. How about a new musical instrument, with a new way of getting gears, or sheets etc.....
    Sounds great to me! I know the feeling, I worked hard to max it too… I just can't believe a game with such an amazing and historic soundtrack has most of it buried in the past, impossible to listen without client tweaks.
  • +1 re adding music box gears, or even adding functionality (say, for a bard)

As an aside (and don't mean to hijack thread), a friend and I were just a few nights ago discussing how our clients crashed using these music boxes: I've had it happen to me several times that I go to playing several tracks and, not immediately but in not too much of a span of time, the client drops.