What happened to Bulk Order Deeds BOOKS being REDUCED their item count ?

It was my understanding, that since a good while back, it was mentioned that BOD Books where being worked on, or considered, to be reduced their item count so as to help out players in their storage space issues....

Is there any more current news on this ?

I think it as most necessary that BOD Books see their item count reduced to 1 and, possibly, that they also get increased their BODs storage to 1,000 Bulk Order Deeds from the current 500......

With new content stressing out, and a LOT, players' storage capacity, reducing current containers items' count are really MUCH needed, to my opinion.

Also, it is about time we get an Armoire Stand and a Weapons' Rack in which to store Armor and Weapons that would hold at least 500, possibly 1,000 Armor and Weapons pieces, but would count as 1 item..... and also with a search and filtering option so that, when we are looking for THAT piece of Armor or THAT Weapon, it does not take countless of our play time....

Thanks !

Comments

• FortisFortis Posts: 408
    people put them on a vendor not for sale  it counts for 0 lockdown
  • TimTim Posts: 790
    If I remember correctly you were the only one talking about it. Everybody else said would be nice but don't hold your breath with no comments from Broadsword.
  • KHANKHAN Posts: 510
    edited February 2020
    I could/would take down roughly 250 vendors if that happened! But, I am pretty sure I remember @Mesanna saying it wouldn't ever happen. Why, I can't remember though. BUT it would simply put BOD books "on par" with everything else that holds multiple "items". Anyway, I still easier to save the lockdowns, and pay 60g per day for each of them. :)
    If you sell UO items for R.L. $$$, you need to quit playing UO , and get a BETTER R.L. JOB!
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    LOL  Use vendors, problem solved
  • Not so fast there guys... while it is a solution in the short run... its not perfect.  I have many accounts and many crafters who I would love to be able to access the books. But..... only the account that placed the vendor can access them.  
    Now for the second big thing. 
    Mesanna has this idea some dupers will take a bod book of high end bods and copy the hell out of them and making a fortune... I got news for the lady.  I have tons of the high end bods and do fill them on a regular basis... the filling is a pain in the tush but the ultimate sale of the item they give is moot.  So many have been sold I find even on Atlantic they sit on the vendors for ages before one is bought... this is even when I have set the price way below market.   
    My thing is if the bod book holds 500 and to add or take off 1 you need a bare arse character with an empty main bag to do so...  come on    something way more money making is the power scroll books and they count as 1 item full or empty...  this point is moot but she still contends we will abuse it...  Lag, storage count, availability by other characters accounts this is what these books do. Stacking also needs another go round many items we use for bods  like peas bought don't stack..its hell to have to strip my cook to make wasabi !
  • Ezekiel_ZaneEzekiel_Zane Posts: 326
    edited February 2020

I've never seen any dev including Mesanna ever say that BOD books would be reduced to count as one item.  It took years just to get them to let us add and remove BODs without the book being in our backpack.

Counting as one item, a scripter could have 5000 - 30000 BODs in their backpack and fill BODs 24/7.  Though to tell the truth, this can be done already due to the previously mentioned change.

I guess I'd be for this since I too have BOD books stored on vendors and it is occasionally a pain in that only the vendor owner can remove the books and BODs.  As a single lockdown I would just keep them in organized stacks or containers. 

I'd be happy even if a full BOD book counted as 5 or 10 lockdowns.   Exponentially better than 100.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    Why not fill them and turn them in? I hoarded unfilled unbribed bods until the last artisan festival when I realized that I had a hoarding problem.  I tossed out any bod which could not be bribed up past 1 banked point and not part of a large.  The rest I am in the process of bribing up to their max and filling them in once that is done. Those that are not part of a large bod will be turned in or stored away until the next artisan festival if there is one.
    edited February 2020

I collect 72 Smith, 72 Tailor, 72 Tinker, 12 Carpenter, 12 Bowyer and 8 Scribe BODs everyday.

Too many to fill everyday and the smalls far outnumber the larges anyway.  So, the smalls are stored until can fill a large.

I don't bother bribing anything up beyond a reward or tool that I need or that sells well.  What's the point?  You spend more on bribing than you get in return for the gold + reward.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,942Moderator

My thing is if the bod book holds 500 and to add or take off 1 you need a bare arse character with an empty main bag to do so
    A change you may have missed @Lady_Storm You can drop the book on the floor, lock it down and remove the bod that way - and with whatever character has the access you set.

• MissEMissE Posts: 776
    Meet and Greet - Oceania
    [19/03/12][12:06:05] [MissEcho]: what is the situation with bod books?
    [19/03/12][12:06:15] [MissEcho]: since the intro of 5 new crafting skills
    [19/03/12][12:06:29] [MissEcho]: bod books are getting unmanagealbe
    [19/03/12][12:07:15] [MissEcho]: but as for bods any chance of making them one lockdown
    [19/03/12][12:07:22] [MissEcho]: so we dont need to have bod book vendors?
    [19/03/12][12:07:49] [MissEcho]: 7 crafts take up a lot of space for bod books
    [19/03/12][12:07:57] [MissEcho]: used to only be 2 crafts
    [19/03/12][12:08:15] [Mesanna]: we are not going to change the bod book to one lockdown
    [19/03/12][12:08:30] [Mesanna]: we have talked about it in the past and do not have a warm fuzzy about it
    [19/03/12][12:08:35] [MissEcho]: any reason why?
    [19/03/12][12:09:02] [MissEcho]: right  now 90% of them take up 0 lockdowns on a vendor
    [19/03/12][12:09:21] [MissEcho]: anyways just a question
    [19/03/12][12:09:25] [Mesanna]: ok but we are not going to address this or change it
    [19/03/12][12:09:27] [Mesanna]: sorry
    [19/03/12][12:09:28] [MissEcho]: thanks for your time

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum
  • Oh I caught that a while back it don't help my crafters when I am deep into crafting ..like cooking.
    dropping a book is fine if I only had 1 or 2 to search for the parts ..but I am deep into bod books as it is..  just on Atlantic alone I have nearly 100 vendors holding books of all skills.   and that doesn't count the lockdowns holding books too.   I enjoy doing bods … I just would love to have each crafter to have the books (all the books mind you) in a container on them or their bug so I can work without the trouble of playing hide and go seek with the parts.   heck id love to have more skil points on a few of my crafters who I favor to play...but that is a moot request...  I know Mesanna's answer to that one  "over my dead body"
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    MissE said:
    Meet and Greet - Oceania
    [19/03/12][12:06:05] [MissEcho]: what is the situation with bod books?
    [19/03/12][12:06:15] [MissEcho]: since the intro of 5 new crafting skills
    [19/03/12][12:06:29] [MissEcho]: bod books are getting unmanagealbe
    [19/03/12][12:07:15] [MissEcho]: but as for bods any chance of making them one lockdown
    [19/03/12][12:07:22] [MissEcho]: so we dont need to have bod book vendors?
    [19/03/12][12:07:49] [MissEcho]: 7 crafts take up a lot of space for bod books
    [19/03/12][12:07:57] [MissEcho]: used to only be 2 crafts
    [19/03/12][12:08:15] [Mesanna]: we are not going to change the bod book to one lockdown
    [19/03/12][12:08:30] [Mesanna]: we have talked about it in the past and do not have a warm fuzzy about it
    [19/03/12][12:08:35] [MissEcho]: any reason why?
    [19/03/12][12:09:02] [MissEcho]: right  now 90% of them take up 0 lockdowns on a vendor
    [19/03/12][12:09:21] [MissEcho]: anyways just a question
    [19/03/12][12:09:25] [Mesanna]: ok but we are not going to address this or change it
    [19/03/12][12:09:27] [Mesanna]: sorry
    [19/03/12][12:09:28] [MissEcho]: thanks for your time

That was, though, close to EIGHT Years ago.....

A LOT of water has gone under the UO bridge in these past 8 Years and, certainly, at least to my viewing, the storage needs for players have skyrocketed with new items having been added and BY THE LOADS !!

A lot of the new items DO NO STACK and the situation is becoming so problematic that I have heard of some players stopping playing UO because they have no room to store whatever they loot....

@Kyronix , @Bleak , @Mesanna , there is an absolute need to come forward players and the increasing difficulties that they have with storage needs.

Whatever it is, Bulk Order Deeds' books counting for 1 item, Armour Stands and Weapons' Racks holding 500 or hopefully even 1,000 items and counting as 1 item, a purchaseable Home and Bank Storage increase (the last one offered which took Home storage to a mx possible of +60% and Bank to a max possible of 175 items dates Years and YEARS ago now....), increasing esponentially the number of stackable items, PLEASE, do something to help out players with their dramatic storage needs....

Having storage issue hurts the enjoyment of playing UO, to the point, that some players even stop playing UO because of that......

Thanks.
    edited February 2020

@popps

That was eleven months ago.  2019, March 12th.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903

@ popps

That was eleven months ago.  2019, March 12th.
    Ah, sorry, read it as 19th of March, 2012 ....
  • MissEMissE Posts: 776
    edited February 2020
    Yep didn't get the new bod system til well after 2012, that was last year's meet and greet.

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum
  • TheoTheo Posts: 167
    Someone should explain why they don't have a 'warm and fuzzy' about it.  Bods are stored on vendors for zero storage. I'd take down all my vendors and throw in a box if they were one lockdown per book.  Right now they are SLOWING DOWN vendor search for no good reason. 

We have recipe books - 1 lockdown.
    We have jewelry boxes - 1 lockdown.
    We have alacrity scroll books - 1 lockdown.
    We have power scroll books - 1 lockdown. 
    We have SOT books - 1 lockdown.

But bod books take up to 100 lockdowns?  Please.    Its ridiculous.  

Speaking of ridiculous - its also crazy that the above books don't work in a bank box like a house.  Why do I need to keep these in my house instead of my bank?  I get that you don't want people filling SOT and PS books from a champ spawn - but all banks are in safe guard zones and should act like a house lockdown.   I run chanps on a number of shards - I don't want to have a house on every shard. I want to be able to store and sort.  

Instead of some cryptic 'we don't have a warm and fuzzy' - give a reason.  I'm guessing the reason is they think this makes people want more houses.  But we use vendors and its been that way forever and honestly most people have given up on bods.  Crafted armor is generally useless and you imbue the weapons so you don't really need runics.  The only things bods are good for is POF, clothing bless deeds and POF Kegs.  Thats about it.    Its a 90% junk system as it is. Just let us store them and free up vendor search. 
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    Theo said:
    Someone should explain why they don't have a 'warm and fuzzy' about it.  Bods are stored on vendors for zero storage. I'd take down all my vendors and throw in a box if they were one lockdown per book.  Right now they are SLOWING DOWN vendor search for no good reason. 

Just let us store them and free up vendor search. 
    they shouldn't be showing up in vendor search.
    There is an option to opt out.

but I agree... they should have lower count.
    It would make it so much easier...
    (the recipe book works like the BOD book, but only holds 250)

They are afraid that too many people would abuse this.
    but I have to say...

I am one of the people who used to log in my BOD chars,
    every day and grab the max amount of deeds.
    After all this new content of this last year...
    My main crafter has only collected maybe 3 or 4 times.
    I have just been kept too busy.
    And because I have been busy with other things...
    I have actually started getting rid of some of my collection.

And just so you know... 
    if someone has their BOD books in their bank and it goes EJ,
    the BOD books are gone.
    EJ can't use BOD books.
    and they can only get one BOD at a time.
  • TheoTheo Posts: 167

And just so you know... 
    the BOD books are gone.
    EJ can't use BOD books.
    So are they deleted or are they just stuck there in the bank box?  I'm not sure I've had bod books on EJ accounts.  
    Theo said:

And just so you know... 
    the BOD books are gone.
    EJ can't use BOD books.
    So are they deleted or are they just stuck there in the bank box?  I'm not sure I've had bod books on EJ accounts.  
    I had to close that account for about 5 or 6 months last year.
    I logged in while it was EJ to get some BODs.
    The full BOD books in the bank were gone.
    I later reactivated the account and the books were still gone.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    Dont they take up a lot of bank space?  If so, how did you put full BOD books in the bank?
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • TimTim Posts: 790
    Theo said:

And just so you know... 
    the BOD books are gone.
    EJ can't use BOD books.
    A full BOD book is 100 spots so how did you get "The full BOD books in the bank were gone" to begin with???
    edited February 2020
    Tim said:
    Theo said:

And just so you know... 
    the BOD books are gone.
    EJ can't use BOD books.
    A full BOD book is 100 spots so how did you get "The full BOD books in the bank were gone" to begin with???
    when an account goes EJ, you still have the number of items in your bank box, from when its active. In order to take out the items, you either have to sub or buy a vault token. (my chars had max storage, so they could actually have 175 items in their bank box, when it was paid) EJ could only have 20 items

its the same char wise too... if you have 7 chars on the account and it goes EJ, you don't lose your chars... but if you create an EJ account, they can only have 2 chars.

And I said books... because I had that happen to all the chars on that account. EJ players can't use BOD books, so i'm guessing that's why they were deleted... luckily they were only ones I was going to use for skill building & not ones that were worth lot of points
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    How do you put an accounts worth of stuff in all 7 bank boxes and backpacks?  And have room for any BOD books.
    Most of my toons carry 80 items while they play.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.