How long after you dig up a treasure chest before it goes poof?

How long after you dig up a treasure chest before it goes poof or becomes publically accessible?

I would like to maximize my hour of luck from the 10th anniversary luck sculpture by digging up as many treasure chests as I can within that hour before I need to revisit the chests and loot them.

Comments

• JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 578
    edited February 2020
    iirc they just became empty when you took too long to finish them (i.e. when some changelings where messing with ya), but I don't think i had the whole chest vanish ever. When you did not remove them, they cluttered the lands for a while (a day? server up?). Just never was an issue and nowadays the loot is too nerfed to be worthwhile. Was fun while it lasted. Maybe one of the new kids can test it.
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,339
    I'm not sure, not something I've ever timed. I've only had a chest disappear once, and the reason was that I'd switched characters to my tamer to try to tame a frost dragon. Darn thing didn't want to be tamed and took ages!
    When I finally got it and logged my t hunter back in the chest was nowhere to be found.
    While I still treasure hunt quite avidly, because I find it a fun thing to do, I usually just dig a map, take what I want from the chest, remove it and then put away what I've taken from it before moving on to the next one. 
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,793
    edited February 2020
    Since no one knew I did some experiments.  Chests go poof between 1 hour 50 minutes and 2 hours after dig up and they remain inaccessible to every one except the digger and their party. I was able to loot at 1 hour 45 minutes and all loot appeared to still be there.
  • It used to vanish after 1 hr (learned that the hard way in ills with paragon renegades...