"biggest and boldest endeavor"

Comments

• IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    touche 

:) ;)
  • jadavjadav Posts: 25
    Mariah said:
    Any chance the more cynical posters could leave out the negativity at least until there's actually something to complain about?  It really doesn't help the morale of the forum users.

Any chance that we will get the rights to speak freely without our posts getting deleted ?
    I posted a joke, and now u delete my post and call me a cynical poster.
    Is that really the way to treat paying customers ?

This is starting to look like personal harassment from the staff against me as a person.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,945Moderator
    A 'joke' that mocks someone, making them the butt of that joke, is not funny, it's a troll. It was flagged as such for moderators' attention.

If you do not want your posts removed do not mock other posters or the game's developers. Doing so is disrespectful and therefore in breach of the forum rules.

Personal harassment would imply that we have some idea who you are. We do not.
  • rideable dragons? hehe

• A new client? Real 3d, vr, uo iris, uo Linux, cloud gaming?
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,312
    New underwear b4tl 
  • I said this in another thread, but my guess is BOLD meaning banning all thrid party aps, to better harmonize with a move over to steam.

• jadavjadav Posts: 25
    Mariah said:
    A 'joke' that mocks someone, making them the butt of that joke, is not funny, it's a troll. It was flagged as such for moderators' attention.

If you do not want your posts removed do not mock other posters or the game's developers. Doing so is disrespectful and therefore in breach of the forum rules.

As i wrote in "private" mail.
    How do i contact an admin, so i can report you for harassment, and abuse of moderator powers.
    Reason why i write in the open is, because u clearly don't want to settle this in "private" chat.

Calling people cynical is against the TOS, but u kinda removed the 2 posts i made in this thread, where i mentioned it.
    edited February 2020
    Proverbs, 26:4-5.

'nuff said.

• Proverbs 21:9 is better
    Proverbs 21:9 is better
    Especially if the house is going IDOC... :D
  • JepethJepeth Posts: 509
    No, no. For IDOC's you want the book of ImaNewbie, chapter 1 verse 140.
    Jepeth said:
    No, no. For IDOC's you want the book of ImaNewbie, chapter 1 verse 140.

There is that.... :D
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,945Moderator
    jadav said:

How do i contact an admin,

@admin

• RorschachRorschach Posts: 503Moderator
    Thank you, Mariah.
  • KirthagKirthag Posts: 541
    Oh! Mod input and not locked!!! :wink:

Anyone care to gander on the possibility of a new client? Mayhaps, a LINUX (or Apple) version?

Or maybe a new/unifying client in Java which uses existing art but is sooooo less buggy?

It is possible - I had contributed to a java project doing just that back in 2006 - 2009. Everything but data was client side (much as it is now) - with encapsulated (secure) packets sent to the server for data (similar to now).

A unifying client would be a BIG AND BOLD move I think, considering the current player base. It would also be a huge money suck - maybe even meaning an end to the CC and EC issues. It makes business sense to have a single client - and since there would be no way to choose between one of the two, making a modern client would be the solution.

Not gonna be no Diablo or WoW... but would be a more widely acceptable game to the masses.

After all, the server side is really just all data with scripts running environment, NPCs, MOBs, etc. 

~~~~~

Not saying that Steam wouldn't be a good channel to distribute the game, but really.. that kinda opens UO to a slew of competition otherwise not needed, and if the account management stuff cannot be better dealt with, that will prove to be a hurdle. Steam was good for Ragnarok - practically saved that title from oblivion.
  • Wait what do you mean UO isn't real....

*returns to looking around the forest floor for regents* "It's sure a nice day here in Sosaria"
    Lord Nabin
    High Council Sage
    Ancient Conclave of Wisdom

ICQ 248-636-691
    Discord Lord Nabin#5433
    lordnabin@yahoo.com
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    edited February 2020
    We honestly don't know what is going to happen. It could be a new client, opening on steam, new land mass or even a new race. 

I'd be happy with new land mass and a new race. Also my first post here and non account bound new hair style tokens. Yeah. 
    Wait what do you mean UO isn't real....

*returns to looking around the forest floor for regents* "It's sure a nice day here in Sosaria"
     :) 
  • Mariah said:

If only you would apply that to everyone equally... keep your double standards up  :*
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)
  • JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 578
    edited February 2020
    jadav said:
    Mariah said:
    Any chance the more cynical posters could leave out the negativity at least until there's actually something to complain about?  It really doesn't help the morale of the forum users.

Any chance that we will get the rights to speak freely without our posts getting deleted ?
    I posted a joke, and now u delete my post and call me a cynical poster.
    Is that really the way to treat paying customers ?

This is starting to look like personal harassment from the staff against me as a person.
    feel ya - and no. they just refuse to answer at some point and send you cookie cutter responses.
  • Urge said:
    We honestly don't know what is going to happen. It could be a new client, opening on steam, new land mass or even a new race. 

I'd be happy with new land mass and a new race. Also my first post here and non account bound new hair style tokens. Yeah. 
    No to landmasses.  Can walk around Eodon, Lost Lands, Ilshenar, and never see anyone.  Hell, on any shard except Atl you can walk around Fel and Malas and neer see anyone.

WTH do we need yet another landmass?
    Urge said:

No to landmasses.  Can walk around Eodon, Lost Lands, Ilshenar, and never see anyone.  Hell, on any shard except Atl you can walk around Fel and Malas and neer see anyone.

WTH do we need yet another landmass?
    Housing. My bad, i should have been more specific. Not everyone can have a keep/castle on their preferred shard of choice or shard shields to bounce around at will.

You are correct we do not need more mass but i assume it would be less time consuming making new areas than landscaping current maps to fit the more sought after homes. 
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    I'm fairly certain it would take very little effort to turn on Keep/Castle placement in Malas, and also to lift placing restrictions thereby freeing up tons of land space for more houses elsewhere. It would take the same minimal effort to increase the amount of storage in any house size. I only live in a castle because it has the most storage, not because I want a gigantic house that I have to run from room to room , or teleport to.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
    I'm fairly certain it would take very little effort to turn on Keep/Castle placement in Malas, and also to lift placing restrictions thereby freeing up tons of land space for more houses elsewhere. It would take the same minimal effort to increase the amount of storage in any house size. I only live in a castle because it has the most storage, not because I want a gigantic house that I have to run from room to room , or teleport to.
    There are so many usable places that are blocked even for max storage housing. Screens upon screens of forests could be erased for housing spots. Uneven terrain could be leveled for some really prime areas. Spots in T2A and Ilsh and TerMur. 

A lot of people like the keeps and castles. Proven by the contest entries and newer placements.
  •  I only live in a castle because it has the most storage, not because I want a gigantic house that I have to run from room to room , or teleport to.
    hello if you happen to have your castle on atlantic would you want to trade it for 29 garden sheds and a max storage plot? max storage is 3899 and castles are 7500 so 29 sheds and a max would give you the same lockdowns. 
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    Speaking of housing and the future large audience, the busiest shard is Atl, which as we all know has next to 0 spots available for housing. Reaching out to a larger audience to get new subscribers that will quickly find out that the busiest shard is also the least opportunistic when it comes to housing, might pose as a problem. Wonder how they'll address that ?
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • Speaking of housing and the future large audience, the busiest shard is Atl, which as we all know has next to 0 spots available for housing. Reaching out to a larger audience to get new subscribers that will quickly find out that the busiest shard is also the least opportunistic when it comes to housing, might pose as a problem. Wonder how they'll address that ?

if they launch on steam and dont have a fresh start realm coincide with it then it will be a failure.
  • JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 578
    edited February 2020
    Speaking of housing and the future large audience, the busiest shard is Atl, which as we all know has next to 0 spots available for housing. Reaching out to a larger audience to get new subscribers that will quickly find out that the busiest shard is also the least opportunistic when it comes to housing, might pose as a problem. Wonder how they'll address that ?
    You actually find tons of spots on Atl. Not castles or 18x18s but max storage and tons of 7x7 7x8 etc.
    JollyJade said:
    You actually find tons of spots on Atl. Not castles or 18x18s but max storage and tons of 7x7 7x8 etc.

And this (for once... :D ;) ) is Factual & True.