Tmaps on Dread Pirates

@Kyronix ; Any chance you can look into making this a reality ? It was advertised long ago as a method for obtaining high level maps, but I and others I know that have spent a majority of their time on the High Seas, have never seen one as DP loot. Thank you for considering it, whether it happens or not.
You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.

Comments

• VERY few creatures actually drop Lvl 5 Trove Maps. Allosaurus are supposed to, but i got a Lvl 2 T-Map from one i killed :/
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    It would make sense.....

I mean, since I was a child, I ALWAYS knew that Pirates had Treasures and Treasure Maps....

AND, they were hell of a Treasure, also, not just a few pennies, but lots and lots of nice and good stuff which they had collected over the course of their, aheam, "career".....

It would only make sense to see Trove Treasure Maps, or at the very least, Hoard Treasure Maps on Dread Pirates....

With the nice variation, from time to time, to be able to get an Nice Ancient SOS from a Dread Pirate in place of a Treasure Map.....
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    popps said:
    It would make sense.....

I mean, since I was a child, I ALWAYS knew that Pirates had Treasures and Treasure Maps....

AND, they were hell of a Treasure, also, not just a few pennies, but lots and lots of nice and good stuff which they had collected over the course of their, aheam, "career".....

It would only make sense to see Trove Treasure Maps, or at the very least, Hoard Treasure Maps on Dread Pirates....

With the nice variation, from time to time, to be able to get an Nice Ancient SOS from a Dread Pirate in place of a Treasure Map.....
    It's not just that it makes sense, it was literally advertised that way. I don't have a link, but I'm sure someone can post it where it actually said it they were a source of I believe level 6 maps when HS first came out.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    popps said:
    It would make sense.....

It's not just that it makes sense, it was literally advertised that way. I don't have a link, but I'm sure someone can post it where it actually said it they were a source of I believe level 6 maps when HS first came out.
    There you go ....

Level 7 Treasure Chests

• These maps can be found in Level 6 treasure chests, in the pirates hold and a rare chance on one of the boss mobs.  You will see a few new creatures and lots of booty ! This is not a solo encounter.
  • Yup that's how I read it. I even got a few off chests there for a while in the beginning. But it has ether stopped or the rate of drop is so tight that to get one you have to be super lucky and doing the right map.
    I can almost guarantee that if you did get maps from them, (no i'm not calling you out, I can only take your word for it) then you are the only person to have ever gotten a tmap from a dread pirate, either in their corpse or in the hold. 

• TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779

I've gotten tmaps from pirate holds. But they were not troves. They spawn less frequent then the white dye tubs do. 

edited February 2020
    Then you two are the luckiest UO players on the planet. I've personally scuttled almost 10,000  dread ships , I've never gotten a single one and i've been doing High Seas since it launched.

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    TimSt said:

I've gotten tmaps from pirate holds. But they were not troves. They spawn less frequent then the white dye tubs do. 

I have at least 6 white dye tubs.  Have not seen a map in a hold.  But there are plenty of players who have killed more pirates than I have.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.