Anvil of Artifacts : Does anyone know how it will work and what will it help with ?

From the Newsletter https://mailchi.mp/broadsword/uo-newsletter-45?e=7b73a4e28e

The UOStore will carry

Anvil of Artifacts - take the guess work out of crafting that perfect suit and tailor equipment resists to your needs!
Does anyone have a clue of how it will work and what it will help with ?

Comments

• Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    Who exactly do you think knows about this item that hasn't been introduced yet ?
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
     :D 
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • MissEMissE Posts: 776
    Yes well if they want us to PAY for it, then a bit more info would be required.  If it gives a huge advantage to crafting then it should of been a vet reward, not another pay to win item.

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum
  • Ezekiel_ZaneEzekiel_Zane Posts: 326
    edited January 2020

If I had to guess I'd say that it probably uses a charge and allows you to rearrange the resists on a piece of armor to exactly how you want.

Say you have a piece as such;

Total 52
    to;

Total 52

Just guessing here ya know.
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 866
    Instead of crafting several pieces while the resistances add randomly, you'll be able to choose how those resistances are applied,   Essentially making every exceptional armor piece 'the perfect piece'.   - the random resistances are from the Exceptional Bonus & Arms Lore skill.

I hope that's how the 'Anvil of Artifacts' works, as well as an equivalent item for Carpentry, Masonry & Tailoring skills to come out at the same time or shortly after.

Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • I think they'll hopefully let us test it on TC again before they let it loose on humanity :)

At least in the past you could test this before. It was always like this that Mr. Kyronix hung around on TC for at least 1 day to collect opinions and improvements to the innovations - so you should make sure that you are there on this day and also give your opinion personally ;) - sometimes little wonders happen and you will be heard by a god :p

A little less ego-thinking, know-it-all and rumbling compared to others who aren't so "great" and the UO-life would be a whole corner easier

(Ein bisschen weniger Ego-Denken, Besserwisserei und Rumprollerei anderen gegenüber die halt nicht so "toll sind" und das UO-Leben wäre ne ganze Ecke einfacher)

• poppspopps Posts: 3,903

If I had to guess I'd say that it probably uses a charge and allows you to rearrange the resists on a piece of armor to exactly how you want.

Total 52
    to;

Total 52

I sure hope that, for real money, it allows to do MORE then that....

Crafting really needs something to permit crafted Armor and Weapons to be competitive to current items that drop.

The one concern that I have, is not really that it will be made available at the UOStore but, in case it was to come with charges.....

Why so ?

Because it would not then be of any realistic help to Crafting as a viable profession in Ultima Online.... pieces crafted with it would be very expensive, because of the cost of the charges, and basically players would only use the item for their own suits but not to craft anything for other players unless those very rich who could be able to afford to use of the charges.....

New and returning players would still be left out of the picture, not being able to afford the use of the charges.....
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656

Total 52
    to;

Total 52

This is exactly how I took it.  My questions:
    -will be will it work for all crafting skills or just blacksmithing?
    -will it be a permanent item or have a certain number of uses then vanish?
  • Pay to Win.

I agree, shoulda been a vet reward.
    But what do we, the payers, know?

• UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    Pay to Win.

If it help bring revenue in so be it. They'll be available for gold on vendors like the forged metal. 
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    Pay to Win.

The problem with making it a vet reward would be the complainers that say useful vet rewards are unfair to new players.  Just look at the complaints about how shard transfer shields are unfair.
    I think this will ruin the play style of fighting Mobs.  Why should we kill stuff if we can make better items at home?

:D 
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    As no one knows the answer to this question, including me, I suggest you simply wait until more information is released.
    Send The Queen some flowers with a tiny microphone inside. 

In the mean time we can speculate as long as it is not mean.
  • DJAdDJAd Posts: 290
    Can't remember the last time I had to craft armour with all the amazing loot around. Weapons yes.
  • Mariah said:
    As no one knows the answer to this question, including me, I suggest you simply wait until more information is released.
    We know you know Mariah!
    Tell us!
    It's going to give 16 mods to crafted armor right!  I know i'm right
    no?

• It converts money into pixel power.
    At least a nice deco.
  • This game has been pay to win since artifacts came out. How do people not know this...
  • It wasn't quite so obvious then tho...  Now it';s like the scripters, shameless and out in the open operating lol
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    Everyone should agree that the absolute best items to be found anywhere should be crafted ones. Dragons were known for hoarding vast piles of weapons armor and other valuables. Those were all crafted somewhere, by someone , they weren't magically created by the Dragons themselves, although I would never pretend to be a UO Lore Professor, I"m pretty sure they weren't. Good lord, the skill is called Legendary Blacksmith !! Not, kinda pretty good Blacksmith.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • Everyone should agree that the absolute best items to be found anywhere should be crafted ones. Dragons were known for hoarding vast piles of weapons armor and other valuables. Those were all crafted somewhere, by someone , they weren't magically created by the Dragons themselves, although I would never pretend to be a UO Lore Professor, I"m pretty sure they weren't. Good lord, the skill is called Legendary Blacksmith !! Not, kinda pretty good Blacksmith.

A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo