KRAMPUS Rude Ranger's Tunic, Naughty Elf's Gloves & Broken Wristwatch only worth 10 Clean Up points?

Serious ??

As Krampus content ended, I am browsing what its participation brought to me....

Aside for Deeds For a Reward Title (Nice, Naughty, Punisher) and of which I got about 30.... having ZERO Clean Up points value, I was shocked to notice that the Rude Ranger's Tunic, Naughty Elf's Gloves & Broken Wristwatch of which I also got a whole lot while trying to get the Whips Recipes and the Stars, only are worth 10 Clean Up points....

I mean, if we consider all of the time invested into delivering the Trade Orders, for 5 types of items (the gathering/purchasing of them plus all of the running and sailing involved) as well as for participating into killing Krampus, 10 Clean Up points for these items which one needs only 1 of, just for the sake of it, seems to me like outrageousely low....

So, now my dilemma is what to do with these items taking up storage space and, yet, having no use.... I feel bad at just trashing them as each one of them means hours of my time doing Krampus content, just throwing them away would mean like throwing away my time spent to get them and, therefore, I'd like to at least get something reasonable from them....

Of course, most other players are in my likewise situation, having quite a good loads of these items so, there is not even a market to sell them for gold, really.... sure, 1 might be sold here and there, occasionally, for some little gold but, if put on a vendor, they are going to likely sit there for an extensive time, eating up only Vendor's fees....

So, what to do with them ?

@Kyronix , @Bleak , can we please see SIGNIFICANTLY increased their turn in Clean Up value (and also get a turn in Clean Up value given to Deeds for a Reward Title which they currently do not have...)? Also, as an alternate use for them, it would be nice to be able to "exchange" an X number of them, possibly also mixed up, to then obtain the more wanted items from Krampus, like the Recipes, the Stars, the Golden and Silver Branches, the Semidar Cards....

Thanks.

Comments

• MargeMarge Posts: 720
    "to then obtain the more wanted items from Krampus, like the Recipes, the Stars, the Golden and Silver Branches, the Semidar Cards...."

And there lies a problem - what you consider a 'wanted' item someone else may not. I personally tossed all cards as soon as I got to a trashcan. Branches too. I'd rather get the tunics and gloves and dress up a vendor than get a branch.

If you hang onto to them long enough the clean up point value may rise. Usually, new items are always worth very little points, if any. Be glad they worth 10.

• poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    edited January 2020
    Marge said:
    "to then obtain the more wanted items from Krampus, like the Recipes, the Stars, the Golden and Silver Branches, the Semidar Cards...."

And there lies a problem - what you consider a 'wanted' item someone else may not. I personally tossed all cards as soon as I got to a trashcan. Branches too. I'd rather get the tunics and gloves and dress up a vendor than get a branch.

If you hang onto to them long enough the clean up point value may rise. Usually, new items are always worth very little points, if any. Be glad they worth 10.

If you think that 10 Clean Points is an adequate value for the amount of time they take to get, then could you please explain to me why, remaining withing Trade Orders and Krampus items, the Adamu Edom Books which Trade Orders sometimes drop as a Reward are worth 150 Clean Up points instead ?

To my opinion, there is no comparison.... to get a Deed For a Reward Title (Nice, Naughty, Punisher), a Rude Ranger's Tunic, Naughty Elf's Gloves or Broken Wristwatch takes way, but waaaaay more time and effort as compared to getting 1 Adamu Edom Book....

Yet, MORE time and effort is prized with 10 Clean Up points versus 150 ?

To me, it does not make sense.

To my opinion, considered all of the time it takes and effort to get 1, the Deed For a Reward Title (Nice, Naughty, Punisher), a Rude Ranger's Tunic, Naughty Elf's Gloves or Broken Wristwatch should at the very least be worth like 2,000 Clean Up points if not more.

Or, as I said, make it possible for players to turn them in to get "other" Krampus Rewards which they would be more interested to get.

All I know, is that I have about 50 of these items which took me several tens of hours (50 ?) of my time to get but of which I have little to no use now and would like to be able to convert them into something else more of a value to me, considering the time invested that they are worth....
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    I think you miss the point of 'clean up'. The idea is to give some kind of value to old and unwanted items. Things thrown away for 'clean up' are, by definition, trash. New items are not usually considered to be trash, and the low value, I would guess to be an encouragement to NOT trash it.
  • Wow.

Griped like crazy because they were too hard to get...
    Now griping because they aren't valuable trash.
    Y'all make my head hurt lol
    Mariah said:
    I think you miss the point of 'clean up'. The idea is to give some kind of value to old and unwanted items. Things thrown away for 'clean up' are, by definition, trash. New items are not usually considered to be trash, and the low value, I would guess to be an encouragement to NOT trash it.
    Oh, trust me, considered the enormous time spent to get tons upon tons of Deeds For a Reward Title (Nice, Naughty, Punisher), a Rude Ranger's Tunics, Naughty Elf's Gloves, Broken Wristwatches and the likes, I would way, but waaaaay prefer NOT to trash them and make some good use of them since, each time I look at them, they always remind of how much time got spent and burnt to get them....

Yet, "how many" of them does one need ?'

I have tens upon tens upon tens, likely 50+ of them. And they take up space.

I could keep 1, sure, but 50+ ?

Yet, as I said, trashing or throwing them away I do not feel like, as they mean TIME spent to get them, and lots of it, too.....

If I just trashed them or threw them away, it would be like throwing away my time which is not something pleasant to do, at least for me....

Hence, I would like to see something "usefull" for them to do, a way to use them to get "something else" which might be of more interest to me.

This way, rather then trashing or throwing them away, I would actually "use them", put them to "a good use".... and I would not feel that I wasted my time in getting them....

Seeing them be worth a lot more Clean Up Points (comparable to the investment of time which it took to get them), or be usable to get other items more of interest to me, would be a good way for feeling happier that my time was well spent, when I got them, rather then a waste of it....
  • Given the low value of points, I'm guessing those items are giving the points of whatever base item they were made from. Those point values tend to be pretty low. IF those Clean Up Points were the only option for the items, then they probably should be increased. However, there are other options in this online world we share:

1. Sell the items for an amount of gold worth to you more than these base clean-up points. 
    2. Trade with someone for an item you value more or that is worth more clean-up points. 
    3. Give the item away to someone for social capital and general good will. 

I saw this a bit back with the orc ship. People were upset they were worth a terribly low point value when they could probably easily trade away for many times that. I feel that while Clean Up Points should exist, they shouldn't always bypass or undermine the in-game economy. 

If you had to go through an extra step like trading with a player, would you be willing to do that? What value in points would you want for each item? 

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    edited January 2020
    Give them away.

So, now you are saying the drops should have been more rare so there would be a market for the items.

Kinda contradicts your 3 other threads where you want all the items.

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Landicine said:
    Given the low value of points, I'm guessing those items are giving the points of whatever base item they were made from. Those point values tend to be pretty low. IF those Clean Up Points were the only option for the items, then they probably should be increased. However, there are other options in this online world we share:

1. Sell the items for an amount of gold worth to you more than these base clean-up points. 
    2. Trade with someone for an item you value more or that is worth more clean-up points. 
    3. Give the item away to someone for social capital and general good will. 

I saw this a bit back with the orc ship. People were upset they were worth a terribly low point value when they could probably easily trade away for many times that. I feel that while Clean Up Points should exist, they shouldn't always bypass or undermine the in-game economy. 

If you had to go through an extra step like trading with a player, would you be willing to do that? What value in points would you want for each item? 

It would be wonderfull to be able to trade or sell to others the items we might have in excess of but, unfortunately, even on Atlantic, imagine on much lower population Servers, often there simply is not a large players' population that one can interact with so as to find trades or buyers...

So, unfortunately, being able to "trade them in" with the game itself might often become the only realistic alternative to either keeping them to collect dust (and storage space) in a container or throw them into the trash bin....

Putting them on a Vendor, especially on low population shards, might end up costing more in fees as what they might eventually sell for....

And no, the "new" Vendors which only charge upon selling the item for many players who do not want to set their UO House as Public, might not be a viable alternative either....

Vendors should be also made available to Houses set as Private since we now can access them from the House sign..... they could stand up on the House doorsteps....
    Pawain said:
    Give them away.

So, now you are saying the drops should have been more rare so there would be a market for the items.

Kinda contradicts your 3 other threads where you want all the items.

I said nothing about rarity of the items.

I just said, that there should be a way for players to be able to exchange what they do not want/need for what they instead want/ need.

And no, interacting with fellow players to do that often might not be a viable option, especially on low population shards.... there simply might not be enough players around that shard interested in that trade/purchase....

That is why I think that there should be a way to always be able to exchange them "with the game".... fellow players often are not a viable option, I am afraid, especially on Shards with a little players' population....
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    @popps Unless we live on Atlantic.  WE ALL live on low population shards!

Stop complaining about what many of us choose to live with.  Move to Atlantic if you want population.

Exchanging drops is a stupid idea.  Play on Test Center if you must have everything.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    I would gladly take some of them off your hands.
    Any or all donations accepted.
    Or I would trade for a snowflake, which would give you lot of turn in points if you wish.

I don't have much funds on your shard...
    Mrs Claus tends to go a lil broke this time of year, thread and pelts are so expensive.
    hehe

how much would you sell them for and what exactly do you have?