game time, sovereigns all 22% off.

Comments

• AenvarAenvar Posts: 42
    Any clue when the offer ends?
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    UO is not on that list
  • KirthagKirthag Posts: 541
    edited January 2020
    nothing for UO is included in the sale. just checked, everything related to UO is still full price.
    will the OP confirm if he/she saw UO items reduced on a foreign portal (ie. UK site?)

Sims players should rejoice... just about everything Sims is included.

*sigh*
  • ChrilleChrille Posts: 208
    I think its everywhere but US, and maybe Canada.
  • That’s a shame. It’s the UK site and I have been informed Australia as well 

• Talk about LAME!
  • IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    Here in Italy the discount stand.
    Ah, the joy of the regionalized marketing! /SARC

• Now for a more constructive comment than my last one.

Some things in the store really need a price reduction.  The Rustic/Gothic theme packs should be combined.  The Housing & Bank Storage & 7th Character slot upgrades should be a combined package.  Time of Legends needs a price reduction.  Twenty bucks still?  C'mon.

I'm still going to bitch about the 22% off sale not in the US.  Why the hell not?  I still have about $500 worth of upgrades to some accounts to do.  I'd be highly tempted to proceed with some if I had a 22% discount.

• Ezekiel_ZaneEzekiel_Zane Posts: 326
    edited January 2020

And another thing

Why are gametime codes called "6 month", "3 month", and "1 month" gametime?  They are not!  You get 30 days, 90 days and 180 days.  When I apply a 6 month gametime to my account on the 15th, then I expect it to continue thru the 14th of the ending month.  It doesn't.  Depending upon how many 31 day months are in the duration of the gametime, you end up 3 or 5 days short.  Lame! Lame! Lame!
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    I would have bought at least $100 worth of Sovereigns if the US had 22% off.  Now ill be back to work and just spent that on a new Modem instead.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • TanagerTanager Posts: 634
    This is EA's sale. I suspect Broadsword has little if anything to do with it. If you want EA's attention, it might be more constructive to post on their forum.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/Please-include-the-Americas-for-Ultima-Online-discount-sale/m-p/8617466#M19376
    That should end the discount soon.
  • Pawain said:
    That should end the discount soon.

That's exactly what I thought when I seen she did that.  
  • TanagerTanager Posts: 634
    You are right... there is no point in ever trying to get things fixed. It is better to just complain and blame people who had nothing to do with it. Not all is lost, however. I have learned my lesson. I have been trying to ween myself off of trying to help people on forums, and I think I am finally done.
  • psychopsycho Posts: 284
    edited January 2020
    Let me get you guys right: So since the US dont have a discount offer you want to shut down the fun for others instead?

I for one is very happy about the discount offer, I cant remember last time Europa had an offer on UO things, maybe not ever. I have personally bought for over $300 and my UO accounts will be active for many years to come.  I would never have bought this if it wasnt for the offer. I will continue to support the game in the years to come.

I too would wish the US got the offer too, but who knows maybe next time US get the offer an Europe dont, like in the previous years.

Thank you
    psycho said:
    Let me get you guys right: So since the US dont have a discount offer you want to shut down the fun for others instead?

I for one is very happy about the discount offer, I cant remember last time Europa had an offer on UO things, maybe not ever. I have personally bought for over $300 and my UO accounts will be active for many years to come.  I would never have bought this if it wasnt for the offer. I will continue to support the game in the years to come.

I too would wish the US got the offer too, but who knows maybe next time US get the offer an Europe dont, like in the previous years.

Thank you

The only discount on Sovereigns was an accident and was turned off quickly.  I don't want the sale turned off. I would like it turned on for all of us.

Other countries have not missed out on any sales that the US have had. Since there were no real sales on the Origin site.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321

Other countries have not missed out on any sales that the US have had. Since there were no real sales on the Origin site.
    Actually, they have. More than once EA have had sales of UO items that were USA only, or once, if memory serves, USA and Canada.

Actually, they have. More than once EA have had sales of UO items that were USA only, or once, if memory serves, USA and Canada.

I only care about Sovereigns.  I dont pay attention to the other stuff I already have.

• Nobody wants or asked for the sale to be turned off.

Given EA's track record of treating UO like the red headed bastard step-child, it was simply a thought that EA would turn off the sale as if it was a mistake in the first place.  They've done it before.

Didn't mean to imply that Tanager wasn't being helpful.  She was and always is. EA is to blame for their own customer service record and no one else.  They don't make the top of the list of most hated companies year after year for no reason.
  • MissEMissE Posts: 776
    I for one can tell you that there have been a LOT of times when discounts on UO stuff has ONLY applied to USA stores.  I have looked lots of time when those here have advertised stuff on sale to find it was only the USA.   I was surprised as hell when I looked this time to find the Aussie store had it.  First time EVER.

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum
  • KirthagKirthag Posts: 541
    If BS had a marketing person on staff who would keep track of the parent corporation's (in this case, EA) promotion cycles for each region, there wouldn't be this communication snafu. 

Either between BS and EA, or BS and the player base. We all know that BS (and prior to them, Mythic, and prior to them... even OSI) have had major customer relations, PR, and overall mismanagement (or apathetic neglect) toward marketing practices.

Anyhoo... I been beating this drum for a long time. I'm even on the east coast now... maybe I should ask @Mesanna if she'd be willing to entertain a meeting?

Bonnie?
  • JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 578
    Wow the negativity in this thread... entitled UO vets *smh*

Thanks EA!

We need the team more often on vacation for good things to happen!!!  :D
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)
  • TimTim Posts: 790
    JollyJade said:
    Wow the negativity in this thread... entitled UO vets *smh*

Thanks EA!

We need the team more often on vacation for good things to happen!!!  :D
    Amen
    Though I was thinking more along the line of entitled N American consumers. God forbid someone else got a good deal. 

And no I didn't get in on it either.