Beware Pet Ball

Putting this here as well as in bug forum so that people know it can happen.

Just lost a fully scrolled 5 slot fire beetle.

Was doing a shrine battle with Assassin and Reptile spawn. 

Fire beetle took off into the throng and so I clicked on the pet ball to drag it back to me. Unfortunately the pet ball was still tagged to my triton in the stable which I didn't realise until after clicking it and a triton appeared. 

Instead of getting the message 'you have too many followers to summon that pet'  it actually pulled the triton out the stable.   So for a short period I had two 5 slot pets out.   I recalled to re-stable the triton immediately but of course follower slots then showed 0.  No fire beetle in stable, no fire beetle out of stable.

Logged and relogged as you do, but still no fire beetle.  Recalled to spawn saw dead fire beetle, no ghost. 

The pet ball should NOT have summoned a pet out when the follower slots were not available.  Just another stupid bug to be aware of and another very expensive pet lost due to game bugs. 

Not happy.

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    Yikes. That's not good. Thanks for the warning.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    Could you control both pets before recalling? Asking for a friend  ;)
  • MissEMissE Posts: 776
    Didn't even try as I knew the second the triton appeared that it 'was not good', which is what I said immediately to my mate who was with me. The fire beetle was still in the middle of the hydras/reptalons so I wasn't even gonna try and give it any command. All I wanted was to get the triton back and return to HOPE that the beetle was still there.  

Just damned annoying to now have to replace the beetle, train it up and the get all the damn scrolls again.  It will take months to replace it, that is what pisses me the most.

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum
  • psychopsycho Posts: 284
    Bugs like this shouldnt exist, this one in particular has quite expensive consequences.

One would think a check to how many followers one have before summoning a new pet from crystal ball, would apply to all pets. There must be a glitch somewhere, maybe to that particular pet type, (?).

• Sounds like something in the pet ball summoning code that still thinks the pets have their pre-trained slot count.