Is the Well in the "Decorative Farm Set" a Water Source?

Because I seems not be able to have it functioning as if... :|

TIA! :)

I.

Comments

• IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    Ivenor said:
    Because I seems not be able to have it functioning as if... :|

TIA! :)

I.

@Mariah
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    I was able to fill an empty jug from it and link an endless decanter to it.
  • IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    Mariah said:
    I was able to fill an empty jug from it and link an endless decanter to it.

Thanks for the confirmation! :)

I was able to make it functions at last. My balme: I was waiting for som "slurping" noise or such, but it simply silently fill the pitcher...

I.

• I'm still unable to fill a pitcher or link a decanter. If I double click a pitcher and target the well I get a message that says, Locked down resources can not be used. I get the same message if I try to link a decanter. If I try without the well being locked down I get a message that says, That is not a valid target. What's the trick? 

@Mariah is the well you used fairly new? I got mine soon after they first became available. Perhaps it's only newer ones, bought after a fix, that work properly? If that's the case then I guess I have an email to write to get mine fixed.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    My farm set was purchased July 10th.
  • lol well, I don't remember when they first came out. Oh, well. All I can say is they're not all fixed.
  • VioletViolet Posts: 368
    LilyGrace said:
    lol well, I don't remember when they first came out. Oh, well. All I can say is they're not all fixed.
    You've tried relocking it down and everything?  What part of the well are you clicking on?  If you want me to take a look at it (and for you to try one of mine) , let me know.  Mine seem to be functioning correctly.
  • Yep, I've released it and locked it back down. I've moved it to another location. I've tried to fill and or link a pitcher by clicking and or targeting the roof, the side of the well, the water, the bucket. Doesn't work. Still get the same message that it's not a valid target if it's not locked down. And that I can't use locked down resources if it is locked down.
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656
    LilyGrace said:
    Yep, I've released it and locked it back down. I've moved it to another location. I've tried to fill and or link a pitcher by clicking and or targeting the roof, the side of the well, the water, the bucket. Doesn't work. Still get the same message that it's not a valid target if it's not locked down. And that I can't use locked down resources if it is locked down.
    Try securing it instead of locking it down?  I know that makes a difference for some things...
  • KirthagKirthag Posts: 541
    Linked my decanter to the well on the bucket.
    Moved the well.
    Still linked, still works.

Maybe you got a buggy well or decanter?
    Is the decanter unlinked from previous water source?
  • You can only lock it down @Merus . It can't be secured. The decanter isn't linked to anything else @Kirthag . I think I've tried it with more than one decanter. And tried filling, as opposed to linking, with other pitchers. 
  • Might have to  page a gm and get it fixed in a week or two...