IDOC Change

GandalfGandalf Posts: 115
edited December 2019 in General Discussions

Remove the 5-10-15 and put back the 6h50-7h10 please.

This does not stop the cheaters but worse, they are automated to loot when it falls.
Since we are humans ... (We sleep, work, activities out of the game etc ...) it is impossible to do IDOC again.

So I will find it more equal to let the IDOCs fall as before and remove the new system.
Thank you.

1. Would you22 votes
    1. revert to drop 7H after IDOC state.
      68.18%
    2. 5-10-15 is fine
      31.82%

Comments

• I say just get rid of them for good just delete everything give the persons account all the cleanup points as if they had trashed everything themselves and call it a day . 
  • TimTim Posts: 796
    I say just get rid of them for good just delete everything give the persons account all the cleanup points as if they had trashed everything themselves and call it a day . 
    I agree a good idea
  • VladimirVladimir Posts: 41
    Please @Mesanna and @Kyronix and @Bleak , now that the Patch is released WW, pls Hear us on this matter and PLS stop this 15 Hours BS, Make straight 7 hours or  5-10  but PLS Remove this 15 hours, We all have a life outside UO as well, we don't have time to stay 15 Hours waiting.
  • AtomicBettyAtomicBetty Posts: 240
    IDOC's should have a countdown timer on the sign when the house will fall.

Random drop times is not compelling game play and to be honest if the whole shard shows up right before the house falls that's awesome. Hopefully the wealth gets spread out rather then hoarded by a few.
  • GandalfGandalf Posts: 115
    IDOC's should have a countdown timer on the sign when the house will fall.

Random drop times is not compelling game play and to be honest if the whole shard shows up right before the house falls that's awesome. Hopefully the wealth gets spread out rather then hoarded by a few.
    It won't stop cheaters,  example: 1 ghost char(EJ) check if house sign still exist. Once the sign gone all the other accounts recall to the spot and loot.
    And this happen already in some Japanese shards.

• SoldahouseSoldahouse Posts: 129
    I have found that almost all houses falling change to IDOCs within a 2 hour period in the mornings. This month we have had maybe 3 that have changed to idoc 12 hours later. As it is now if your working away from home you can still catch an idoc when you get home or before work. If they changed it to all falling in 7, then they need to change when they turn IDOC.  Turn house signs black and put a timer on them that would be great.     
  • GandalfGandalf Posts: 115
    Turn house signs black and put a timer on them that would be great.     
    I agree with you. Cooldown timer on house sign might be a good idea also.
  • DasilvaDasilva Posts: 98
    edited December 2019
    personally id prefer they deal with the cheating scripts directly, they successfully broke lumberjacking scripts years ago there hasnt been a working lumberjack script in forever, I am sure there is a way to break the idoc scripters, I do know one way to stop it but a lot of people would disagree, thats do away with EJ accounts period. in my opinion they were bad for the game anyways, they allow people to close their paid accounts and just make 500 EJ accounts and not pay a dime
  • FortisFortis Posts: 410
    no one are in the same country and have same work Schedule so 5-10-15 is fair to everyone stop trying to do them all...
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,209

Idocing is fueled by nothing more than greed, bottom feeding off those that have left due to boredom, financial trouble and even death.

I've done it. We've all done it. We rarely think about the person behind the home and only in extreme cases does anyone try to save anything for their return.

I think all items should be put into a moving crate system only accessed by placing another house or deleted on the spot.

Recirculating items makes content worthless. I've idoced enough regs to last 20 more years of this game and when I go, they'll just go to someone else.

• I think is about time that @Mesanna @Kyronix and @Bleak hear us the players and the multi request to address this topic and not only "soon" or this coming year promises and end up just like the coming soon new account mgmt that never came.
    if you plan to "address" this situation "soon"  at least for now put the way it was static at 7 hours after and PLS remove this non sense 15 hours BS, serious , we have life outside UO and the 15 hours dont benefit anyone at all, so while you still thinking on "brain storming" ideas, at least DO something for now and either revert the situation until fixed.
  • +1
  • JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 578
    edited December 2019
    Leonidas said:
    I think is about time that @ Mesanna @ Kyronix and @ Bleak hear us the players and the multi request to address this topic and not only "soon" or this coming year promises and end up just like the coming soon new account mgmt that never came.
    if you plan to "address" this situation "soon"  at least for now put the way it was static at 7 hours after and PLS remove this non sense 15 hours BS, serious , we have life outside UO and the 15 hours dont benefit anyone at all, so while you still thinking on "brain storming" ideas, at least DO something for now and either revert the situation until fixed.
    They hear a lot of us players.

Just not everyone and god forbid in public or even their own "forums".
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)
  • If they really wanted complete input from the players, they would make a poll when you log ingame and go to a stone at the Commons.  Kinda like voting for the castle contest.

One vote per account (lol, don't do it like elections this time!).

Ideas could be collected here to vote on, but if ingame, and announced by the town criers for a few days, everyone could have a say, and not just the few here on the boards.

• This is the "official" forum and the only way to communicate with the devs ( @Mesanna, @Kyronix, @Bleak ) and make me wonder , why they dont join us here and do the "brain storming" with us players, i mean we actually play the game, we pay for the accounts, our voices should matter, i just hope they could do somerhing NOW to address this matter while they are "busy" thinking about.

Since this topic is so Hot, why not pause idocs or stop them for now while thwy are working on it.
  • IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    edited December 2019
    PrissyP said:
    (...) why they dont join us here and do the "brain storming" with us players, (...)
    Far be it from me the idea to defend the UO Team (  ;)  ), but:

1) AAMOF they do this, and A LOT more than it normally happens in the majority of other online gaming comunity;
    2) we prolly are by far the most grumpy bunch of old farts in the aforementioned gaming landscape;
    3) the Team, maybe differently form most of us, prolly have a life outside UO & a job with office hours, in which maybe they should choose if it is best having some work actually done or nanny us all the day... :D

Cheers
    I.

PS: That above said, I totally agree that they should get rid of the obnoxious 5-10-15 hours timer.

• well, lets try to be polite again, otherwise the mods will close this topic just as fast as they did the other one posted by @Dasilva. Every time a "HOT" topic that NEED to be addressed so bad and that the community are asking for @Mesanna and @Bleak ; and @Kyronix to fix something that is broken or been abused, either we are ignored by them or the mods just close the topic, because they dont feel like the topic need to be discussed, even on "civil and respectfully" way.
    With that been said, 2 things that I want to address, OSI houses and Objects blocking placements that I wll make another post for that.

The OSI houses are NOT working as they should, the whole purpose on houses turning OSI, is to give the Vendor Renters, enough time (another week cycle) to come to the house and clear their vendor contents and gold out of the house sign.

so the house that will stage and have vendors NOT owned by the house owner, WILL go OSI after the full stage process (SL, SW, FW, GW and IDOC) than will go Owned by OSI and it SHOULD stay up for another full stages  (SL, SW, FW, GW and IDOC) and than drop, but over 90% of them fall at either SW or FW and only those "camping" 24/7 AFK, will benefit from that.
    The Sonoma Keep was a perfect example, the Keep had a vendor inside and went OSI, than the house went SL, SW, FW and than pooof.

as stated before the keep had a lot of rares on it and collapsed at 4:00am at FW stage and all items went pooof instant by a lot of Hidden toons that were camping there, maybe even AFK, lets give the benefit of doubt on that.

I know the Devs told us that this is something they will look into 2020 (soon) but we all know that we cant count on their word on the coming soon, look at the coming soon acc mgmt from 6 years ago and never came. so why not Cancel the idocs for now? and We will wait til they "soon" perma fix the problem?  or like suggested on this topic, revert to the way that was before, PLS STOP this NONE SENSE 5-10-15 hours IDOCS.

• Vladimir said:
    well, lets try to be polite again, otherwise the mods will close this topic just as fast as they did the other one posted by @ Dasilva. Every time a "HOT" topic that NEED to be addressed so bad and that the community are asking for @ Mesanna and @ Bleak  and @ Kyronix to fix something that is broken or been abused, either we are ignored by them or the mods just close the topic, because they dont feel like the topic need to be discussed, even on "civil and respectfully" way.
    With that been said, 2 things that I want to address, OSI houses and Objects blocking placements that I wll make another post for that.

The OSI houses are NOT working as they should, the whole purpose on houses turning OSI, is to give the Vendor Renters, enough time (another week cycle) to come to the house and clear their vendor contents and gold out of the house sign.

so the house that will stage and have vendors NOT owned by the house owner, WILL go OSI after the full stage process (SL, SW, FW, GW and IDOC) than will go Owned by OSI and it SHOULD stay up for another full stages  (SL, SW, FW, GW and IDOC) and than drop, but over 90% of them fall at either SW or FW and only those "camping" 24/7 AFK, will benefit from that.
    The Sonoma Keep was a perfect example, the Keep had a vendor inside and went OSI, than the house went SL, SW, FW and than pooof.

as stated before the keep had a lot of rares on it and collapsed at 4:00am at FW stage and all items went pooof instant by a lot of Hidden toons that were camping there, maybe even AFK, lets give the benefit of doubt on that.

I know the Devs told us that this is something they will look into 2020 (soon) but we all know that we cant count on their word on the coming soon, look at the coming soon acc mgmt from 6 years ago and never came. so why not Cancel the idocs for now? and We will wait til they "soon" perma fix the problem?  or like suggested on this topic, revert to the way that was before, PLS STOP this NONE SENSE 5-10-15 hours IDOCS.

Two things wrong with your statement here though

1. This only applied to rented vendors, not house owned vendors, of course we cannot tell the difference.

2. An OSI house can be dropped by Mesanna at any time once the appeal decision etc or final ban decision has been made. This is why some houses do not go the full cycle.

My BIG problem with this, and I made this clear on a now closed thread is how something VERY suspicious happens with this.

I was watching 2 diff OSI idocs in Atl. First was a medium size house, crammed between several other houses so nothing special to go after placement wise. But it DID have over 15 auction safes, so well worth going for. Anyway, whilst stopping by to see what's up, one day "somewhat worn to fairly worn" there were 2 groups of 5 pack animals and hidden players. We know who it is so I won't say through fear of getting this closed.  I went back several hours later, and you know it , GONE and looted.  Pissed off yes, but I put it down to OSI weirdness.

This happened again in the last 2 weeks. First few days of cycle, nothing. Then when the houses was fairly worn, Loads of pack animals bunched up ready to auto follow. The script looter we all know hidden again. Several hours later. Same thing looted dry.

He was not there the day before on both occasions but he knew to be there within a few hours of "fall"

NO WAY. So there IS a link between the dev team and this idoc person. 

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,050
    Vladimir said:
    well, lets try to be polite again, otherwise the mods will close this topic just as fast as they did the other one posted by @ Dasilva. Every time a "HOT" topic that NEED to be addressed so bad and that the community are asking for @ Mesanna and @ Bleak  and @ Kyronix to fix something that is broken or been abused, either we are ignored by them or the mods just close the topic, because they dont feel like the topic need to be discussed, even on "civil and respectfully" way.

1. This only applied to rented vendors, not house owned vendors, of course we cannot tell the difference.

2. An OSI house can be dropped by Mesanna at any time once the appeal decision etc or final ban decision has been made. This is why some houses do not go the full cycle.

My BIG problem with this, and I made this clear on a now closed thread is how something VERY suspicious happens with this.

I was watching 2 diff OSI idocs in Atl. First was a medium size house, crammed between several other houses so nothing special to go after placement wise. But it DID have over 15 auction safes, so well worth going for. Anyway, whilst stopping by to see what's up, one day "somewhat worn to fairly worn" there were 2 groups of 5 pack animals and hidden players. We know who it is so I won't say through fear of getting this closed.  I went back several hours later, and you know it , GONE and looted.  Pissed off yes, but I put it down to OSI weirdness.

This happened again in the last 2 weeks. First few days of cycle, nothing. Then when the houses was fairly worn, Loads of pack animals bunched up ready to auto follow. The script looter we all know hidden again. Several hours later. Same thing looted dry.

He was not there the day before on both occasions but he knew to be there within a few hours of "fall"

You saw both. Maybe the difference is he stayed and watched.

Your case would be immediately dismissed.  
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • It is true that only Mesanna can drop Houses, but TBH, they are all on vacation for the past 2 weeks, they dont even answer emails that people send to support, so I dont think she is logging at 4am to drop an OSI house!!!. The system is broken and the people that you see at OSI Idocs at 3, 4am at SW or FW stage, I am 99% they are not even there!!
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    The funny thing is, you're at every IDOC that you complain that others are always at....
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • Pawain said:
    Vladimir said:

You saw both. Maybe the difference is he stayed and watched.

Your case would be immediately dismissed.  
    You do not get my point. The rules state that the OSI idoc will go full cycle then fall. On these 2 occasions the looter was there several days early and in that time within hours the houses were gone. So it WAS something suspicious as they fell days earlier than they should have, or Mesanna dropped them and the looter KNEW she was about to drop,  There is no way an experienced idocer will aimless wait for days on the off chance the house will drop. Certainly not on the 2 occasions I witnessed it.  This is my point. 

This was not coincidental at all. This is what I am getting at.

And bearing in mind the player investigation done on the idci script cheating and the Dev's involved you tube videos documenting many aspects of idoc cheating and idoc fall time changes to suit a certain player or team. This is as far as I am concerned another piece of idoc foul play.

Maybe you can enlighten me with you knowledge of this topic, after 1500+ idocs in 13 years give or take I like to think I know something is definitely up here

Here is a rough account of what I witnessed.  Server up, I log in, go to idoc note the time. Rabbit and llama hidden there, we know who that is...........few hours later looking to get an idea of state change, same hidden animals,  check in again,  pack animals everywhere, same idoc cheater names hidden, we know who this is. check back a little while later, house gone, just crap like tables etc left. 

NO WAY IN HELL ITS BY CHANCE. 

Like I say, twice recently I have seen a link to behaviour. So it could have happened many times before. And another player win a now locked thread (surprise, surprise) has witness the same thing.

You just would NOT wait around for days unless you are new to idocs,  and it was literally a few hours before they fell, so not even hopefully camping all day.  He KNEW they were going, and what's worse for me  Mesanna would have seen the pack animals waiting when she went to drop them.  All in houses favours.  She could have watched the scripts working while she was there couldn't she.  

Simply put, there is NO appetite to deal with this cheater. More changes coming will only impact those of us that don't cheat. Guarantee the changes coming will be for the benefit on the Idoc cheater. 
  • The funny thing is, you're at every IDOC that you complain that others are always at....
    What?

I complain about the idoc cheat yes. There is enough evidence, certainly with the you tube video for the Devs to take action. By there has been no appetite to deal with it in the year I have been back. 

I don't however complain if Spring beats me to house placement or there players as its part of the game, we all have a chance. 

What I DO complain about it auto loot scripting and the lack of action. We are all pissed off with it
  • Lieutenant_DanLieutenant_Dan Posts: 195
    edited December 2019
    Just turn the house signs off so they look like every other house and increase decay time on house items to 1 week after it falls and be done with it.

• I love the suggestion someone made about the only way you know a house has fallen is if you are in, or live in the vicinity of a house that falls you feel an earthquake, stronger the nearer you are. So you are encouraged to go and have a look around.  
  • I miss the old days when you were walking around and all of a sudden a house you were going by went *poof* everything was on the ground. The randomness was wonderful. 
    Lord Nabin
    High Council Sage
    Ancient Conclave of Wisdom

ICQ 248-636-691
    Discord Lord Nabin#5433
    lordnabin@yahoo.com
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    I love the suggestion someone made about the only way you know a house has fallen is if you are in, or live in the vicinity of a house that falls you feel an earthquake, stronger the nearer you are. So you are encouraged to go and have a look around.  
    No screw that "feels an earthquake crap", that's what a scripter would say (and no I"m not accusing anyone) but ideas like that make me want to vomit almost as much as the actual IDOC conversations do. Turn the house signs off, period. IDOCrs who claim it's a playstyle can continue to run around all day and night looking for fallen houses. Oh you don't like that ? That's not what you meant by "your playstyle" ? right. Everyone who does not cheat should immediately raise their hands for the "Turn off the house notification" idea, but very few hands actually raise.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • I love the suggestion someone made about the only way you know a house has fallen is if you are in, or live in the vicinity of a house that falls you feel an earthquake, stronger the nearer you are. So you are encouraged to go and have a look around.  
    No screw that "feels an earthquake crap", that's what a scripter would say (and no I"m not accusing anyone) but ideas like that make me want to vomit almost as much as the actual IDOC conversations do. Turn the house signs off, period. IDOCrs who claim it's a playstyle can continue to run around all day and night looking for fallen houses. Oh you don't like that ? That's not what you meant by "your playstyle" ? right. Everyone who does not cheat should immediately raise their hands for the "Turn off the house notification" idea, but very few hands actually raise.
    I suppose there would be a way to tap into the game code and hear earthquakes over the complete shard somehow, Clever these people!.
    No warning, no house decay signs,It would be a frenzied 2/3 hr window of opportunity. Zooming around the lands looking for houses that have fallen would actually be a great idea. Seeing as they always fall or turn within a certain time frame (billing time outs I guess). I have never thought of this but I really like it,  no cheating, no scripts just rushing around hoping to come across a bounty!
    As long as it decays over a longer time frame to allow finders :)

I am all for that idea

Also, I personally do feel sad a lot of the time when houses do go, as it usually means people are bored or fed up and moved on (or something ever more tragic), The Dev's or Broadsword, or EA or whoever it is does not do their utmost to keep the game alive then it is a shame.

The last time I quit, and I thought it was for good was when the brought out shard shields, won't go into it as its a very toxic subject, But when I did come back I only had what I had in the bank, and I really enjoyed going out there again and reacquainting myself with the game, and I take comfort from that and hope many others will return and try again

However what I have seen several times over the last month is players falling victim to the 90 day game and losing. I have returned shard shields and token to players that have made a mistake and I would urge people for the sake of their pixel property and the property of the game to just pay up and dont gamble!!!
  • But then again I suppose idoc guy and owners of other RMT sites would just send out 10/15 autobot to search the land at diff points within the fall window and like always clean up. So I guess that wont work either.

Which goes back to the time old argument. Stop 3rd party scripts invading the game through the back door. 
  • Just convert to the way it was before. stop this 5-10-15 hour.
    or just like many others suggested, Stop them for Good.
    Farewell.
This discussion has been closed.