Ship Speed

Is there any chance at all that you will consider increasing the speed of ships, or possibly adding a "Cruising Mode" where no activities can be performed other than steering of the ship ? It makes no good sense at all that I can run completely around the entire world several times over before a ship can sail around it a single time. It's also possible to go into wolf form and simply walking along the shoreline faster than a ship can sail. I see no reason why this can't be implemented, the penalties of course would be no fishing, spell casting, combat or cannon firing while in Travel Mode.
You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.

Comments

• Rowboat speed also needs to be increased from a sleepy snail's pace to that of an elderly tortoise. 
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    This issue has never occurred to me before, when I used sailing for fishing and, thus, mostly used the "slow forward" command....

But now that I need to go all over the place to deliver Orders for Krampus spawning, I realized how much sailing is compared to Land running....

So, yes, now I am a convert, due to my need to deliver Trade orders as fast as possible, I do wish that there as a Cruise command....
  • Most people cancel the orders for islands... 
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    I thought cancelling was bad for your status ? Or is that fishing only ?
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    I think that cancelling an order should definitively be bad for one's own Trade Orders status....
  • MissEMissE Posts: 776
    Fishing only.  The penalty is a cooldown between being able to pick up another. 

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    popps said:
    I think that cancelling an order should definitively be bad for one's own Trade Orders status....
    Me too!

I would love to go back to one order Trade runs.  The first idea of yours that makes sense!
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • popps said:
    Pawain said:
    Me too!

I would love to go back to one order Trade runs.  The first idea of yours that makes sense!

NO.
  • lol!!
  • KirthagKirthag Posts: 541
    @Dot_Warner

you owe me a clean monitor and new keboard!
     :D :D :D
  • ParnocParnoc Posts: 236
    edited December 2019
    Reply from Miss E:   Fishing only.  The penalty is a cooldown between being able to pick up another. 

Refusing a fishing order does NOT damage your reputation, throwing an order overboard after recieving DOES damage your reputation.
  • ParnocParnoc Posts: 236
    I totally agree with the ship speed request, if you happen to be on the biginning of delivering an order by ship when Krampus pops, you most likely won't have time to jettison your present order and get back to fight him.
  • DragoDrago Posts: 290
    Totally agree that ship speed needs a boost.   Majority of sailing is not only boring,  visually its ugly AF,  if the ocean had animation/waves (like this - )
    It could be a little more bearable.

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    ship speed should be worked on. smaller ship faster bigger ship bigger boom..
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way...