Please remove the Ancient Treasure Chest Guardians!

2»

Comments

• DrowyDrowy Posts: 128
    What is challenging in fighting those Ancient guardians? They are the same monsters as the spawn after you dig up the chest. And they come one by one. The monster spawn after you dig up the chest is ok. They got loot, they got gold, they are somewhat challenging. But why do we need Ancient Treasure Chest Guardians? They are just a waste of time and the dedicated treasure hunters already go for the next map to avoid them. And 99% wouldnt miss them and be happy if they are gone.
  • KirthagKirthag Posts: 541
    Dasilva said:
    Kirthag said:
    *shudders*

I dread the IDOC changes... really.... 
    Scripters need to be dealt with, but changing IDOC is just gonna tick off half the legit players and make the other half rage-quit while the scripters take a few days to do a work-around if they don't figure it out on TC.

not to derail the post here but what are these idoc changes? can you start another post with information on this? as a non scripter I am really curious quite honestly I dont know of a way to truly stop the scripters from getting the loot but i can think of ways to slow them down for example when a house falls its 15 minutes to 2 hours before you can place, do the same with the loot
    make it 15 minutes to an hour before you can grab it
    nothing's been officially posted, but ANY change to IDOC is going to not be pleasant... ANY change will only be a hiccup to the scripters.

there are really only a few programmatically ways to kill scripting - third party script sniffers (battleye.com is the foremost and one I've mentioned before) are not likely going to happen due to licensing issues with EA. So that leaves game mechanic changes - and I shudder thinking what they may come up with.

• It will be fine.
    What could possibly go wrong?