City Election voting bug

psychopsycho Posts: 284
Hi, 
I am the previous govenour, and Ive discovered a bug in the current city elections.
I just voted for myself 15 times, and if I wanted I can vote another 50.
Just tried it on normal subscription account and EJ account, both can vote at the city election over and over again.

Now whether this only applies to one city election or all on shard, or all shards I dont know.
I only have chars in Yew city Europa shard.  Please look into this

If this does not get fixed by the time election end I will vote a million times to ensure the victory.

Thank you for looking into this.

Comments

• MilenaMilena Posts: 30
    Good find psycho and thanks for your honesty.
    This must be fixed asap, and a new election time.

I'm a candidate myself for another town. I don't want it to be an unfair election!
    Milena Cindell - Europa
  • This will be fun :)
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)
  • I see a hotfix has taken place but it appears that the invalid votes are still being counted. Will this be fixed or are the votes here to stay?
  • Any update on this? Unless hundreds of people have come to my shard to vote, I think the bugged votes are still counted. If I'm wrong and just a sore loser, please let me know 
  • Relvinian said:
    I see a hotfix has taken place but it appears that the invalid votes are still being counted. Will this be fixed or are the votes here to stay?
    I used to say "They couldn't care less". But I'm proven wrong by Mariah so often.
  • lol
  • psychopsycho Posts: 284
    edited December 2019
    Relvinian said:
    I see a hotfix has taken place but it appears that the invalid votes are still being counted.
    This is true.  They fixed the new voting, maybe extended to period by a day,
    however the old votes were not reset, and if voted many times it weigh so much it decides the entire election.

On yew I voted with a char of mine and it moved 0.6% in my favour, meanin I needed hundreds of votes to make a change. I talked with Reginleif about it and we discovered this votes still count.
    He was nice to resign as contestant so that I could win, very nice of him.

However this doesnt fix the other town elections.
    I say restart the whole process, let democracy decide.
    if votes are not reset it means cheaters win (and yes many elections already been decided)

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    psycho said:
    Relvinian said:
    I see a hotfix has taken place but it appears that the invalid votes are still being counted.
    This is true.  They fixed the new voting, maybe extended to period by a day,
    however the old votes were not reset, and if voted many times it weigh so much it decides the entire election.

On yew I voted with a char of mine and it moved 0.6% in my favour, meanin I needed hundreds of votes to make a change. I talked with Reginleif about it and we discovered this votes still count.
    He was nice to resign as contestant so that I could win, very nice of him.

However this doesnt fix the other town elections.
    I say restart the whole process, let democracy decide.
    if votes are not reset it means cheaters win (and yes many elections already been decided)

The smaller shards are usually decided by one vote.  And I mean the only vote cast.  We do not need to start over.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • I don’t think that they need to start over, only change needed would be to make each characters vote count only once. On my “dead shard” my vote only counted for less than 1% 
  • With elections ending this weekend and no response, I am suspecting that these rigged elections will stand? As a returning player trying to get into towns for the first time, this has really left a bad taste in my mouth.
  • JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 578
    edited December 2019
    Relvinian said:
    With elections ending this weekend and no response, I am suspecting that these rigged elections will stand? As a returning player trying to get into towns for the first time, this has really left a bad taste in my mouth.
    Get used to it. In 3 weeks nobody will talk about anymore and you will see how it worked out perfect just sitting it out :) GG to those abusing this exploit and getting away with it.