What are your top 10 favorite artifacts?

Comments

• TecloTeclo Posts: 27
    cant be an impossible thing can it?  put some NPC up , that let you trade your hat of magi for some other type of hat,   or your armor of fortune for a similar platechest ,
    can be a great goldsink aswell 

• TecloTeclo Posts: 27
    it def would be needed with Hawkwind's, as it taken over the game completly
  • JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 578
    Sliss said:
    Kyronix said:
    What are your favorite top 10 favorite artifacts?
    Looking for things to nerf? <span>:smiley:</span>
    Haha, if it just wasn't that sad..
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)
  • MissEMissE Posts: 776
    Need a decent bracelet with high 20% sdi or similar and other MAGE mods

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum
  • MissE said:
    Definitely needs FCR on there and maybe some FC. I honestly don’t care about the rest. 

Im eagerly awaiting the new/improved/whatever artifacts that may be coming. 
  • North_LSNorth_LS Posts: 99
    MissE said:
    a crafting recipe requiring ornament for something like this would be perfect.

an analog for a modern dexer/archer/sampire would be nice too.
  • FortisFortis Posts: 408
    title of this thread should have been witch artifacts you want a new design of it...
  • TimTim Posts: 790
    Fortis said:
    title of this thread should have been witch artifacts you want a new design of it...
    That wasn't what he asked.
    edited September 2019

yeah but that was what he was looking for go see other post from kyronic test center from quickblade

• quickbladequickblade Posts: 291
    edited September 2019
    100% of players here posted their artifacts liking in order of utility not design anyway , Idk why would Kyronix think when we like an artifact it's for its style design. This bring me to my post on test center category where Kyronix says players sometimes like and wear artifacts for their style. 
    That just make me lol , who wear artifact for their style in 2019 , do you wear a crimson cincture for its style or its stats comon. 
    Tho new design feature coming, bring hope to a future new design for this horrible Hawkwind's Robe, so my fingers stays crossed, maybe after the crimson revamp , we will get a Hawkwind revamp :P

• OkamiOkami Posts: 61
    I can firmly say I'm in the camp that prefers styles over statistics. One of the things I absolutely despise about current UO is how the power shifted from crafters to random loot drops as far as wearables go.

That said, not sure if this thread is still being checked, one thing I wish could be given some form of upgrade is the virtue armor set. Just because of the nature of the virtues in relation to ultima online .
  • I wear Transparent Heart (blessed earrings acquired from a Virtue quest) all of the time. I am also in the habit of wearing my shoulder parrot as often as I can (i.e., when the robe stats don't make a measurable difference in the scenario I am facing). Same goes with busting out Smugglers' Lanterns and rocking a cool hair do.

People don't play for the same reasons or in the same way.

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    edited September 2019
    Okami said:
    I can firmly say I'm in the camp that prefers styles over statistics. One of the things I absolutely despise about current UO is how the power shifted from crafters to random loot drops as far as wearables go.

That said, not sure if this thread is still being checked, one thing I wish could be given some form of upgrade is the virtue armor set. Just because of the nature of the virtues in relation to ultima online .
    Not talking about The Eodon Armor sets. They are good.

All of the Armor sets could use a revamp.  Sorcerers armor is the only one that is still used. They all need to be able to get to 100% LRC and 70s resist with the set and basic crafted pieces. Then give good template specific bonuses.  Some of those look really cool when you complete the set.

Collecting sets can take years. They need up to date bonus stats.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Wow. Long thread.  Must be a really good question!

I love my standard arties used by my bread and butter warrior:

* Crimson Cinture
    * Primer on Arms and Damage Removal
    * Corgul's Enchanted Sash

She's high-tier.  Not sure how she can be improved further.

Cheers.
  • flapflap Posts: 1
    Imbueable artifacts, because you can adjust them for your suit
  • I personally, really like the Ornament of the Magician.  Great concept but it needs to be improved upon though; loot artifacts are in most cases much better than the Orny.
  • I know these are probably not considered powerful or maybe even "good" by today's standards but I still think the Crimson Cincture and the Tangle are some of my favorite items. I haven't gotten an Ozy's Obi yet, but those look good too.

Personally things I'd like to see more of are earring slot items, and some more intricate artwork on things like robes or the apron slot items. Imagine some pretty stars on a mage's robe? Or intricate web designs on something like the Tangle. Not saying those particular items need the artwork but would be nice. Maybe make them a dye treatment that players can craft or peerless monsters can drop as loot.

I wouldn't say peerless monsters need a bump in difficulty but maybe add "Extreme" versions of some of them as a test sample maybe. Like when you farm the keys when you go to turn them in for a master key, maybe when you choose to click to enter the peerless you get an option to challenge the extreme version for new loot or prizes. Ok yeah I'm going off the topic of the discussion I'll shush now.
  • I don't know how I forgot to include the invasion spellbooks. We definitely need a chance to get them again. I'd even argue to make them imbuable but I think that's another discussion.

• CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    I don't know how I forgot to include the invasion spellbooks. We definitely need a chance to get them again. I'd even argue to make them imbuable but I think that's another discussion.

@ Kyronix
    maybe they could add this to Jolly Roger's loot
  • FreelsyFreelsy Posts: 70
    Leurocian's Mempo. My hands down favorite artifact/unique item. I wish there were more unique Luck items.
  • enchantress' cameo for me
  • JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 578
    edited October 2019
    I don't know how I forgot to include the invasion spellbooks. We definitely need a chance to get them again. I'd even argue to make them imbuable but I think that's another discussion.

@ Kyronix
    Second that. Most powerful spellbooks and not aquirable at all. @Kyronix
     Please add them to JollyRoger :)
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656
    JollyJade said:

@ Kyronix
    Second that. Most powerful spellbooks and not aquirable at all. @ Kyronix
     Please add them to JollyRoger :)
    I’ll third this!
    edited December 2019
    close this useless thread ASAP
  • Artifact "an object made by a human being(s), typically an item of cultural or historical interest.". Hmmm..... I pick Kyronix!
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies
  • sibblesibble Posts: 112
    edited February 2020
    Hey, @Kyronix happy to see you guys are looking into artifacts!

I have many favorites, but I'd like to also explain why :smile:

Any + Skill artifacts always make me happy.  They enable unique builds that wouldn't normally be possible.  Mark of Travesty, Midnight Bracers/Cuffs - these are the type of items I'm talking about.  Also, of course, I like how the # of skill vs. properties is balanced.  Of those 3 I'd say cuffs would be most lucrative with the SDI, resists and mana regen.  As far as balanced, I'd say the cuffs were unbalanced compared to the other two.  If I had to change any of them I would buff Mark and Bracers instead of nerfing Cuffs.

I also like armor artifacts that have weapon properties on them.  Mace and Shields are an excellent armor item that opens up a property for your weapon.

The same applies to FC/FCR right... having a Halo will open up slots on my jewelry.

I personally use Clockwork Leggings in many of my suits because it enables me to build a suit be refined and easily over-cap DCI without having to sacrifice a bunch of other pieces for DCI.

Last two... Crimson Cincture and Slither - I look at having +25 hit point increase as a requirement on all my suits as most other people do who PVP as well.  These items allow me to sacrifice hit point increase on armor which then leads to fitting in artifacts with +skill increase or mace and shields for an extra weapon property.

Basically I'm just really into unique build-enabling artifacts that aren't so unbalanced they become a requirement to every build like the Ornament of the Magician once was.

Jewelry with eaters, armor with casting/weapon mods, etc.  These are the type of things that excite me.

Thanks <3
  • sibblesibble Posts: 112
    edited February 2020
    Also Orc Chieftain Helm, 30 HCI on an armor piece opens up a lot of opportunities on other pieces.
  • TheoTheo Posts: 167
    edited February 2020
    A few that come to mind...

Mace and Shield Glasses - Must for all my sampires with the 30% HLD - its the only non weapon to get that mod and sampires are all about hitting as often as possible to leach.  Wish it had Dex increase, Stamina increase or HCI or DCI but can't have everything....   Also wish the community collection to get it wasn't such a grind.  They changed the number of shields to donate such that only a scripter can realistically do it.  Donating 80k shields is just stupid.  Let us donate other items or artifact.  I mean, give us 10,000 points for other artifacts and let us trade up. Fix the community collections already. They are dead for no good reason.  <End Side Rant>

Burglers Bandana - Use it on all hider/stealthers.  You can bless with CBD and it gives you +30 skills.  

Swords of Prosperity - Use it on all low fighting mages.  Spell channeling, no mage penalty means I can use mage skill for weapon/defense.  has 200 luck. Not perfect (can get 190 luck blade and shield for 380) but I'll trade the extra luck for the mage -0.  Use it on thunter for example. He doesn't really fight but it allows him to use his 110 mage skill as defense and adds to his luck suit. 

Tangle and Crimson Cinture - Can't beat the mods for an otherwise used slot.  Tangle for casting and Crimmy for fighting toons. 

Cong Garb - One of the best robes.  140 luck, MR 2 and DCI 5.  Great for thunters again for luck suits, good for casters and even fighters. 

Soles of Providence - Only way to get luck on your feet for luck suits (all thunters). 

Soul Seeker - Great sampire whirlwind weapon with mod caps and combo you can't craft - however I wish it didn't have life leech.  Why? Sampires leech already from hitting. The leeches can't go off all at once so from the weapon I need stamina and mana - not health. Life leeches slow down how often mana and stamina fire - It would be MUCH more useful if you could remove that property.  

Pads of the Cu-Sidhe - I dont want all my tamers to be elves.  Wish they allowed taming Cu's as well. 

There are any number of old artifacts (marties, doom artifacts etc) that are completely useless. A 80 imbue character can make a better item.  They need serious remedial help to make them even moderately useful.   This should be the very FIRST place to revamp and make doom and martie dungeons useful again.  

Example :  
    Voice of the Fallen King
    (Condensed)voice_of_the_fallen_king
    Artifact Rarity 11
    Strength Bonus 8
    Hit Point Regeneration 5
    Stamina Regeneration 3
    Physical Resist 2%
    Fire Resist 4%
    Cold Resist 18%
    Poison Resist 3%
    Energy Resist 18%
    Strength Requirement 20
    Durability 255

I can just about craft that and have imbue points left over.  

Str 8 can be imbued, HPR 3, Stam 3 imbued, and 45 total resist?  I get better from a thunter chest.  

Bump this to 10/20/15/10/15 resist and include LMC 10 and Stamina 10, Replace HP regen with HCI 5  and this is immediately useful.    

• FoosFoos Posts: 81
    Kyronix said:
    What are your favorite top 10 favorite artifacts?  "Favorite" is pretty subjective.  Some of you may go for functionality, some of you may go for form, some may go for both.  That's ok!  Just make a note why you choose them.  If you want to get even more detailed and make a list by character template - go for that too!  Only looking for the pre-generated artifacts, nothing randomly generated!  Can be armor, weapons, or jewelry, or clothing for that matter!

Also - don't need to know that most artifacts "suck" and are "useless"  This is something we are certainly aware of and not what I'm looking for in this thread. 

Any chance we can get a replica or Lord Morphius Epaulettes as a reward in the near future?  This is a best in slot item that many people have that I don't have.  (I came back as that event was raging).  I'm going to trade for one but the insanely high value of this item for Sampire's can't be understated. 

• MedeaMedea Posts: 9
    My 10 favorite artifacts are items that cannot be stolen and are blessed, and have little to no "use" and yes, you read that right.

Like those with +10 Alchemy, +10 Cooking, or maybe even +10 Blacksmithy or Tailoring.

I would love to see a little more love for craftsmen or their skills once again. No super skills and stats for invincible warriors/wizards/tamers who whine all the time about statistics, their pets and their none-visible effects, but to support the normal craftsmen who try to go about their everyday business.

Thank you, very much.