Please remove the Ancient Treasure Chest Guardians!

They are time cosuming, got no loot and its better to just wait a certain amount of time until you remove the trap from the chest to not let any spawn. They are just a big annoyance and everyone would be happy if they were gone. To sit and wait for something is one of the things I dislike the most. I dont see a reason for them.
So please remove them or give us a way to avoid them, like if you unlock the chest with a skeleton key, you can remove the trap without ancient treasure chest guardians right away.

Comments

• JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 578
    edited December 2019
    I agree. The old system had a better balance. Top end items were in the top tier chests with the toughest guardians - and there was no need for those ancient guardian stuff. Now you have the most desirable items in the easiest chests. I guess those lame ancient guardians are a try to make those chests more challenging? idk tbh.. it was a good run until it got improved.
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    I did a few maps a few nights ago and was more than a little pissed at not only the failures to remove trap, 4 failures in a row but with a ridiculous guardian with some kind of insta poison BS.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • I bet I have only done a handful of maps since the "upgrade". Complete failure. It used to be a fun pastime solo. 
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656
    With the way the timer and remove trap work now you are basically punished for being good at maps (player skill wise, not character skill wise).

I went to the trouble of getting GM remove trap and training up a fully skilled and very powerful Disco-Cu to solo maps.  I can kill the normal guardian spawn pretty quick, which means I am left to kill 8-10 ancient guardians afterwards, whereas someone who takes longer to kill the initial spawn might not have to kill any.  Completely backwards.

I am to the point where I do about 5 maps at a time, digging them up and killing the initial guardians then moving to the next one.  Once all 5 are dug up and the initial guardians are dead I cycle back through them to pick the lock , remove the trap and loot.  At least with this strategy I don't waste so much time with a tedious (broken IMO) game mechanic.
    Yeah, the fought scripters by making it random resources, etc etc.
    Then the Tmap 'improvements'

Can't wait to see what they do with IDOCs lol
  • KirthagKirthag Posts: 541
    *shudders*

I dread the IDOC changes... really.... 
    Scripters need to be dealt with, but changing IDOC is just gonna tick off half the legit players and make the other half rage-quit while the scripters take a few days to do a work-around if they don't figure it out on TC.

• FortisFortis Posts: 408

with 100 removing trap skill you shouldnt  get 4 rounds of guardians spawn with a cache tmaps ( only lvl 3 ).... really annoying to have 100 in this skill for nothing...so what do we do...we dont do them sadly

• TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779

Unless you pay through the nose for them the only way to get the mysterious fragments used for the shrine battles is to dig up treasure chests.  So how many people can't do the shrine battles now because they refused to dig up chests? 

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    TimSt said:

Unless you pay through the nose for them the only way to get the mysterious fragments used for the shrine battles is to dig up treasure chests.  So how many people can't do the shrine battles now because they refused to dig up chests? 

I have 3 cloaks and 9 Tabards and only had 25 total Fragments.

The only reason you did not do the Mini Event on LS was because you chose not to.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    the bigguest stupidity they made was asking 8 fragments for a shrine so person like me who ahve collect them earlier 1 per tmap have lost many precious time....now instead of getting one fragment on tmap you get 8... they should have made shrine battles at 1 fragments and tmap still dropping one fragments to be fair... the person who change it never tought any seconds this absursity
    Yeah, the fought scripters by making it random resources, etc etc.
    Then the Tmap 'improvements'

Can't wait to see what they do with IDOCs lol
    And I bet the narrative how great and flawless it will be is already spelled out for the mods to apply xD
  • the grind setting in with t-maps already?   Take more maps with you and dig 2-3 or so up before you remove trap on the first one.  ez

Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
    never tough about it ... ty covenantX
    edited December 2019
    CovenantX said:
    the grind setting in with t-maps already?   Take more maps with you and dig 2-3 or so up before you remove trap on the first one.  ez

Many of us are using this work around.  I’m sure more and more will convert....

So if we are all using a work around to avoid a mechanic, wouldn’t it just be a good quality of life improvement to just remove the mechanic and let players just do the maps without the extra guardians?  Maybe not completely, but with GM remove trap you should have some benefit from the skill.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    Merus said:
    CovenantX said:
    the grind setting in with t-maps already?   Take more maps with you and dig 2-3 or so up before you remove trap on the first one.  ez

So if we are all using a work around to avoid a mechanic, wouldn’t it just be a good quality of life improvement to just remove the mechanic and let players just do the maps without the extra guardians?  Maybe not completely, but with GM remove trap you should have some benefit from the skill.

GM remove trap reduces the amount of time you need to wait if you want to avoid the extra guardians or want to avoid the trap randomly getting triggered.
    TimSt said:
    Merus said:
    CovenantX said:

GM remove trap reduces the amount of time you need to wait if you want to avoid the extra guardians or want to avoid the trap randomly getting triggered.
    And if I’m doing multiple maps at GM remove trap to wait out the timer I still have after defeating the spawn guardians then having remove trap is pretty pointless... 
  • MissEMissE Posts: 776
    Don't care about the guardians, care more about the total lack of loot on Hoard and Trove chests.   In what game ever was the harder, more complex activity rewarded with less loot that the easy ones?  NONE.... accept UO.

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum
  • JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 578
    edited December 2019
    MissE said:
    Don't care about the guardians, care more about the total lack of loot on Hoard and Trove chests.   In what game ever was the harder, more complex activity rewarded with less loot that the easy ones?  NONE.... accept UO.
    If only a developer listened to us... we've been screeming there is no loot since it was on TC... but moderators made sure half the feedback was deleted or moved where it isn't seen... thanks mods! I bet they don't even do t-maps more often than once a month tops.
  • On the topside it leaves me with more free time to spent on the forums :)
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,942Moderator
    JollyJade said:
     I bet they don't even do t-maps more often than once a month tops.

Don't put money on that, you would lose it.
    Some decisions remind me of the old greedy Dungeon Masters I used to play under, they would not dare reward players with items that might ruin "their campaign".

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
    Mariah said:
    JollyJade said:
     I bet they don't even do t-maps more often than once a month tops.

Don't put money on that, you would lose it.
    Well something is definitely off out of sync between the developers and the reality in-game.

This is the second time there has been a significant downgrade in treasure map loot and the answer from the devs is "no it wasn't".  For those of us who do maps... lots of maps... dozens of maps a week... it is extremely obvious that the overall loot quality is significantly lower, but we routinely get ignored or placated with answers that are clearly wrong.

When the weather man says its sunny outside but when the people go outside and all they see is overcast sky who is wrong?  The weather man can look at his weather models and graphs and charts all day long... it still doesn't change the reality that the sun isn't shining.

Hey I would be happy with a 40% chance of good loot today, as long as there was plenty of notice.

• Hey I would be happy with a 40% chance of good loot today, as long as there was plenty of notice.

LOL.

Well I think part of the disconnect is perhaps a lack of actual playing by the Devs.  Sure, the chests are dropping legendaries faster than they used to.  The other loot vanished tho except for specific chests...

And contrary to popular belief by the devs (or so it seems) Legendary tags do not make the item.  I've seen, before I quit em, many legendaries that would be great for a necro tamer swordsman, or some other such ridiculosity. 

But the odds of that actual "OMG!!!!!!!  Look at this!!!!!" item dropping, that have good mods for any sensible template,  seem to be even decreased from what it was.
    Hey I would be happy with a 40% chance of good loot today, as long as there was plenty of notice.

LOL.

Well I think part of the disconnect is perhaps a lack of actual playing by the Devs.  Sure, the chests are dropping legendaries faster than they used to.  The other loot vanished tho except for specific chests...

And contrary to popular belief by the devs (or so it seems) Legendary tags do not make the item.  I've seen, before I quit em, many legendaries that would be great for a necro tamer swordsman, or some other such ridiculosity. 

But the odds of that actual "OMG!!!!!!!  Look at this!!!!!" item dropping, that have good mods for any sensible template,  seem to be even decreased from what it was.
    Yeah ... a legendary with no resists and 6 other mods at the lowest intensity doesn’t make the loot good just because it said legendary.  They might have made “legendary” a little (very little) more common, but the budget for most of them seems pitiful.
  • Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915
    edited December 2019
    +1
    the problem in the main post is not about the loot because now you can get many sots ans pinks and blue scrolls the problem is damn removing trap guardian with 100 removing trap skill popping and popping and popping and popping and popping and popping and popping did i say they popping a lot?
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    edited December 2019
    Fortis said:
    the problem in the main post is not about the loot because now you can get many sots ans pinks and blue scrolls the problem is damn removing trap guardian with 100 removing trap skill popping and popping and popping and popping and popping and popping and popping did i say they popping a lot?
    Each type of Map has a "timer", to my understanding.

If you wait the associated time with that type of Map depending on your removing trap skill level, a lot less (or even none) Guardians should spawn....

Sure, it is kind of a waste of time to sit there waiting that timer to expire but if the Guardians bother you so much then at least it is a way not to be bothered by them....

I cannot remember what the timers for each type of Maps are at 100.0 Remove Trap, though....

Does anyone else remember them ?

EDIT:
    Check it out here http://www.uoguide.com/Treasure_Map

The annoying part is, that on Trove, Hoard and Cache the waiting time is significant.... 9 minutes on the Trove Maps to sit there and wait, doing nothing, 7 minutes for the Hoard Maps and 3 Minutes for the Cache Maps....

What is the "Decay" time on Treasure Chests ?

If one has to wait 9 long minutes on a Trove Map to avoid getting more Guardians to Spawn, ain't it that while doing that waiting the Chest would decay and go "poof" ?

100 Remove Trap: At 100 RT, using the skill starts a timer, similar to a Taming attempt. When the timer expires you will either succeed and the chest can be opened, or fail suffering unavoidable damage, and spawn an Ancient Guardian. After killing the AG, you can again attempt RT on the chest. This process can repeat multiple times depending on RNG and how quickly you have dispatched the Guardians and Ancient Guardians.

At 100 Remove Trap all chests have a "Safety Valve" where past that point no additional Ancient Guardians will spawn. The "Safety Valve" is a specific amount of time that must pass from when the chest was initially dug up and the first group of Guardians appeared.

Interestingly, if you kill off the initial Guardians, you can wait until the "Safety Valve" time has passed before attempting Remove Trap. By using this tactic, Remove Trap will succeed on the first attempt and no Ancient Guardian will spawn. Conversely, an Ancient Guardian will always spawn if your first Remove Trap attempt completes before the "Safety Valve" time.

100 Remove Trap
    Chest Time (s)
    Stash   20
    Supply         60
    Cache 180
    Hoard 420
    Trove   540 
  • Kirthag said:
    *shudders*

I dread the IDOC changes... really.... 
    Scripters need to be dealt with, but changing IDOC is just gonna tick off half the legit players and make the other half rage-quit while the scripters take a few days to do a work-around if they don't figure it out on TC.

not to derail the post here but what are these idoc changes? can you start another post with information on this? as a non scripter I am really curious quite honestly I dont know of a way to truly stop the scripters from getting the loot but i can think of ways to slow them down for example when a house falls its 15 minutes to 2 hours before you can place, do the same with the loot
    make it 15 minutes to an hour before you can grab it
  • DasilvaDasilva Posts: 98
    edited December 2019
    oh and BTW on topic I like the guardians they make treasure mapping partially challenging, please dont remove them chests are easy enough already.
    if you dont want ot fight them dig up the chest, go do something else for 5 minutes (set a timer) come back and RT the chest it will untrap after a couple of attempts thats ridiculously easy