You cannot see this

MissEMissE Posts: 776
Ok don't know has happened in the last patch or so but when fighting anywhere that has forest/jungle landscapes trying to cast any summons is becoming near impossible to find a spot on the ground that  you can 'see' to target.

Even when targeting on the ground right next to your feet that appears clear it says 'you cannot see this'. 

Seriously it is becoming tiresome.  I thought it was just me but having mentioned it while trying to cast an RC to take on Krampus or other summons, ev's etc at shrine battles it appears others in the group are experiencing the exact same thing. 

It can take upwards of ten attempts to find a spot to lay down a summons. 

@bleak @kyronix can you look into this.

Easy to test just go to a forest or jungle and cast a summons.

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum

Comments

• MerusMerus Posts: 656
    MissE said:
    Ok don't know has happened in the last patch or so but when fighting anywhere that has forest/jungle landscapes trying to cast any summons is becoming near impossible to find a spot on the ground that  you can 'see' to target.

Even when targeting on the ground right next to your feet that appears clear it says 'you cannot see this'. 

Seriously it is becoming tiresome.  I thought it was just me but having mentioned it while trying to cast an RC to take on Krampus or other summons, ev's etc at shrine battles it appears others in the group are experiencing the exact same thing. 

It can take upwards of ten attempts to find a spot to lay down a summons. 

@ bleak @ kyronix can you look into this.

Easy to test just go to a forest or jungle and cast a summons.
    This has been around a while... there is something messed up with line of sight and the z axis.  It is super easy to reproduce if you take two characters and stand on different levels of a staircase.

I think it could also be responsible for the targeting issues addressed in this thread: https://forum.uo.com/discussion/5155/classic-client-targeting-system#latest
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,110Dev
    This is an issue that is core to the targeting system validations as it relates to z-axis and how the terrain is in the Lost Lands.  Unfortunately there's no silver lining fix that doesn't expose us a myriad of other potential risks.  We are aware of it, and are actively looking at solutions that minimize said risk.  Thanks for the report.
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656
    Kyronix said:
    This is an issue that is core to the targeting system validations as it relates to z-axis and how the terrain is in the Lost Lands.  Unfortunately there's no silver lining fix that doesn't expose us a myriad of other potential risks.  We are aware of it, and are actively looking at solutions that minimize said risk.  Thanks for the report.
    Just as a point of reference... it hasn't always been this way.  I obviously don't have access to all the behind the scenes information... but the lost lands came out in 1998... and I don't remember ever encountering this specific z axis issue until about the time of the pet revamp two years ago.  The changes from that publish might be a place to start looking??
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    It's also a problem trying to cure/heal yourself standing certain places.
  • MissEMissE Posts: 776
    Well I have only noticed it this year since doing this years Krampus and shrine battles, most of which are in the 'field' not dungeons etc.  I did Krampus last year in same locations and same everything and never had this issue. 

I am not talking about about the odd line of sight issue, I am talking about having to target the ground 10-20 times to actually get any summons up.  Casting on 'clear' ground within trees  etc.  At first I thought it was a circle of trans issue with foliage off/on but have tired it every way now and it makes no difference.  How is anyone supposed to play if every time you try to summon anything you constantly cannot cast.   If you are in a grassy field with bugger all around you are fine but the second you get into the forests it is impossible to play.  

It was never like this in all the years I have been playing.  (over 16)  This is something new to the last year or less. I only noticed it in the last month as being this bad. 

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum