Is Pvp balancing ever going to get any focus from the Devs? Or are they waiting for us all to quit?

Current Problems with UO PvP:
#1 People have to many HIt Points now. If I turtle, no 1 person can ever kill me. (Ask anyone that has ever fought me. This makes Dueling stupid. How about a much lower cap on HP Increase...like 5 or 10 or maybe every 3 points of strength gives 1 HP instead of 2.

#2 Evasion on a mage? I mean everyone has told you guys these hybird templates need a good looking into. That's all I am saying about this one.

#3 Archery needs something to make it playable again. The best archers can't even kill anyone alone. (Ain't that right Hunter? :P) This is because uo now forces everyone to have parry to deal with Splinter. And Archery can't keep up with the splinter weapons.

#4 Splintering Is OMG OP. Unlimited force walks anyone? Plus a Bleed to boot.

#5 Shatters destroys to many pots. Multiple people can hit 1 person...its an issue.

#6 VVV Sucks! Old factions was so much better for so many reasons.

#7 Non VVV Players are not allowed to fight now. Why? Because they go orange healing or attacking 95% of the Uo population. What you are saying is people can no longer play Solo. Because 6-12 people will just gank every time you try to fight 1 or 2 guys. Its so dumb.Do people really need to go orange if attacking or healing? The answer is no..it was better before with old factions.

Okay, I have a ton more but I feel like these are a great start. Most of them are good points I feel.

Comments

• PaithanPaithan Posts: 120
    #1-  I think anyone that turtles should be able to live (especially if you add in running away).
    #2 evasion on EVERYONE.  what do you mean on a mage?  when you say that you lost me.
    #3 archery still serves its purpose.  Although running shots taking mana was the dumbest thing ever.
    #4. Yes.
    #5Shatters were created by a non pvper.
    #6 Incorrect.  you should not be able to jump in other peoples fights and ONLY flag one person.  As a matter of fact there is an issue with that.  If a blue attacks an orange and dies he can come back and keep only one person flagged and then interfere with fights as you think they should be able to.  
  • On that last point of Non VVV players, Im fine with people going orange but normal flagging rules should apply still.  Example, If im on a char that's blue normally but orange to VVV players and they flag me I should be able to count them if I die still.  I believe the problem relates to the inability to count people not so much the turning orange.   In pvp going red needs to be encouraged to keep balance in the game, not staying blue forever just cause your in VVV.  This is a big issue cause everyone wants the town bonus and it shouldn't be a free gift to people who zerg with oranges.
  • AniAni Posts: 23
    edited December 2019
    Bring old factions back, should have never been changed.  Problem solved. 

I really don't know why they made PvP so much more trammel friendly like with the newer trained pets and 4/6 chivers.  These type of temps should be used for PvM.

Agreed, mages should not be forced to have parry or play temps everyone else is playing just to compete. 

What happened to skilled based players?  We should be able to choose any template so long as the balance is similar or equal all around.  Some of us like to be creative.

Agreed partially about evasion, certain temps should not be allowed to have it or decrease the percentage. 

And reds... just practically left out.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    Ani said:
    Bring old factions back, should have never been changed.  Problem solved. 

Do you really not remember all the months and even years of posts that said 'Factions is broke, fix it!'.   I do.  I also remember the devs admitting that it was so broken it couldn't be fixed. The ONLY solution was to scrap it and start over. I respectfully suggest you remove your rose tinted, hindsight, glasses and contribute positively to helping make VvV more relevant instead.
  • TailTail Posts: 70
    Petra_Fyde couldn't be more wrong. VVV is Bad, Way worse than old factions. At least then Both Solo and Team players could play the game. Who cares if 1 guy flags you while you are team fighting .  . . there is always Tram if it bothers you that much.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    I'm not giving you opinions, I've giving you facts.  Countless threads and posts about factions being broken is a fact. 
    Factions too broken to fix is a fact.
    You can't go backward, so brainstorm a way to go forward. What would you change in VvV to make it more relevant?
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    Tail said:
    Petra_Fyde couldn't be more wrong. VVV is Bad, Way worse than old factions. At least then Both Solo and Team players could play the game.

No offense but Petra is right. The current VvV is so much better gameplay than the last years of factions was. It's not perfect but even with untapped potential it's already superior.

Every faction base was a giant choke fight. Chokes get stale quick. Every sigil reset meant hours of babysitting. Most of us don't have time for that anymore. People kept joining and piggybacking the same faction to keep from fighting. 20min stat.

Not only can every player do VvV but it was made to accommodate every schedule which is something the players spoke about. If I work nights I can participate in the morning. If I work days, it's going at nights. If I'm off, I can do it all day if I want. Stat is short. Towns give a well rounded mix of fighting terrain.

The only thing that made factions better was horses that never disappeared and a title system.  

In the end it doesn't even matter. Unless they stick everything at yew gate only a few will even do it . I've done hundreds and hundreds of towns being the only one there.

• TastyTreatsTastyTreats Posts: 65
    edited December 2019

I'm not giving you opinions, I've giving you facts.  Countless threads and posts about factions being broken is a fact. 
    Factions too broken to fix is a fact.
    You can't go backward, so brainstorm a way to go forward. What would you change in VvV to make it more relevant?

You are not really giving facts because that same argument goes both ways. There have been countless threads and posts about VvV being broken and worthless even before it was implemented into the game.
    Factions were not to broken to fix the dev's just didn't want to bother instead made their own system which aside from everyone being orange was a massive flop and thats a fact.
    The only about thing VvV is it's the current dev's team design so they might tweak it a bit to improve it which is highly unlikely but possible I guess.

The first step to fixing VvV would be to delete all VvV items (horses / potions / armor / points) and start over with players starting out with 0 points instead of 2000. And equipment being free the only draw to doing towns is the consumables but when it's quicker to make a new character join VvV grab 4 kegs of potions then it is to even claim 1 altar for 100 silver that is a problem. Armor is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things and costing no silver would have no negative impact on VvV gameplay and still allow players to join and start participating right away as if they still had the 2000 starting silver.

Also I would consider removing the name Vice Vs Virtue because it doesn't even make any sense with every guild being their own independent faction there is no vice or virtue associated with the system at all might as well just call it factions 2.0 and do people really need a [VvV] tag when they are already orange? I don't think so.

And also why are there VvV vendors in trammel towns but no town buff in felucca cities?
  • NonelNonel Posts: 26
    Factions were never broken. There was a loud minority of board warriors crying about factions and trying to get some shitty ideas passed. A couple Atlantic factioners come to mind. A LOT of us (on GL, anyway) actively played factions and loved it 'til the end. Some smart changes needed to be made, for certain; but, these changes were possible.

A dev spent a lot of time designing and building new bases for us and those bases were completely ridiculed by the experienced faction players. They were horribly impractical and poorly placed. This left the team butthurt toward the idea of investing any more time in factions.

Unfortunately, factions are gone and they are never coming back. Forget about them. An unpolished VvV was pushed out and hasn't been touched since. A LOT has to be done to make it a decent system. Most of the changes being requested would only scratch the surface. Hopefully that'll happen, some day.

Also, I have to agree with TastyTreats. I always hated the name "Vice vs. Virtue". Never did make sense, from a couple different standpoints.
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    Factions was moderate when every guild had 30+. In the end it was nothing but afk silver farmers, points farmers, and blue trolls doing pop shots to put people in stat. 

Sig reset fights were crap. Faction guards were crap. Base choke fights were crap. The timers were crap. VvV was made because as the saying goes, you can't polish crap. 

The name vice vs virtue I'm sure was a spin on the old chaos and order. I don't care about the name really but I'm kind of puzzled there isn't a side and it means nothing. 
  • ezikelezikel Posts: 90
    edited December 2019
    #7 all flagging system is stupid.blue or red player systeme is ok.but always think a random blue attacking a blue vvv should have a consequency.,guard can be called on you and get count.
    because right now 2 vvv guild can fight and guards zone and you always ave random blue jumping on someone without any problem
  • ezikelezikel Posts: 90
    Tail said:
    #1 People have to many HIt Points now. If I turtle, no 1 person can ever kill me. (Ask anyone that has ever fought me. This makes Dueling stupid. How about a much lower cap on HP Increase...like 5 or 10 or maybe every 3 points of strength gives 1 HP instead of 2.

#2 Evasion on a mage? I mean everyone has told you guys these hybird templates need a good looking into. That's all I am saying about this one.

#3 Archery needs something to make it playable again. The best archers can't even kill anyone alone. (Ain't that right Hunter? :P) This is because uo now forces everyone to have parry to deal with Splinter. And Archery can't keep up with the splinter weapons.

#5 Shatters destroys to many pots. Multiple people can hit 1 person...its an issue.

#7 Non VVV Players are not allowed to fight now. Why? Because they go orange healing or attacking 95% of the Uo population. What you are saying is people can no longer play Solo. Because 6-12 people will just gank every time you try to fight 1 or 2 guys. Its so dumb.Do people really need to go orange if attacking or healing? The answer is no..it was better before with old factions.

Okay, I have a ton more but I feel like these are a great start. Most of them are good points I feel.
    #1 everything its ok right now
    #2 evasion need to be fix on all temp, but in same time the game need a better balance between high damage versu high defence you should not be able to ave both
    #3 true archer 1 vs 1 dexxer or mage with parry can do nothing.vs a dexxer you going to be splinter ,disarm ai ai death,vs a bok mage its worst .you get hit by a wooden weapons that max swing ,paralyze you and hit hard that any weapons.plus he can exlpo fs in same time.and you on your archer if you lucky your going to hit him one time on 5 6 shot.only place archer can be use full its in group fight
    #4 something need to be done,double with focus should not be in game and its need a better timer between the hit
    #5 shatter need to be deleted or heavy nerfed
    #6 vvv not bad just need more thing to fight for .old faction was fun but at the end no one really fight for town or base its was dying
  • hunter11hunter11 Posts: 223
    Tail said:

Nice of you to mention me in this post however you only fight me on a wrestling character and disarm spam me which i have no defense to