Do Krampus Accredited Trades clear out each and every time that Krampus spawns ?

poppspopps Posts: 3,945
edited December 2019 in General Discussions
At the UO Wiki page https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/seasonal-events/the-krampus-encounter/ it is mentioned : 

Accredited traders, with at least 3 trade runs between Krampus’s appearance will receive a reward for defeating him, those with less journeys will have a reduced chance of receiving such. Moongate shortcuts are frowned upon and do not contribute to the summoning of Krampus.
Does that status of being an accredited Trader (for 3 or more trade runs) remain as permanent once obtained or does it clear out with each and every Krampus that spawns thus having the character have to start anew with each Krampus spawn in order to get to that status once again for a better chance at a Reward ?

It is not clear to me from reading the UO Wiki page.

@Mariah , could you please kindly clarify that ?

Thanks.

Also, in regards to the chance to have one of the 3 Whips' Recipes, since they have been added to the previous Year's Rewards, does this make it harder to get a Whip's Recipe to spawn or have the "new" Rewards been coded to have a "higher" chance to spawn as compared to the previous Year's "older" Rewards ?

Bottom line is, "how hard" is to get a Whip's Recipe from Krampus ?

The reason that I am asking, is that each and every Krampus spawn and fight is VERY time consuming, especially on low Population Shards where only a few players can do the Trade Runs to trigger Krampus' spawn so, it takes a LOT of gaming time to spawn and kill 1 Krampus.....

And, I have participated to 5 and seen no Recipe so far, only 3 titles and one Bag (nothing for 1 kill as I joined too late...).

And this was over a few days of playing this particular content....

If the Whips' Recipes are that hard to get, I wonder how can Crafters' get to collect all 3 of them to get going with their business....

What is the actual chance to get a Whip's Recipe to drop ?

Thanks.

Lastly, I keep hearing from fellow players that many of them, rather that getting a new Trade Order from the Town where they get to with their current Trade Order, they most always recall back to Britain and always get one from Britain as their starting Location.

This, in Order to "cut down" on their walking and sailing times being Britain moreless positioned in the Middle of Sosaria.

Is there a difference or a penalty in getting Credit towards being more eligible for a Rewards from Krampus ?

The reason for asking this, is that, at least to my opinion, it SHOULD BE.

Otherwise, it would be unfair and unbalanced towards those players who, instead, rather then always recalling back to Britain to get a new Trade Order, get it from the Town where they delivered their current Trade Order and, consequentially, often have to take longer runs or sailing in order to Deliver them.

What I am trying to say, is that the chance at getting a Reward drop from Krampus should reflect this, whereas, players who actually cover ALL Towns as their Trade Order starting Locations (and consequentially have to invest more time for their running and sailing), should have a HIGHER chance at getting a Reward as compared to those players who, instead, always recall back to the same Town (Britain ?) to generate their next Trade Order....

@Bleak , @Kyronix could you please let us know how it works and, if necessary, make the related adjustments to the Rewards drop chances to benefit more those characters who cover MORE Towns as their Trade Orders starting Locations as compared to those characters who most always generate their Trade Order from the same Town (Britain ?).

It is a matter of fairness and balancing, to my opinion.

Thanks.

Comments

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,978Moderator
    The wiki says 'between Krampus appearances'.  Yes, you must start anew once he has appeared. I am unable to answer the rest of you questions.
  • FaerylFaeryl Posts: 273
    edited December 2019
    ...do you ever make an attempt to find answers to things yourself? As good as she is, Mariah isn't an encyclopedia.

Also, from the publish notes: 
    • Based on player feedback new Krampus rewards are weighted as a higher chance than old Krampus rewards
  • ChrilleChrille Posts: 209
    Its so much better this year, since you get a drop every time.

Last year when you got the empty coin purse then you could be a bit upset.

Complaining about drop rates after measly 5 runs is a bit ridiculously.

You can always decline runs if you think they are to long.

The weighting of new versus old rewards have been working great so far but it lower my chances of getting the second silver branch appearance.
  • MargeMarge Posts: 720
    "make the related adjustments to the Rewards drop chances to benefit more those characters who cover MORE Towns as their Trade Orders starting Locations as compared to those characters who most always generate their Trade Order from the same Town (Britain ?)."

Krampus was also set up to encourage trade routes to help fill the city coffers. If you use a town buff daily, it is a good thing to start each run from that city so that city can get the money. Your idea would punish the poor Britain citizens that are doing exactly what part of the encounter was designed for.
    Also, since you are on  a low population shard - starting from a central city would speed up the spawning of krampus a bit.

• KhyroKhyro Posts: 228
    • If you do 3 trade orders and do not get credit on Krampus, you do not need to do another 3 trade orders in order to guarantee a drop. The credit does not reset until you kill and get credit on Krampus. I believe this was confirmed by Kyronix last year, but in our testing both last year and this year, this has proven to be true.

• Everyone that does 3 trade orders and gets credit on Krampus will get a reward. It makes no sense to give a "higher chance" to those that happened to cover more towns with the RNG of trade orders, as you only need to do 3. Similarly, penalizing those that start from the same city makes no sense, as there is not a limited number of rewards Krampus gives you. Get your trade orders done and get your credit. The system is actually excellent in preventing griefing of Krampus (such as people gating in when he spawns to try and steal the kill).

• If it is taking you forever to spawn Krampus on low pop shards, you may want to re-think your trade order strategy and do what others are doing, and pick a starting town that is centrally located. You will have less running time to deliver it, and you will get more familiar with the merchants and know where to buy items.

• The weighted items only apply to the Krampus Coin Purse (i.e. The rolls that determine whether you get a title, recipe, or coin purse have not changed; however if you get a coin purse, you have a higher chance to get the newer trinkets within it). This was confirmed by Kyronix on the forums.

• The coin purse seems to have a higher drop chance than the other items (not confirmed anywhere, just based on experience). Whip recipes are also contending with 3 titles, 2 minion armor recipes, and the coin purse.
    https://www.uo-cah.com
    Home of the Pet Intensity Calculator, Pet Planner, Trainable Animal Bestiary, and other Tools, Guides, and Information. 

• poppspopps Posts: 3,945
    edited December 2019
    Khyro said:
    • If you do 3 trade orders and do not get credit on Krampus, you do not need to do another 3 trade orders in order to guarantee a drop. The credit does not reset until you kill and get credit on Krampus. I believe this was confirmed by Kyronix last year, but in our testing both last year and this year, this has proven to be true.

• Everyone that does 3 trade orders and gets credit on Krampus will get a reward. It makes no sense to give a "higher chance" to those that happened to cover more towns with the RNG of trade orders, as you only need to do 3. Similarly, penalizing those that start from the same city makes no sense, as there is not a limited number of rewards Krampus gives you. Get your trade orders done and get your credit. The system is actually excellent in preventing griefing of Krampus (such as people gating in when he spawns to try and steal the kill).

• If it is taking you forever to spawn Krampus on low pop shards, you may want to re-think your trade order strategy and do what others are doing, and pick a starting town that is centrally located. You will have less running time to deliver it, and you will get more familiar with the merchants and know where to buy items.

• The weighted items only apply to the Krampus Coin Purse (i.e. The rolls that determine whether you get a title, recipe, or coin purse have not changed; however if you get a coin purse, you have a higher chance to get the newer trinkets within it). This was confirmed by Kyronix on the forums.

• The coin purse seems to have a higher drop chance than the other items (not confirmed anywhere, just based on experience). Whip recipes are also contending with 3 titles, 2 minion armor recipes, and the coin purse.
    @Khyro ;

Thank you very much for the detailed and very informative reply.

Whip recipes are also contending with 3 titles, 2 minion armor recipes, and the coin purse.
    If so, how then can one explain the fact that, so far, I received 6 various titles and 3 coin purses (aside other things) but 0 Recipes at all ?

None of the whips and neither of the older Recipes.

No Recipes at all, period.

There must be an explaination other then blaming the RNG.... 

Is there a way to increase one's own chances at getting the recipes which is what I am looking for (old and new) ?

I do am wearing some 1,900+ Luck but apparently, it helps nothing....
  • KhyroKhyro Posts: 228
    @ Khyro 

Thank you very much for the detailed and very informative reply.

Whip recipes are also contending with 3 titles, 2 minion armor recipes, and the coin purse.
    If so, how then can one explain the fact that, so far, I received 6 various titles and 3 coin purses (aside other things) but 0 Recipes at all ?

None of the whips and neither of the older Recipes.

No Recipes at all, period.

There must be an explaination other then blaming the RNG.... 

Is there a way to increase one's own chances at getting the recipes which is what I am looking for (old and new) ?

I do am wearing some 1,900+ Luck but apparently, it helps nothing....

Unfortunately the answer is just RNG.

We also don't know the weights assigned to each potential drop. For example, there are 9 base drop types (Coin Purse, 3x Titles, 3x Whip Recipes, 2x Minion Armor Recipes), but that doesn't necessarily mean each one has an 11% chance to drop individually.

I know in our actual Krampus kills, it seems we get the Coin Purse more often than any other drop, so I would assume that is weighted higher than the other drops. The whip recipes also seem to be the least common drop out of our kills, so we can assume they are weighted as lower/rarer drops.

If all things were equal, you would expect to see a whip recipe every third kill, statistically speaking, But since we don't know the actual reward item weighting, it's impossible to say how often you should see whip recipes drop.
    https://www.uo-cah.com
    Home of the Pet Intensity Calculator, Pet Planner, Trainable Animal Bestiary, and other Tools, Guides, and Information. 

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,074
    edited December 2019
    You will probably not get all 3 whip recipes . I would consider myself lucky to get one or two. We did Krampus last year constantly I was running 3 toons, one at a time, doing 3 trade routes so if a krampus popped, I would have a qualifier. I did not get all the items last year.

Maybe this will go again next year. I would love to get the whip recipes but I may not get any and I play a lot more than you do. Popps.

I actually know how to make a good weapon from them.  I'm already hoping I can buy 100% ele whips for 1M each on Atlantic since I won't get the recipes.

Get over it.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    Once you build up enough trades for  Krampus , you can pick the one you want to participate in. I used to skip over several on Siege last year and had no problems joining in whenever I felt like it.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.