Can we PLEASE get Fishmongers' Quests Order of the Dragonfish Handbooks to give CLEANUP points ?

Last September, @Mariahhttps://forum.uo.com/discussion/comment/32932/#Comment_32932 ) in that Thread indicated that, unfortunately, due to an Exploit, it was stopped for Order of the Dragonfish Handbooks to give Points towards CLEANUP BRITANNIA Rewards.

It is unclear to me, when did that happen as it was not mentioned.

Regardless, though, the issue entirely remains.

Fishmonger Quests, are quite time intensive since, in between the fishing required, not only for Shore, Deep Water and Dungeon Fish but also for Crabs and Lobsters, as well as for the Sailing time necessary to go back and forth the various Fishmongers' Towns, it currently IS a curse to receive an Order of the Dragonfish Handbook which uses up a player's time invested all for nothing, as a Reward.....

Can we therefore, PLEASE, @Kyronix , @Bleak , get whatever this Exploit was, be fixed and, once again, see these Books to be able to give points, of course scaled according to their rarity, with rarer Handbooks awarding more points (and please, when deciding about how many points to award per Handbook being turned in, consider the Fishing Order complexity and time investment in order to get all of the requested Fish, Crabs and Lobsters to then get that given Handbook.... some of the rarer Handbooks require a 5 or 6 Liner Fishing Order involving hard to get 20 count Dungeon Fish as well as multiple Crabs and Lonsters....).

Thank you VERY much, appreciated.

It REALLY is very much annoying, to spend time to fill up a Fishmonger complex and time consuming Order to then get an Order of the Dragonfish Handbook which is good for NOTHING, not even to be turned in for Points with the CLEANUP of BRITANNIA.....

Comments

• Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    Personally I would prefer that they were removed from the potential drops once the fisherman progressed beyond 2 line orders.
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,797
    edited December 2019
    Agreed with Petra, they should be the first reward a fisherman gets.  give them all the first time then never again.  
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    Agreed with Petra, they should be the first reward a fisherman gets.  give them all the first time then never again.  
    Agreed, why it wasn't coded the way the Trade Quest books were is, well, nvm.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Personally I would prefer that they were removed from the potential drops once the fisherman progressed beyond 2 line orders.
    I need to disagree.

And for a reason.

Removing them as a potential drop would, consequentially, make the other drops more common.

Including Fishing Powerscrolls and this, would reduce their worth.

Now, why is it a good thing that Fishing Powerscrolls, especially the 115 and 120s hold a high value ?

Because they are, in the entire Ultima Online, one of the few items to hold a high value which do not necessarily require fighting....

That is, players who do not like much fighting, as of now, can invest their time into a non-fighting activity to obtain items which they can then sell to purchase "other" items which they need which require fighting....

For example, Crafting Recipes many of which, including the most recent Recipes to Craft Whips from Krampus, mandatorily require Crafters, a non-combat profession, to have to purchase them from combat characters....

Thanking to Fishing Powerscrolls, is my point, non-combat character have at least 1 source of good income from a non-combat activity which they can then use to purchase items that require combat and are needed for their non-combat Profession....
  • MargeMarge Posts: 720
    It's not that powerscrolls are necessarily that rare of a drop - it's just that no one wants to fish for crabs.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    edited December 2019
    @popps you and I will always disagree, because I don't really care whether items 'hold their value'  I do not play to increase my bank balance, I play to have fun.  I barter or give away more often than I sell, I get enough from fighting monsters to pay for my needs,and what I can't afford, or don't get for myself I play without. Uber gear is NOT a pre-requisite for playing in a way that is fun. 

To use your example - if a combat character wants to have a whip, then he will help the crafter to obtain the recipe to make it.

Also, I remember them being removed from clean up, they weren't the only type of books removed. I know what people were doing and why they were removed, and before you ask, no, I wasn't doing it. It never occurred to me to do such a thing.  I was told after the fix had gone in by a friend in ICQ.
    Marge said:
    It's not that powerscrolls are necessarily that rare of a drop - it's just that no one wants to fish for crabs.
    Crabs and Lobsters fishing was one of the most brilliant Design in Ultima Online, to my opinion....

Why ?

Because, the way it has been Designed, it is not possible to be scripted or, extremely difficult to be scripted correctly....

So, it is one of the very few tasks in Ultima Online that actually requires manual work to get done.

And that is a very good thing, to my opinion.
    @ popps you and I will always disagree, because I don't really care whether items 'hold their value'  I do not play to increase my bank balance, I play to have fun.  I barter or give away more often than I sell, I get enough from fighting monsters to pay for my needs,and what I can't afford, or don't get for myself I play without. Uber gear is NOT a pre-requisite for playing in a way that is fun. 

To use your example - if a combat character wants to have a whip, then he will help the crafter to obtain the recipe to make it.

Also, I remember them being removed from clean up, they weren't the only type of books removed. I know what people were doing and why they were removed, and before you ask, no, I wasn't doing it. It never occurred to me to do such a thing.  I was told after the fix had gone in by a friend in ICQ.
    I have no clue what the exploit was BUT, if it was players copying books and turning them in for points, try it now, Order of the Dragonfish Handbooks can no longer be copied....

An error message comes up.

So, I need to imagine, if "this" was the Exploit, it was fixed.

Therefore, unless the Exploit was another, there is no longer a point not to have these Order of the Dragonfish Handbooks be once again permitted to be turned in for Points for the Clean Up Britannia.

Yet, they keep having no Turn-in value for Clean Up Britannia.

Could this be fixed, please ?

• CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    I also think they should change it to be coded like the traders quest ones...
    there should be no reason to get more than one copy on the same character.