Jolly Roger - Origin Release - SPOILERS INSIDE

Comments

• Pawain said:
    If you are not getting a captain  when you plant a fragment, that may be a bug to describe here.
    I posted that I had the same issue as @ZekeTerra ; and no one has really responded about it, until recent. You can't test if you can't get it going.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    I saw.  You did not provide much info: Second try we read the news then tried it in Brit and then the Compassion Shrine. Neither did anything. 

More info = better chance at a response.  I think they are off this week so that also may be why.

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Pawain said:
    If you are not getting a captain  when you plant a fragment, that may be a bug to describe here.
    I posted that I had the same issue as @ ZekeTerra  and no one has really responded about it, until recent. You can't test if you can't get it going.
    Did you complete the quest before planting fragments? My guess is that you can't start shrine battles unless you do the rest of the quest. There is a hint about your first destination in the town cryer article: North of Moonglow i.e. Dagger Island
    Yes, the Quest part and rewards are the added things. Those are the spoilers some may not want to see yet.
  • SirBolo said:
    Pawain said:
    I posted that I had the same issue as @ ZekeTerra  and no one has really responded about it, until recent. You can't test if you can't get it going.
    Did you complete the quest before planting fragments? My guess is that you can't start shrine battles unless you do the rest of the quest. There is a hint about your first destination in the town cryer article: North of Moonglow i.e. Dagger Island
    Thank you
  • Is it true you can only get one Tabard per char!!!????  It better not be that way or this will be the shortest event ever that people will not do.  @Kyronix
    edited November 2019
    You have up to 7 chars.  It follows the Titan invasion reward model.  But I don't think you have to wait until the end to get them.

Since they can be dyed it is only cosmetic as to which title it has.
  • Not all chars people have can fight at shrines, which is why its stupid.  People have crafters and pvp chars and stuff not made to do these type of fighting.   There is no reason why people shouldn't be able to get more then one on same char.
  • GraceGrace Posts: 148
    My pvmr's can't craft/reforge/imbue, or turn in bods to the tree either this season.

This is based on the Virtues!  I don't recall Greed and Coveting being one of them.

Earn the one or two you can get on your account and share them with your other
    chars. 

• It just benefits the greedy people who have 10+ accounts which is ridiculous!
  • MargeMarge Posts: 720
    "My pvmr's can't craft/reforge/imbue, or turn in bods to the tree either this season."

Put .1 of a crafting skill on the toon or use an ej account to do that and get the bods. At .1 skill the bods you get can be filled with stuff from the npc and turned into the elf. Also, a crafter can fill and a fighter can drop on tree.

As for the quest and shrine fights, if you like the hawkwind's robe better than the tabard; have gargoyle characters and don't care about perma titles, there really is no reason to do these fights or am I missing something?
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    Marge said:
    "
    , there really is no reason to do these fights or am I missing something?
    there are many of us who like to collect things and the tabards all have the color and name of the virtue on them. So even if you don't like the item, you could do it and sell for those that can't get multiples
  • MargeMarge Posts: 720
    But wouldn't I get stuck with a perma title if I did that? I love titles but  like to change them often. I don't want to get stuck with " The Valiant" (or one of the others) forever like the poor people with the "Eradicator of the Virulent Witch".
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    edited December 2019
    Marge said:
    But wouldn't I get stuck with a perma title if I did that? I love titles but  like to change them often. I don't want to get stuck with " The Valiant" (or one of the others) forever like the poor people with the "Eradicator of the Virulent Witch".
    I haven't tested this on Origin, because I don't have the mysterious fragments,. 

I read on the other forums, that you get the title when you placed the mysterious fragments on the shrines. I assumed when I read that, that you would be able to get all of the titles on one character. Maybe someone could enlighten us, if this is possible... to get all of the new titles on one character
  • VioletViolet Posts: 368
    edited December 2019
    The title you receive is that of the shrine which you have placed the most fragments.   

You are proving your devotion to a chosen virtue.
    edited December 2019
    Darn I was hoping to get all the titles.  That along with only one Tabard per toon is going to make me not use my main guys very much.

Or can you do a second set of 8 and get another title?
  • VioletViolet Posts: 368
    You can change your title by placing more fragments at a different shrine.

If you have the title "The Just" and dropped 20 fragments at Justice Shrine and want "The Humble" instead, then go place 21 fragments at Humility.

Tabard does not change once selected even if your title changes.
    Ok so I can help others but just do the most at the title I want to keep.  Cool.
    So a player needs to drop the fragment to get a title?  They cant just aid at the battle?
    Do neg Karma players get Anti-Virtue?
    Can fighting for that Virtue raise our level in it?
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656
    Pawain said:
    Ok so I can help others but just do the most at the title I want to keep.  Cool.
    So you seem to be advocating that 1 reward per character is ok but weren’t ok only a single title... that kind of cracks me up.

There is no reason to limit either one.  Let a single character get all 8 titles and all 8 tabards... or 12 tabards or 20 tabards...  who cares if I have the fragments and fight the captains.
  • Lieutenant_DanLieutenant_Dan Posts: 195
    edited December 2019
    Limiting it to just one per character will at least keep all the greedy players from power gaming 10k tabards each before the events over!  I hope they don't change a thing.

• Was this done on purpose!!??!?!?!?!  It wasn't like this on origin!?!?  @Kyronix ;

• KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,109Dev
    Was this done on purpose!!??!?!?!?!  It wasn't like this on origin!?!?  @ Kyronix 

Which shard is this?
  • Lake Superior, dont know about other shards yet
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,109Dev
    Lake Superior, dont know about other shards yet
    Resolved.
  • I saw!  LOL, that was me waiting for the time :D
    Our EM made one during and event and didn't remove it.  I was wondering if it would cause trouble.   Looks like the trees doubled.  Thanks for fixing.
  • @Kyronix just tried to put a Hawkwinds modified Tabard on my Gargoyle and he couldn't wear it.  Does the Gargoyle have to claim the tabard from the Ankh?