Are new colored pets ever going to be added?

Has this been addressed ever?  Been mostly absent the last couple years, were any more added?

I was really hoping they would put the old hellhound hues back in, since it was the only tamable that used to have a bunch of different colors that were reduced down to just one.  
Tagged:

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    There have been many new pets added.
    Look up pub 97. 
    Some old pets are worth a lot. Some of those color cats and hounds could possibly be worth a lot if they are lower slot than current spawning.

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • UvthaUvtha Posts: 19
    edited November 2019
    No, I know.  I mean new since then.  I'm surprised they introduced the concept, made only like 5 animals have different colors, and years later no more have been added, when it's such a simple thing to add that people would like.   
    I have one of the neon red hellhounds on a server I no longer play, but it's stats are all bugged.  0 in all resists and 100% physical damage, and can't be trained.  
  • psychopsycho Posts: 284
    I think adding one pet, just one pet that is as rare as the blaze cu-sidhe, but yet included in the bonus spawn of the chromatic fortune totem, still at a rare level would make the sales take of.

How about a golden Hiyu? Golden Windrunner?  Golden Eowmu?
    Or perhaps a void-version of one of those(?)

All rideable, trainable, must be tradeable= would be a success for many years ahead.
    but one criteria, it must be rare. Just look at the cu-side, still a success even though it was introduced a decade ago and still obtainable.

Alternatively, a non-ridable pet that is both rare and spawn as 1 follower,
    can be quite powerfull when it reaches 5follower, but yet not common as its rare spawnrate.

Or how about a pet with an impossible combo of special moves and magic abilities.
    the posibilities are endless.
    Id honestly just enjoy some even just uncommon variation, like different shades of bears or deer, but rare colors are always fun.  
    Such a simple addon seems like a missed opportunity .
  • BeccaBecca Posts: 16
    There are frost dragons that come in different colors and many drakes of different colors. 
    The Frost Dragons and Cold Drakes have 108 possible colors.

Of the current pets at the time, only Nightmares got new colors.

Would have been nice if a new pet spawned with Krampus this year.
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204

I think pet dyes would make more sense and make the store money. Maybe tokuno color versions in the store and cleanup versions as an extremely rare spawn.

• CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    edited November 2019
    Pawain said:

Would have been nice if a new pet spawned with Krampus this year.
    instead of red on the frost drake, I suggest 
    Hue 1916 (grand soulbinder color)
    would look awesome

too late for this year, but one could always hope for next year
    That would be easy to add also.  I don't have any room for new pets tho.
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    Pawain said:
    I don't have any room for new pets tho.
    Added accounts and mythic token solve that problem.
    Urge said:
    Pawain said:
    I don't have any room for new pets tho.
    Added accounts and mythic token solve that problem.
    I have 4 tamers with 40+ built pets each.
    Pawain said:

Of the current pets at the time, only Nightmares got new colors.
    There were a few more actually.  Giant Toads, Frost Spiders, and Snow Leopards I know for sure, though I may be forgetting a few.  Though most randomly only the giant toads got notable colors like rare plant pink and aqua, and a metallic hue green/pink.   The others two just had their normal color as well as a frosty white, similar to WWs.
    Gotta imagine putting in a new hue would take less than a day's work since rehues and spawn rates are obviously pretty common.  
    Yes correct.  I only use pets that can go to 5 slots.  The rest are deco to me.
  • I have some rabbits that are purple hued. I think it was for an event of some kind.