Can we please do away with "blocked" locations when recalling/gating?

This is ridiculous.  I see no valid reason for keeping this mechanism.  Please make it go away!!

Comments

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Where are you trying to get to?
  • Bilbo said:
    Where are you trying to get to?
    My home.  Creatures block the recall spots that I use.  Players; I don't think they do it on purpose, but sometimes people stand on my spots.  The banks sometimes.  Dungeons. etc.
  • TimTim Posts: 790
    This has been brought up before and if I remember correctly the response was along the line of original core programming that wasn't worth the risk trying to rewrite. 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    The core programming gives a message that you have been moved to a different spot sometimes.  Vendor recalling.  So, it is there.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    Definitely do it for recall spots in Tram.  I've had another player park a mirror image in the default recall spot for a house rune for my house and blocked me from recalling there. Luckily my house is a only a few screens from Britain and I have multiple recall spots to choose from.
  • Well, I'm pretty sure the devs can remove this.  It would be a great service to the players.

• NikardNikard Posts: 164
    Devs stated in the past that "the location check for recalling is some of the oldest code in the game" and for that reason, EXTREMELY unlikely they try to tackle fixing this particular issue. It  would most likely involve untangling 22 years of layered code, which would likely cause unforseen consequences.
  • Ezekiel_ZaneEzekiel_Zane Posts: 326
    edited November 2019
    Nikard said:
    It  would most likely involve untangling 22 years of layered code, 

That's what TC is for isn't it.  For what we pay they should have someone on exactly this kind of stuff.  Just because the game is 22 years old doesn't give them an excuse to continue to run it on 25 years old code.  Pay someone to get into it and "untangle" it.

Blocking and "your spirit lacks cohesion to travel" should be top on the list to fix.
  • The system is in the game already.
    If you copy a runebook to TC and recall to a place that current have a house on that spot, the system gives you a message that you were able to recall but moved for a specific reason, i will go to TC and get the specific message and post here.
  • DanDan Posts: 59
    I would personally be in favor of doing this if possible
  • SlissSliss Posts: 282
    When you have a bunch of players teleported out of the Roof/rooms onto the same spot outside, the system somehow manages to sort it out regardless of whether there is someone there or not. So the code is there.
  • like I said, the system is available, If you a transfer a runebook from 1 shard to another and when you recall to a place that have a House on the same spot, blocking your rune, you will get this message:

• CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    I have a house in Luna.
    Most of the time I have to recall to Luna (by the moongate) and run to my house (west of the blacksmith shop).
    And when I get there, sometimes I will see a small bird.
    Other times there is nothing there.

• I don't really see a need to change this. It is easy to just mark a rune a few steps back from your house and vendors. Keeps it real and adds a little edge to your play. 
    Lord Nabin
    High Council Sage
    Ancient Conclave of Wisdom

ICQ 248-636-691
    Discord Lord Nabin#5433
    lordnabin@yahoo.com
  • AtlanticRealtor,
    That message is quite the find!  It shows that it is possible to change.

The blocking of runes is absolutely unnecessary.  I'm begging, BEGGING the devs to remove the rune blocking.  Please guys, please!
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,942Moderator
    This topic has been addressed in the recent newsletter.
  • JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 578
    edited November 2019
    Mariah said:
    Time to lock it?  <3
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    JollyJade said:
    Mariah said:
    Time to lock it?  <3

I agree.  They are not going to change blocked locations.  No reason to discuss.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • JollyJade said:
    Mariah said:
    Time to lock it?  <3
    LOL

I love it. 
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,942Moderator
    I guess I shouldn't ignore popular opinion. 3 instructions to lock it? 
This discussion has been closed.