Moongate OR Transportation Access at LA's West Britain Bank

I'm repeating a suggestion I've made before, but would like to tag the development team on:

Over a year ago Mesanna promised at our LA Meet & Greet that she'd put up a moongate at West Britain bank like many other shards have.  LA players have asked for this for years, and we consider it a critical component of LA's social life and future. We believe it is critical to the health and stability of LA's population.  Obviously, as it has been over a year since this promise was given, and that it took several years to get her to promise this in the first place, there is a problem setting it up or some reason for the fact that it hasn't appeared.  Since the player group who have requested this for years feel that it is a very important component to LA's social structure, I'm looking for other creative options to address the issue.

SO, I have come up with an alternative idea. How about we get a permanent 'transport pavilion' placed on the West side of the bank by the moat consisting of our commonly placed items like a crystal ball for the banks, the corrupted crystal for the dungeons, and the crystal and jawbone that allow us to get to Ilshenar and Eodon locations? That wouldn't take messing with our moongate system. It would use items commonly found in the world, already set up and functioning.  At least if we had the means to get players from West Britain bank to other places quickly it might help with the use of our capital city and encourage the population on LA.

There was a time when I actually left LA for a time and considered making a new home elsewhere. My main thing wasn't a huge population or activities - it was whether it was easy to get in and out of Britain since I use it a lot.  I wouldn't move to a shard that didn't have a moongate option at Brit.  So, please guys do LA a huge favor and maybe at least give us transportation options at the West Britain bank of some sort? We always get 'complaints' that LA is a small shard and not as convenient as other shards are. Having no moongate at Brit when most all of the other shards have them is one reason for it. The contest that brought the moongates and redesigns to the shard West Britain banks was conducted on LA first as a test. The other shards were given a moongate option for their designs, and LA was not.  If I hadn't already been on LA as a home base before the contest, I wouldn't have come here either.  LA deserves a chance because we are a great shard, and we'd like to make it easy for other people to come to our shard and enjoy it as well.

Thanks for considering my alternative option! I hope other players will chime in here and give their opinions as well.  - El
  1. Would you like a moongate at West Britain Bank on the shards that do not have them?6 votes
    1. Yes
      83.33%
    2. No
      16.67%
  2. Would you be more likely to play on a shard that has a moongate/transport at West Britain bank?6 votes
    1. Yes, its important to my ease of gameplay to have a moongate there.
      66.67%
    2. No, it doesn't matter to me.
      33.33%

Comments

• CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    shards without moongates:

Arirang
    Formosa
    Lake Austin
    Mizuho
    Napa Valley
    Sonoma

when the contest was going on the designer on our shard didn't know that you could put in a moongate in the design. And like your shard, we have asked at multiple meet & greets for one in Britain. And we were told that if the original designer requested it, they would add it. So someone gifted the designer game time and He came back to the game. He requested the moongate to be added in Britain and was told that it had to be in the original design.

Like your shard, we have had lot of people say they wouldn't trade tokens for our shard because there is no moongate at Britain on our shard. Back in the day, when you created a character, they were created at Britain. Now you can create a character in other cities, where the moongate is closer. But for the characters that are already in Britain, that is a long run to the moongate.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    @Mesanna could you take 5 min out of your day to do this.
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    I have to add, that Arirang has what looks like a moongate, but it actually just takes you to the counselor's guild in Britain.
  • DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,730
    I was that person on Sonoma, and I did ask several time, and I will ask again December 2nd on Sonoma.
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598