About time Mesanna enlightened us to her Idoc idea

WhispererWhisperer Posts: 40
edited November 2019 in General Discussions
Last night an idoc in Atlantic fell, had some nice things 2 cameos, hawkweeds robes, obi and about 10 safes all ready to be re-homed.  When the house fell all these items instantly vanished as if they were deleted with the house foundations.  Some items more than a few paces away so not within grabbing range.
Now we all know the idoc cheat, we all know about 2d scripts, But this just take the piss.
How can things be insta grabbed, no wait HOOVERED up instantly when not in grabbing range?

So Mesanna, what's the plan because this is just stupid. We have been moaning for FAR TOO LONG about this cheat and the 3rd party scripts. You know he runs multiply script clients at once.Ypou know he then tried to sell. items for real money on the dodgy sites. You know about illegal script programs. You have been shown, and I am sure you have seen the youtube videos showing how they all do it.

Let's hear it, how are you finally going to stop this

Time for action is well overdue.  Time to put the fear into this illegal enterprise and close down the RMT websites as well. get rid of EJ accts to current players. Ban them from docs, ban them from owning pack animals blah blah blah.

Just do SOMETHING as the scripters are running wild.

Yes I am moaning because I didn't get anything AGAIN. But with over 1500 idocs in 10 plus years under my belt on several shards I KNOW something is amuck. The last 2 years have been a complete waste of time as the script hoovers are just outrageous.

I have even, among many others it appears have given you locations, times, and shards and I understand you have observed, so you have seen multi boxing, multi script looters. Rabbit, llama, rat, dog script timers, Multi client follow scripts looters. YOU HAVE SEEN IT ALL

I run the EC with pinco client and have enjoyed doing so for years. Legal methods are just not up for competing with 2D scripts from the website you know exist when it comes to idocs (as well as many other aspects of the game according to general chat)

Why do you allow them to operate and steal money away from YOUR game?

And what ever happened to Calvins spreadsheet lol

Comments

• Please do not grief this post to get it locked, or deleted. I do not want a slag fest, or argument. 

I want Mesanna to give us some REAL information about what is going to be done to close this illegal enterprise and give us back our game on a level playing frilled so we can ALL enjoy whatever play styles we want within the rules of the T.O.S

We know cheating is rife, its time for action
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    I think you need to be a little more patient. It has already been said that the topic is going to be looked at, but I highly doubt that anything more will be said until at least the current publish has been deployed world wide.
  • Had fingers crossed for many years, I just hope something will be done to sort this out. Close 2D client :). *Hides*

• psychopsycho Posts: 284
    edited November 2019

I was at your IDOC yesterday, didnt take me long to figure out this wasnt worth the time waiting for, I mean 2 cameos, a group of people right infront of it, go figure.

I am also waiting for the IDOC-fix proposal that was announced a few month ago,
    yes its hard, yes its complex, yes it need to be done right, but hey gotta start somewhere.

• MerusMerus Posts: 656
    Here’s a thought... if the developers are aware of the issue and plan to address it... why not just suspend house decay until a fix is implemented?  Letting the problem continue if it’s a known issue just because they don’t have the bandwidth to fix it yet seems... well like an ostrich with its head in the sand.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Whisperer said:
    Had fingers crossed for many years, I just hope something will be done to sort this out. Close 2D client :). *Hides*

So you do not want griefers and then you yourself turn around and post this bullshit.
  • Was a joke Bilbo, and hello again long time :)   trying to lighten my mood

• Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    edited November 2019
    Tell us how you managed to find 1000s of idocs on several shards ? I can't wait to read this.It's absolutely hilarious to read people complain about scripting and then they explain how "Oh they don't do it themselves". I know I know, you walked around every shard and hovered your little mouse over the sign and read it and made note of it in your little idoc book and then you moved on to the next one and the next blah blah blah. To quote Bilbo, "bulls**t" . I'm sick to death of this topic and I"m sick to death of people claiming they don't use scripts to find these houses. The hypocrisy is nauseating. I look forward to reading the replies to this after the posters sit and think for a while before they describe exactly how they perform these monumental tasks all by hand....wait, no I don't.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • MordredMordred Posts: 102
    @Garth_Grey HAHAH, I agree 100% with you!

Ok, 1st, is well known that Items current on auction safes or Vendors, when the house collapse, the items will Vanish and will NOT be in the floor, many shards had houses with auction safes, with items on it and the item Vanished, so rest assure in this case, they were not scripted.

now the fun part, just like @Garth_Grey said" absolutely hilarious to read people complain about scripting" when they do exactly the same, funny to watch those "videos" when 1 group is trying to take the other rival group of the competition accusing them of scripting when they said themselves as well, that they are "Elite Idocers" doing Idocs on a Global scale, everyday and that they dont miss 1 single one, on over 20+ shards but Yet, they dont use scripts.... LOL.
    Funny to see someone crying that someone  grabbed the item faster than him, maybe bc the other is faster?. It is amazing to see this type of topic and just like @Garth_Grey said, they will claim that they search for them manually by clicking each house sign, than they will sit for HOURS waiting the sign to change to GW to Idoc , funny that even the well known person that is current sharing the books on Atlantic, claims that she find them manually and time them manually and yet she know the exactly time each one of them will fall by the sec... WOW Amazing skills you have!!!!

I agree something need to be changed and someone here said, Pause all the idocs until they fix?? GREAT IDEA.
  • WhispererWhisperer Posts: 40
    edited November 2019
    1500 over 10 years isn't a lot,  2 or 3 a day? 1200 were on Europa. I am on about 140 on Atlantic,   the rest are Dracs and LS. And yes, I use the house sign.  If you knew about idocs you would also know the Automap used to remember house plots on the map so you could also see where houses had moved or fallen, I used to sell lots of plots on Europa when real estate was prime there. Obviously now a ghost town, as is most shards.  Maybe you can show me a way to run a house script in EC?
    However there is no point either as a certain player on Atl gives the locations away to everyone now and it makes script looting even worse, hence my outrage and hoping for a definitive fix once and for all.
    Then hopefully you wont see that guy walking the land script searching. you must have seen him?
    I was a member of ACG green guild on Europa, and Bobar the GM was and is very anti script, so I took pride in getting what I could back in the day, Everyone on Europa who was about then, knows us, we were up against the script looters and placers, erm, Rafman and Xerxes? back then,  but this is different league now, nothing is left, all hoovered up instantly.
  • Not at the same time,  played Europa for years. Now on All to trade and idoc and LS is home.  not many idocs at all on LS or Dracs. like I say 140 on ATl, sad I know I keep a record on my Profile on each shard. I certainly do not multi shard idoc. I no longer have the interest to do all that work to then come up against the multi client following script looters we all know are out there.  I think the only time I enjoy idocs now are the day of publishes when it seems the scripters are "away with work" for that day or 2. Which is really until the programs update and they are good to go again 
  • locking up idocs until the fix is implemented would certainly hurt the dodgy scripted RMT site for sure. Sounds great to me, I for one will continue to do idocs after the big fix, with EC client and I wont have to change a thing :)
  • psycho said:

I was at your IDOC yesterday, didnt take me long to figure out this wasnt worth the time waiting for, I mean 2 cameos, a group of people right infront of it, go figure.

I am also waiting for the IDOC-fix proposal that was announced a few month ago,
    yes its hard, yes its complex, yes it need to be done right, but hey gotta start somewhere.

I wonder if they both went into the same container, lightning fast hands there :)
  • Mordred said:
     funny that even the well known person that is current sharing the books on Atlantic, claims that she find them manually and time them manually and yet she know the exactly time each one of them will fall by the sec... WOW Amazing skills you have!!!!
    What is really funny is reading your post. I never get the timers to the second I try to get them within a 5 minute window in the mornings when Im running around clicking on each house to see if it might fall. I split the lands I search up into 4 different days. It takes me hours each day.  I DONT CHEAT!!!!!
    That house that fell yesterday had both robes still floating in the air and it took over an hour before they got picked up or disappeared. 

Here are some ideas on idocs and they have been posted before
    1. goes into a crate for owner if they ever come back to game
    2. no more idocs it just falls and all items are gone
    3. make a stone in brit commons with a list of all idocs on the shard click the arrow and it takes you to them.

If they cant stop the cheaters then lets make it fair for everyone. Tell us where all IDOCs are and when they will fall. Take away the thing they put on house tool so we can click it and check it as fast and as often as we want. 
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Whisperer said:
    Was a joke Bilbo, and hello again long time :)   trying to lighten my mood

No you are the JOKE.  You do understand that both clients are 2D but we all know that you really mean the CC and if they close either client then they will close UO.  But go ahead and keep spreading the grief that you say you do not want in this thread.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    edited November 2019
    Tell us how you managed to find 1000s of idocs on several shards ? I can't wait to read this.It's absolutely hilarious to read people complain about scripting and then they explain how "Oh they don't do it themselves". I know I know, you walked around every shard and hovered your little mouse over the sign and read it and made note of it in your little idoc book and then you moved on to the next one and the next blah blah blah. To quote Bilbo, "bulls**t" . I'm sick to death of this topic and I"m sick to death of people claiming they don't use scripts to find these houses. The hypocrisy is nauseating. I look forward to reading the replies to this after the posters sit and think for a while before they describe exactly how they perform these monumental tasks all by hand....wait, no I don't.
    I have no idea how today things get found....

Maybe it is done manually, maybe through scripts, I have no idea.

I seem to remember, though, that quite a good many Years back, at some point a Web site came up from someone who, if I remember it correctly, had found or at least, to my understanding, claimed that, a way to decode the UO Data Stream and could know pretty much all locations for IDOCs, stealables' timers and stuff like that....

Back then, my understanding was that the Developers found out about it and I guess did something about it because the Web Site could not be reached any longer after a while....

Could it be possible that with today's UO someone might have found a way to decrypt the Data Stream and thus, be able to easily find out when and where things in UO were to happen ?

I have no idea.

At least theoretically, though, one could entertain the thought that, since today's computers are way more powerfull then those of many Years back, if someone with the much lesser processing power of CPUs that was available many Years back, was still able to decrypt the UO Data Stream (if that was true in the first place, which I have no idea, of course...), why couldn't this be done more easily today, at least in Theory, now that the Processing Power available is much more powerfull ?

Just a thought.....

• The website you are mentioning still exists and is updated daily,it is common knowledge on Atlantic 
  • I hope the IDOC idea is a lot better than the "stop the UM'er" idea she just posted
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    What if the IDOC and the 'stop the UM'er' ideas are one and the same?
  • Time will tell.

Y'all are optimists lol
  • JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 578
    edited November 2019
    Time will tell.

Y'all are optimists lol
    Not me :P Will be a mess I'm sure (j/k @Mariah )
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)