Publish 107 - Jolly Roger Release 2

Comments

• CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    edited November 2019
    today I tried the Honesty shrine by myself... lol
    I was ok until me and my pet both got poisoned at the same time.
    I let the shrine rez me and was able to get my body using my undertakers staff.
    then I saw in chat about one of the keeps in the contest and got distracted.
    I shouldn't have left the shrine, but curiosity got the best of me.

When I was done looking at the keeps I went back to the shrine.
    Everything was still there... which surprised me because it was about 2 hrs later.
    A few friends char copied to help me with the shrine.
    There were 4 of us there and we managed to kill the first spawn.
    Then someone clicked to start the battle.
    I immediately recalled out when I saw how many dragons and drakes there were lol
    The others ran up the coastline where my plot is...

We took down the spawn in about 10 mins
    Each round there were two Masters that we battled... so 4 total Masters that we killed.
    I got 3 drops (2 gloves and a weapon)
    the leaf gloves are barely visible...
    one friend had "errors" in his bag, so he must not have been fully patched up to see what he got.

All in all, we had fun...
    And can't wait for it to be on our home shard...

===========================

currently on TC, we click to start the spawn.

I am assuming that this is where the mysterious fragments come in...

if they are required:
    is it color specific...
    green for Justice
    purple for Honor
    red for valor
    or would any work on any shrine???

============================

Thank you for these shrine battles.
    I love that you've added these drops.
    I know there are people who love to collect these outfits.
    And this has made them very happy.
  • JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 578
    edited November 2019
    Kyronix said:
    For discussion/bugs for testing release number 2!

• Updated Mannequin
    • Shrine Battles

Pretty disappointing. Was rather hoping for some bugfixes as you guys said you were looking into some. Not looking to spoil all event content before its even live tbh, so can't say anything about the shrine thing. Maybe next year..
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    Is every thing you post intended to provoke a fight?

No, there's been no bug fix list posted yet, but we do know of at least one fix, I've read it in this forum. The bug with the scholar's halo is fixed on test center.

You make a lot of assumptions, I prefer to wait until I have facts.
  • HippoHippo Posts: 267
    On TC is there a gate to the Shrines or does a marked runebook drop into pack - or do I need to nuke my copied char and recopy one that has a shrine runebook in pack so that I can test out shrine battle? Thank you!

• KirthagKirthag Posts: 541
    edited November 2019
    ETA: Using CC, 1024x768 Full-Screen resolution and 1024x768 Play-Window size

Mannequin
    :

This is awesome! Now maybe I will start making suits again in prodo!

Transparent Gump is useless - might as well remove that feature. Cannot read the text at all when using the "transparent" overlay.

SECURITY: There is no option for security, particularly since my home is public w/vendors. If I'm making a suit, I don't necessarily want others to view the stats on it right away. I know people cannot take items off, but I also don't want them to see the stats until I'm done making the suits. Would like to see some security setting as follows. Similar to boat security maybe?
    • Public View: Y/N
    • Alliance View: Y/N
    • Guild View: Y/N
    • Owner View Only (overrides all other settings, making the viewing totally private)
    • Auction Suit (see below - and automatically adjusts settings to Public View)
    So people can open paperdoll, but cannot see stats-gump unless they have the proper access privileges.

About the only other thing I can venture to adjust is the size of the gump itself. I can move it around to view the data - but there will always be some part of it not showing. Maybe make the gump itself adjustable, with overflow sections falling to secondary or tertiary pages (CSS?) - or like suggested earlier, give users the ability to adjust text? I use a laptop when traveling, monitor: 1366x768, 13" diag (more like a netbook) and why I love playing the CC - I can play it anywhere! LAX, Starbucks in NYC, some truck stop w/wifi...
     :D

Last edit, really:
    Not now, but in the future? Could the mannequin be used as an Auction Safe? Meaning I could set an auction for the entire suit on display with the right settings (works hand in hand with security above)? This would be an awesome addition to merchandising (or allow us to put containers w/items on the Auction Safe).

Gonna do Shrines soon. 
  • Mene_DrachenfelsMene_Drachenfels Posts: 245
    edited November 2019

First of all - I haven't read all the new improvement suggestions for the new mannequins here yet - so it might be good that my suggestions come twice - but twice holds better as they say :). . . .

First of all - to make the renewals of the equipment comparable is great, well thought out and clearly arranged. Great work as I mean that would be an even greater kick in my eyes, this dress up doll would also have a few options that e. g. players who maintain a museum and there their collected Armorsets gladly times exhibit (which players basically only with the old Mannequins have done ;) :

To cut a long story short: extends the customization options for all breeds - here you can use the templates from the Vendor Customization menu. These menus could lead e. g. from the Costumize Body Menu of the mannequin to a further Gump, which leads then the submenus for the individual races.

Costumize Body Menu from the Mannequin:

Menu for Humans:

Menu for Elves

Menu for Gargoyles:

What would also be nice - leave the option to rename the doll - would also be nice to think about a longer input text than only about 20 letters.

If the doll doesn't eat lockdowns, but works like a House-Add-On Deed - that would be really great.

Please see if you could add something like that. I know some people think bald head is chic and cool, but a stylistically well dressed char also includes hair and names :D. . . . .

<<<< This is Tudor Style :D

A little less ego-thinking, know-it-all and rumbling compared to others who aren't so "great" and the UO-life would be a whole corner easier

(Ein bisschen weniger Ego-Denken, Besserwisserei und Rumprollerei anderen gegenüber die halt nicht so "toll sind" und das UO-Leben wäre ne ganze Ecke einfacher)

edited November 2019
    Shrine Battles - Justice

First impression: if all the battle groups spawn at once for a solo player.... that is most not fun. Having several invulnerables chasing after you while trying to kill their individual battle group is not enjoyable. Figuring out which mob belongs to which battle group is tedious for the solo player.

Being rez-killed by an NPC is no fun. Can't even smack-talk them like we do in Fel for some modicum of satisfaction. :(

If this is a group thing, I can see this mass spawning being okay, but for the soloist... nope. 
    Can there be a check to see if the person calling the spawn is in a party/group?  I can see one or two battle-groups at a time spawn, but three... all on top of the shrine at once is rez-kill heaven. Forget keeping your fame title if this is how it is going to be.

Battle Group 1
    Tree fellows, boglings, swamp tentacle, plague beast lords, elf bard boss
    1 hr, 54 minutes to kill this group - bard decided I should be calm all the time. :(
    7+k gold, some gems, and meh loot with a couple of artifacts I would use for crafting, no drop

Battle Group 2
    Tree fellows, boglings, swamp tentacle, plague beast lords, gargoyle mystic boss
    1 hour to kill this group & the boss
    Loot was all for gargoyles (considering was a gargoyle, forgiven) and unimpressive, not even one artifact, and a meh drop (would keep only for the name - stats were most unimpressive)

Battle Group 3
    Orc Choppers, Orc Bombers, Orc Mage, Orc Lords, sampire boss
    Had to dig major artifacts out of test-give as I could not beat this sampire with my standard gear. To finish this spawn out, had to switch to a blood drinker weapon with 100% life leech, and still found that sampire more than challenging - it seemed to mimic my every move/spell combo while pulling out masteries which forced me to change my tactics, and die a whole lot. THEN it started doing the ah mi so.... whatever necro-regen and oh geez.... 

Seems all three boss mobs have unlimited mana (plus leeching off me) and FC/FCR in the double digits. If not for my huge HP bonuses (plus and regen) I would not have been able to do these. As much as I pride myself on being a tank - this was a most humbling experience. And that sampire doing the ah mi so blahblah every 2 seconds just elongated the misery. I finally killed him... for no drop. 

Do note, my template is a pure paladin with a wee bit of healing for bandies (not enough to res people). I do not use masteries, and rarely have any luck on me. Valor Armor set is my standard gear with nocturn earrings, and I wear a few jewel pieces to help with dex/stam and a totem to suit whatever it is I am hunting at the time. I also sport the crimmy, and cloak of death for bonuses. I still have a slot open for a sash or something - and for this, I used a royal guard sash with mana regen. 

I started doing the Justice shrine at about 8-something pm. I just finished, and is 1:36am... and I have to go to work in a few hours.

Got curious, double-clicked the trigger again, and 3 more battle groups showed up. Two with ice/frost creatures (toughest is the Ice Fiends) and one group with centaurs and cu.... 

Killed one ice-group and started in on the boss... a macer... who must be wearing some sort of super durable kevlar armor and shield for I barely made a dent in his hp after 10 minutes.

so i'm done... need to get caffeine for work in a few hours.

they are wandering around justice if anyone wants to play with them.

• Doesn't sound too fun to me...
    Think I will pass on it

I need to do more of these - I keep getting side tracked by stuff on my home shard. 
    I've tried a couple. I did best with my archer, and the initial tactic for me is 'leggit'. I click the orb, then run beyond where the masters and henchmen spawn before any lock onto me. Then circle back picking them off till only the master is left.  I cleared out the henchmen from all 3 groups before taking on the masters. I found I could lure one away far enough to run him around in circles without pulling the other two.  I look forward to finding out what the true reward for this is. I'm not an armor collector.
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,110Dev
    Thanks for the feedback.

The way it is currently setup you will need to earn a spot on the top contributors list on 8 of the Captains over the course of the entire event in order to gain access to the reward for doing so.  We can tweak the number that spawn at any given time (the spawn mechanic will be similar to the way it works now, where you decide when to pop them) up or down based on feedback.

Couple things to keep in mind is that you'll have months to complete the battles and this isn't specifically designed for solo encounters.  I have no doubt there will be those that will solo it no problem, but it's primary intent is to encourage group play.  Putting the MM in ORPG.  
  • I hope you don't plan on releasing it in December at the same time as Krampus and the Festival since getting a group together during this time will be a challenge on the smaller shards.  January would be great since we'll have something new to do (just saying)...
    months?
    so this will continue until the next publish starts?

edited November 2019
    Kyronix said:
    Thanks for the feedback.

The way it is currently setup you will need to earn a spot on the top contributors list on 8 of the Captains over the course of the entire event in order to gain access to the reward for doing so.  We can tweak the number that spawn at any given time (the spawn mechanic will be similar to the way it works now, where you decide when to pop them) up or down based on feedback.

Couple things to keep in mind is that you'll have months to complete the battles and this isn't specifically designed for solo encounters.  I have no doubt there will be those that will solo it no problem, but it's primary intent is to encourage group play.  Putting the MM in ORPG.  
    What happens when you earn a spot on the reward list but leave the game?

That happened a lot with minax invasions and those artis usually just dropped at the ground of the lighthouse or sometimes where a captain died if they even quit mid-captain (I liked the free minax artis though!). The later the night got, the more people had to drop out mid-lighthouse. I might just be a troll with no voice, but I can tell that troll did the invasions day and night and knows a bit about them.

Will the reward go to backpack or is it lost?

Will see what it is this time. Not holding my breath of course.
    The list of top contributors is calculated at death, so you need to be in game when the creature dies in order to roll for your rewards.  If you aren’t there, you don’t roll.
    Kyronix said:
    Thanks for the feedback

Thank you, sir.

I did notice there is a whole lot being added for group play, and I think that is an awesome direction to take. I do realize UO is not meant to be a solo game - which is why suggested a syscheck for party/group. Less dense shard population makes any group activity a challenge to find (particularly during off-peak for the time zone).

To use vernacular from home:
    If can, can.
    If no can, no can.
    No huhu.

;)
    Kyronix said:

The way it is currently setup you will need to earn a spot on the top contributors list on 8 of the Captains over the course of the entire event in order to gain access to the reward for doing so.  
    Does that mean each char can only get one reward?
    and would that reward be available on the 8th Captain or at the end of the the event?
    Currently - yes - 1 reward per character.

Reward will be available once you complete your 8th captain.
    Kyronix said:

will these be character bound & shard bound?
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    Kyronix said:

Do we need to do all 8 different shrines or is it just 8 random shrine battles? And you have to be a top contributor on all 8?  I would like to see the amount of contributing be at a level where a returning player can get the reward also.

The reward is something we have not seen yet? 
    We already do group play on LS so, THANKS!  We will be participating a lot!

Mannequins:

- I like the idea about customizing the looks like you can on a Vendor.
    - Can you add poses like the statue maker has?
    - Can you set the mannequin as a vendor and sell the suit it is wearing.
    - I like being able to set the mannequin to public so others can view the stats.
    - I still want a page added so we can put in Stats and skills and see damage,weapon speed, and Parry chance. Would be a great learning tool.
    - fix the items that do not show up on the mannequins.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Pawain said:
    Kyronix said:

Do we need to do all 8 different shrines or is it just 8 random shrine battles? And you have to be a top contributor on all 8?  I would like to see the amount of contributing be at a level where a returning player can get the reward also.

I was wondering that too.
    The hue of it will be based on the color of our virtue...
    Meaning if we want it a certain color, we must go for that virtue?
    Yes the color fragment is used on the corresponding color virtue shrine.

Just need to know if we can do random shrines for the 8.

I dont know what you mean by this:
    "Meaning if we want it a certain color, we must go for that virtue?"

The best link is this, it spells the colors at the bottom.
    http://www.uoguide.com/Virtues

Pawain said:

I dont know what you mean by this:
    "Meaning if we want it a certain color, we must go for that virtue?"

i read this spoiler
    edited November 2019
    I looked at spoilers.  Speculating.
    So we do know what the reward is.   Looks like you will choose the devotion title you want to have. Then you choose the reward when you are "wearing" that title. So you can get a full set of them.

Wishful hoping: Is this what the Hawkwinds will turn into if we choose to convert it? 

All sounds good to me Thanks Team!
    edited November 2019
    Kyronix said:
    The list of top contributors is calculated at death, so you need to be in game when the creature dies in order to roll for your rewards.  If you aren’t there, you don’t roll.
    Kyronix said:

So one spends an hour at a battle, kills 4 captains, rolls 4 times for a reward. Has to drop out after an hour and gets no reward since he is not online when the 8th captain falls.

Will the rewards go to the bank or are they lost?

The way I read it, there is no point in participating unless you are sure you can make it to the end?

Compared to the minax invasions this would be a huge step back. For them you could just jump in, gain one or two artis from spawn or captains and leave as you prefer without finishing the whole lighthouse.
    JollyJade said:
    Kyronix said:
    Kyronix said:

So one spends an hour at a battle, kills 4 captains, rolls 4 times for a reward. Has to drop out after an hour and gets no reward since he is not online when the 8th captain falls.

Will the rewards go to the bank or are they lost?

The way I read it, there is no point in participating unless you are sure you can make it to the end?

Compared to the minax invasions this would be a huge step back. For them you could just jump in, gain one or two artis from spawn or captains and leave as you prefer without finishing the whole lighthouse.
    You missed a quote:

The way it is currently setup you will need to earn a spot on the top contributors list on 8 of the Captains over the course of the entire event in order to gain access to the reward for doing so

• @Kyronix @Bleak any chance of pvp changes coming into affect as well in holiday release or timeline when theese changes will take place?
    Ouch.  So you kill 8 Captains and get the reward and that toon can not get another?

I ran as many toons thru the Titans as I could and they got rewards.  I guess I'll dust off all the fighters.  The full set will be valuable.

Pawain said:
    Ouch.  So you kill 8 Captains and get the reward and that toon can not get another?

I ran as many toons thru the Titans as I could and they got rewards.  I guess I'll dust off all the fighters.  The full set will be valuable.

which would require Knight in each of those virtues.
    and with Krampus, I'm going to have a tough time of getting Knight of Honesty
    Just to be clear - this content is independent of the Virtue System.
    I understand that these are to be for groups...
    but can you take the slasher effect away fromt he wizards plz