Skeletal Cat Dies No Ghost

SethSeth Posts: 2,904
This is the second time I have an issue with items purchased from the UO store. The previous times it was a pet bonding potion that did not work, the pet died after bonding and there was no ghost. One pet bonding potion wasted and it is hard to prove, maybe.

Now I just lost the only Skeletal Cat that I purchased in my entire account.

There are simply too many bugs with the game now and while losing an in-game item isn't a really major issue (unless it is a super rare item like Cameo and it is blessed), I don't think I can accept a 1000 sovereign virtual item that cost around $10 equivalent.

Please don't tell me you don't have a way to track this lost? It is not as if I purchased an item for use in my own Real Life home. The item that I purchased can only exist in your Ultima Online server under your control.

Feel free to scan my account and server records - if any.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs

Comments

• CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
     the Skeletal Cat is a vanity mount, just like the Windrunner.
    I have the Windrunner and it tends to get hungry quite often. 
    (he gets hungrier twice as fast as my other pets do)
    your cat may have needed to be fed more often.
    I'm not sure how often you fed it or if that is the cause this time...

There has been instances of pets going wild while fighting...
    My husband has had it happen before with a giant beetle.

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    Actually I would like to propose that the issue with pets disappearing (no ghost) is actually due to pet bonding potions. 

I’ve read several times people losing pets who have used them. 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Mervyn said:
    Actually I would like to propose that the issue with pets disappearing (no ghost) is actually due to pet bonding potions. 

I’ve read several times people losing pets who have used them. 
    This happened to me once, but the second one I purchased is fine. I am unable to repeat the bug.

the Skeletal Cat is a vanity mount, just like the Windrunner.
    I have the Windrunner and it tends to get hungry quite often. 
    (he gets hungrier twice as fast as my other pets do)
    your cat may have needed to be fed more often.
    I'm not sure how often you fed it or if that is the cause this time...

There has been instances of pets going wild while fighting...
    My husband has had it happen before with a giant beetle.

It happened once to my pet when fighting Travesty some time back. There was repeated commands that failed and it went wild. I cannot remember exactly how, but it was different from the haven training. 
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    my husband lost a giant beetle while he was training it up at the cavern of the discard. He didn't use a potion on it... He had been feeding it and had no clue that it wasn't happy or anything. The next thing he knows is that it went wild and the rats killed it before he could do anything... I can't remember what level it was when it died. I just know that he was doing it for a friend and had to wait another week for another pet to bond.

edited January 2019
    If it is a case of pets going wild without owners realising. We could maybe do with the pet giving a notification above it’s head like 
    *pet name seems very unhappy* 
    each time a pet drops down a happiness level. 
    (Mounted pets would show the message as a system message like when VvV mounts get low battle readiness levels)
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

• GidgeGidge Posts: 426
    I have noticed that sometimes I feed a pet and it still needs more food. I have also found that diff food has different value, like how we can eat a big stack of 9 grapes or muffins but 3 only hams. If this same thing is applied to pets, then that would explain the running out of happiness based on food. I feed my Cu a grape and sometimes still needs more food. I now drop a stack of grapes on it.  One thing about certain areas, is the line of site. If they can't see you, they get upset and start losing quick. So in the cavern, if it was on the bridge and the owner is down below, the pet may see this as not in site. I have found even a raise bump can do this. They need to expand their seeing to a cube instead of a flat square.
  • IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    Mervyn said:
    If it is a case of pets going wild without owners realising. We could maybe do with the pet giving a notification above it’s head like 
    (Mounted pets would show the message as a system message like when VvV mounts get low battle readiness levels)
    I totally agree.
    edited January 2019
    These uo store purchased pet auto-bond pets created from statues, I don't think they behave like normal pets requiring feeding. They are also low level so anyone can command, not easy to lose happiness as they are not a level 5. I have my Windrunner for a long time and it's still with me, and I thought the Skeletal Cat would also be bug free. 

The one above that I mentioned became wild was at least level 4 if not level 5 trained pet. 
    Seth said:
    These uo store purchased pet auto-bond pets created from statues, I don't think they behave like normal pets requiring feeding. 
    Is that a fact? 

edited January 2019
    Auto bond is a fact, does not need feed and stable 7 days to bond.

It is not a trained, level up pet. This is a fact.

It requires feeding like any other pet, only if it loses loyalty. For my Windrunner I have not fed it for a long time and it never turn wild. This is a fact.

I did not spam command, and resulting it not listening to several commands in a row and losing loyalty, like my level 5 pet. This is a fact.

• My tamer literally only feeds pets to bond them that's it... 120/120 taming/lore

I doubt feeding/not feeding is the issue here.   I have had 2 paroxysmus swamp dragons despawn while farming in shame a couple years ago though, both times my character was killed near the Wind elementals unfortunately I was afk at the time long enough to lose connection from idleness.   I assume the wind eles or the deseased blood elemental was the culprit in that particular incident, but I cannot verify it nor am I willing to test it again at 60m+ a pop.

Unfortunately, when it's hard to reproduce this kind of thing it has a very low chance of being fixed.
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
    edited February 2019
    Yes, I don't think feeding is the issue. Somehow when AFK, the pet can go wild and die without a ghost. 

The server should have such records of purchases. If not, then I would suggest that they develop a simple tracker. After all, we are talking about a purchased item using rl money, and not items acquired in the game.
  • hunter11hunter11 Posts: 223
    I watched a guy in pvp get footed and killed after he died they killed his old faction horse it disappeared crazy thing he hadn't even commanded it no pet messages saying anything its clearly some kind of issue with bonded pets not the first times ive heard of pets going wild 
  • Mervyn said:

Back in the day, didn't they give the messages?  Before everything started gettng new and improved?  I can remember Sir Paco's WWs in front of the house 'looking around desparately' and such...
  • These should be ethy/summoned mounts like the vet rewards to begin with.
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656
    We have outlived the days of pets going wild once bonded.  When loyalty is lost a pet should simply stand still without obeying orders until it’s fed.
    Just an update that I have not bought any pet from the store ever since. Actually wanted to get the peacock for my bard, but these virtual coded pets comes with no warranty even when it is caused by the system error.
    The case is finally closed, by Yoshi,

• Most file systems have mechanisms or tools that support "undelete" (recycle bin, etc).  Technically it'd be possible to recover items, say within a 24 hour window.  "It's just code".

Most file systems have mechanisms or tools that support "undelete" (recycle bin, etc).  Technically it'd be possible to recover items, say within a 24 hour window.  "It's just code".

It is also "a total lack of Customer respect", as the many possessors of the non exactly cheap Britannia Ships lost to a WELL KNOWN Lighthose bug can testify...
    Yeah, it’s not that I cannot afford to pay for and buy another pet. It’s the principle and every merchant who sells physical goods accept warranty replacement.

This is just a virtual product, just made up of 1 and 0. Not sure what they lose? Need to order production, packaging, shipping?  :D
    Seth said:
    Yeah, it’s not that I cannot afford to pay for and buy another pet. It’s the principle and every merchant who sells physical goods accept warranty replacement.

This is just a virtual product, just made up of 1 and 0. Not sure what they lose? Need to order production, packaging, shipping?  :D

And that, in a nutshell, is WHY and by WHO today real world is totally scr*wed too... B) ;)