Treasure Hunter Build help

I'm trying  to figure out what to use my last 100.0 skill points on.  My current, primary skills are as follows:
110.0 Magery
100.0 Eval Int
100.0 Cartography
100.0 Lockpicking
100.0 Remove Trap
100.0 Hiding

Now this is where I'm stumped.  At the moment I'm using 100.0 Stealth for my last points.  I don't really use Stealth but I just kept it anyways.  The highest level map I've done solo so far is a "supply".

With the higher level chests above "supply" maps in mind, I was thinking 100.0 Resisting Spells to nullify the effect of paralyze when I'm running away from the initial spawn of creatures.  I like Hiding because I don't need to wait that extra few seconds to cast Invisibility while running from the initial spawn; Hiding has saved my keester quite a few times so I'm keeping it.

So, Resisting Spells is the only other skill I can think of.  Thanks in advance for the help!!

Comments

• I was also thinking of ditching Hiding & Stealth for 100.0 Mysticism, and 100.0 Focus for the RCs, but I'm still hung up on keeping Hiding.  Indecisive...
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656
    I hear what you're saying about hiding, but if you plan to venture to the harder maps, particularly level 4 and 5, its going to be a real struggle... you'll be able to hide from the mobs, but will have very little firepower to kill them.

Obviously it would be a little rework on your template, but here is my treasure hunter template:

120 Taming
    120 Lore
    100 Cartography
    100 Lock Picking
    100 Remove Trap
    90 Magery (100 modified skill with a -15 mage weapon and +25 skill on the suit)
    90 Vet (use enhanced bandages for the additional bonus)

I use a fully scrolled Disco/AI Cu. 

Once you start digging you tell you pet to guard you and precast the invisible.  When the mobs pop, you invis yourself and the pet takes the aggro.

For high level maps I run Consume Damage and can vet heal, but for most maps the Cu handles the spawn with no issues.

Some like the mystic version that swaps Taming/Lore/Vet for Mystic/Focus/Eval, but I like not having to worry about dispel and constantly re-summoning.  (I started with this template before switching over to taming)
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    I have a considerable amount of success with my mystic/weaver treasure hunter.

The way to use invis on a map is to pre-cast it while you dig, holding the target cursor over your life bar and then dropping it on yourself just as the chest appears. 

You can see this template in action on my youtube channel. I don't want to annoy people by posting the actual video here, but this link should take you to it

May Kinoles, making holes version 2. - YouTube
  • Wow, great video!  I noticed that you almost ate it at about 4:25, but you managed to pull through.  Please post your template (if you don't mind)?

Also, what level map was that, and how much luck did you have on your suit?
    edited November 2019
    actually I should probably have posted the more recent video, adapted to the current changes with remove trap. The map in the first video is level 6. The map in the one below is 'Hoard' under the new system.  This was because when I dug the higher 'trove' map I didn't get the ancient guardians that I was trying to demonstrate dealing with.
    May's Refined Tactics for Remove Trap

Current template is:
    Cartography 100
    Focus 85
    Lockpick 100
    Magery100 (115 with spellbook)
    Mysticism 120 
    Remove Trap 100
    Spellweaving 115

Luck is 855 on the suit 2105 when I remember to use the sculpture. 

Someone will undoubtedly point out that maps on that facet are easier than Tram and Fel maps of the same level, and they would be right, however the reason I chose that facet is time based, not difficulty based. I simply didn't think anyone would want to sit and watch while I fought multiple ancient wyrms, it takes too long.
  • I'm gonna try this template.  Please give feedback on it.

110.0 Magery
    100.0 Lockpicking
    100.0 Cartography
    100.0 Disable Trap
    105.0 Mysticism
    105.0 Focus
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656
    Just to point out the only time you need luck on the suit (for maps) is the first successful dig on the map location.  I put my luck suit on to find the map.  Once it starts digging there is more than enough time to swap to a combat suit and precast invisible before the mobs pop.
    edited November 2019
    110.0 Magery
    100.0 Lockpicking
    100.0 Cartography
    100.0 Disable Trap
    105.0 Mysticism
    105.0 Focus

What Merus says is correct - I just choose not to do that.
  • Oooh!  Missed my last 100 - this is good news!  My lovely Hiding perhaps?  Or, something else?  What kinda options do I have?
  • Darn! Forgot I had GM Eval Int on him too LOL...
  • Okay!  Got a very good template at the moment.  Currently I can solo "cache" maps; haven't tried higher but hope to soon once i get comfortable with the build and techniques.

120.0 Magery
    120.0 Mysticism
    120.0 Focus
    100.0 Lockpicking
    100.0 Cartography
    100.0 Remove Trap
    60.0 Meditation

I tried 60.0 Eval Int but Meditation seemed to work better for me.  That plus 120.0 Focus I regenerate mana at a decent rate.

This is what I do:
    Start the dig, once it gets about 4-5 seconds before the chest pops, I cast RC, precast Invisibility.  When the monsters pop with the chest, I cast the Invis. spell, then run a short distance from the fight and blast monsters using Hail Storm.

Works quite well on "cache" maps; can't wait to test it on some "horde" maps.  I'll post back with results once I've done a few.