Can the Jackolantern Helms please be made available before Halloween Day?

TanagerTanager Posts: 634
edited October 2019 in General Discussions
I am really enjoying this year's pirate themed Halloween event. I have never done Charybdis before, so that alone has been a whole new experience. All of the new equipment is nice but I love the sword belt and baked-kitsune hat best. The new aquariums are stunning! Equipable ale bottles are fun, and I love throwing the exploding pumpkins at people (as well as distilled ale, it makes a nice combo hehe).

However... I would have really enjoyed being able to wear the Jackolantern Helm while Trick or Treating, killing Grims, Butchers, and bone skeletons, blowing up pumpkin-decked pirate ships and all that fun stuff for the entirety of October's Halloween event. Now we are only a few days away from Halloween itself and I hear rumors of the next release of rewards being Nov 1... after Halloween. I realize there is always next year, but I confess to some disappointment on the matter. I will still enjoy wearing it in November, but it just isn't quite the same as Halloween.

Since I am on the topic, I would also like to say that I am not a huge fan of trickling out events rewards, even to the point of limiting how many points players can ''store'' before the next items are available without punishing them for it by taking up house lockdowns. I feel this forces people to play on the game's time table, instead of allowing people to play the game when it suits them. A lot of people have less time for UO the closer we get to the date of a holiday, and this new trend of parceling out the rewards prevents people from farming their hearts out when they have the time to do so. If you must release the rewards in batches, would it be possible to consider at least not limiting the amount of points (silver, doubloons, etc) that can be stored up on the NPC ahead of time? @Kyronix

Aside from that bit, I am having a blast with Forsaken Foes and I am looking forward to Jolly Roger!

Comments

• MargeMarge Posts: 720
    Seconded!

I'm sure the helms wont be able to be seen on the toon itself on goblins - but man I wish they could!
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    Bring out the Pumpkin Helmet and make it Reforgable!!!!!!  Thanks
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • MissEMissE Posts: 776
    edited October 2019
    Yes the reward trickle down is outright annoying.  I have over 200 mythic soul binders just sitting til the reward table is complete.  No idea why there is a limit to 300k worth of points on the vendor.  That is also outright annoying.

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum
  • MissE said:
    Yes the reward trickle down is outright annoying.  I have over 200 mythic soul binders just sitting til the reward table is complete.  No idea why there is a limit to 300k worth of points on the vendor.  That is also outright annoying.

It's so you can't just do it all the first 3-4 days and then spend the next 6 weeks griping about nothing to do, bored, etc.  It's how they keep you hanging on <span>:pensive:</span>

• ZekeTerraZekeTerra Posts: 313
    Looks like they're coming out on Nov 1 (todays newsletter).  I had wanted to get Jack his Captain title before the Halloween event ended so I could get bones with The Captain on them.  Oh well guess I'll have to settle for The Commander ones I got :(
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,109Dev
    All the Halloween content continues into November! Tis the season for screams!
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    even trick or treating?
  • ZekeTerraZekeTerra Posts: 313
    YAY!!!!
  • HippoHippo Posts: 267
    I missed wearing the pumpkin helm and using the rowboat during Halloween month as well :(  For some reason I thought the Blackthorn event would start OCT 1st. I rushed and got there characters initiated into the Fellowship cult. I wish I'd turned in a lot of that cargo at Bucs now...
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    edited November 2019
    Kyronix said:

last night I fought a Butcher at fel Nujelm cemetery on Sonoma.
    Haven't seen any today.
    Others have reported on Stratics that they haven't seen them yesterday or today on other shards.
  • KirthagKirthag Posts: 541
    I saw a Grimm in the Yew Vinyard by the abbey today - killed it, got a pumpkin.
    ToT is still live.

Haven't run around the cemeteries yet though.
  • MargeMarge Posts: 720
    edited November 2019
    Butchers are definitely gone from the graveyards - YAY! I live the graveyards for Halloween - not that the butchers are terribly hard just a bit of a pain. No blood oath to instant kill me - YAY!
  • Kyronix said:
    Does this mean the x-mas trees will arrive in January?

j/k.. GG.
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)
  • Kyronix said:
    What happened to the Butchers?  Have not seen any butchers in cemeteries since Nov 1st.  Everything else for Halloween is still active.