KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,109Dev
edited October 2019 in Test Center
For feedback & bugs related to,

• The Artisan Festival
  • The Stable Set
  • Krampus
  • Holiday Gifts

View the notes here

Per the notes, you will see missing item names.  This will be updated in a future client patch.

Comments

• TimTim Posts: 790
    edited October 2019
    Off Topic but

Just thinking of the complaints and whining "feedback & bugs" coming your way I can only say. 
    You are a much better man than me and we are lucky to have you. 

Thank you for all you effort.
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    edited October 2019

its not titled
    and neither is the wall art
  • DrowyDrowy Posts: 128
    Is there any Christmas Elf to test the Artisan Festival? I checked the towns, but didnt find any.
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,109Dev
    @Drowy - seems we need to juice the coffers a bit in each city! Should be starting shortly.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,973
    edited October 2019
    The whip is made from Tinkering.  Can it be Reforged?  

If so allow Jewelry to be reforged.  Thanks
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    the stable set clicky...
    can't get it on several accounts & the one who could get it... is overweight
    can't move the box at all
    thank you
  • VioletViolet Posts: 368
    edited October 2019

I don't know what I am in love with more... the fact we have bird cages with dye-able birds....

or the stable sets.

Next episode of Hoarders... featuring Violet~

These are awesome, truly.

the stable set clicky...

They fixed this.  You can go get as many as you want now.
    Pawain said:
    the stable set clicky...

They fixed this.  You can go get as many as you want now.
    I know, that's why I was thanking Kyronix.
    My crate weighed 578 stones when I first got it.
    The Grinch couldn't move it or the bag inside it.

Also note, that if you put the crate in your beetle, it will throw the fence pieces back into your backpack
    edited October 2019

Also note, that if you put the crate in your beetle, it will throw the fence pieces back into your backpack
    They are like Stone Pavers then?  You have to put them away before customizing a house?
    Do they need to be that way @Kyronix
    Yes, these items need to be House Only.  Although you should be able to customize a house without worrying about them getting messed up.  
    edited October 2019
    Stable Kit Bugs/Issues:

1.West facing horse sounds like a horse, South facing horse makes Troll sounds instead.

2.Metal Water Tub: acts like a water barrel if not locked down (you cannot fill when locked down).  If you do not lock it down after adding water, anyone with a pitcher can come along and empty it and walk off with the metal tub.  If this is intended, players should remember to lock it down after adding water.

• JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 578
    I don't see any progress on the vendor search issue in there. Is this not scope of this QA round?
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)
    edited October 2019
    @Violet - Thanks for the report on the horse!  Sounds like there's a troll in its through :D

Re: The metal tub it should behave exactly like water barrels/tubs.

@JollyJade see Bleak's comments here, 

Bleak said:
    We will be doing some maintenance on the Vendor Search backend with the release of Publish 107 which should help resolve some of these issues. 
    edited October 2019
    Holiday gifts...
    publish notes say the tree & dove cage are dyeable.
    wall art wasn't mentioned as dyeable.
    I'm not sure how people were dyeing them, but they were.
    I tried using cleanup dyes and pigments of tokuno which didn't work.
    if they weren't intended to be dyeable, they should be.
    They look awesome
  • DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,730
    Kyronix said:
    Yes, these items need to be House Only.  Although you should be able to customize a house without worrying about them getting messed up.  
    Can they be placed in a Normal Keep or Castle?
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
    Drakelord said:
    Kyronix said:
    Can they be placed in a Normal Keep or Castle?
    you can only place a keep on TC right now.
    And they can be locked down in it
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Did I miss it or is there no mention on the notes about this Year's Veteran Rewards ?
    popps said:
    Did I miss it or is there no mention on the notes about this Year's Veteran Rewards ?
    Last year they didn't give us one until the first publish of this year.
    I assume that we won't get any until the first publish of next year.

its still a lil early in this publish, to know everything that this publish will contain.
    Vet Rewards are slated for the first publish of 2020.
  • JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 578
    Kyronix said:
    @ Violet - Thanks for the report on the horse!  Sounds like there's a troll in its through :D

Re: The metal tub it should behave exactly like water barrels/tubs.

@ JollyJade see Bleak's comments here, 

Bleak said:
    We will be doing some maintenance on the Vendor Search backend with the release of Publish 107 which should help resolve some of these issues. 
    So this will go untested since its outside the TC cycle? Bug reports outside the QA cycle on TC usually don't get much attention from you guys compared to those threads :/
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)
    Holiday gifts...

In case you haven't figured it out yet (and for those that may not know), double clicking them turns them on and off.
    edited October 2019
    Violet said:
    Holiday gifts...

In case you haven't figured it out yet (and for those that may not know), double clicking them turns them on and off.
    I hadn't locked them down.
    And I asked people in chat, how they got that color & they said they dyed them.
    I didn't realize they were being dishonest.

I love the brightness of the colors.
    I just wish that each design came in green and red.
    the pink would look awesome at my Chapel of Love.
    but green and red (not available) would look awesome at The North Pole.
    Not sure yet, where I would put blue...
    just wish there was also red.
    edited October 2019
    Kyronix said:
    Vet Rewards are slated for the first publish of 2020.
    I see, thanks for the Clarification.

Is this the first time that Veteran Rewards have been delayed to the "New Year" ?

I seem to recall that, usually, before the end of their current Year they usually have been released...

Oh well.... gotta wait some more few months..... let's hope that at least the wait is all worth it and that we'll get some good, usefull Veteran Rewards for 22 whopping Years of active account age use....
    popps said:
    Last year they didn't give us one until the first publish of this year.
    I assume that we won't get any until the first publish of next year.

its still a lil early in this publish, to know everything that this publish will contain.
    Sorry, just read your post.

I missed that last Year's Veteran Rewards were actually released at the beginning of this Year, thanks for reminding it.
  • BenelliBenelli Posts: 27
    Any update to pvp coming in patch 107 @Kyronix
    Krampus Loot Dilution:

After killing Krampus on TC1 and seeing that last years drops are still part of the loot table.  I think Krampus suffers from serious loot dilution this year.

Loot dilution becomes frustrating for multiple reasons.

Quickly examining the loot tables:

This Year:
    Recipe: Bladed Whip
    Recipe: Barbed Whip
    Recipe: Spiked Whip

Inside Coin Purse:
    Alacrity Book
    Scroll of Transcendence Book
    Power Scroll Book
    Naughty Elf Gloves
    Rude Ranger's Tunic
    Broken Wristwatch
    Krampus Stars

10 new possible drops.

Last Year:
    Spiked Whip
    Barbed Whip
    Bladed Whip
    Recipe: Krampus Minion Hat 
    Recipe: Krampus Minion Boots 
    Reward Title "Nice"
    Reward Title "Naughty"
    Reward Title "Punisher"

Inside the Coin Purse:
    Dirty Snowballs
    Golden Branch (2 styles)
    Silver Branch (2 styles)
    Cards of Semidar (7 cards)
    Punishing List

13 possible drop, but 21 actual items

Do the Whip Recipes replace the actual whip drops?  If so that slightly helps with loot dilution.  If not, we are looking at 23 total possible drops this year (31 actual items, 33 if you want to throw in Gargoyle recipes)

The coin purse can still contain NOTHING (other than a small pittance and a couple gems).  Instead of a chance to drop nothing maybe it should be changed to drop the Alacrity/SoT or Power Scroll Book (perhaps a token instead of one of three possible books so people can pick which of these they want) or these should not drop at all.  There are still an abundance of 20th Anniversary tokens floating around where these books can be obtained, not to mention players that regularly sell them as they are not consumable. 

There should be no problem for a returning player finding these books and quite frankly, if I got one of those books in place of an actual limited time drop, I'd be rather irked (empty coin purses are infuriating enough, especially if you play during non prime time and have to spend an couple hours doing 5 line trade orders to spawn and kill Krampus yourself)

For example, our Krampus test on TC1 with 4 characters yielded:
    1 empty coin purse
    1 coin purse: punishing list
    1 coin purse: dirty snowballs
    Krampus Minion Boot recipe

Due to time constraints this was only attempted once by us on TC1.  

Loot dilution has become a big problem with reoccurring content that can lead to frustration for players, which extends beyond just the Krampus encounter outlined above.  It devalues previous years drops to near worthlessness (first year artisan festival rewards and most of the trick-or-treat begging items come to mind) and makes the new drops near impossible to get without sinking massive time on limited time content.

While I understand UO has a rotating active player base, past year rewards are available through the player driven economy and player trade.  Items spawned previous years should have a decreased drop chance over newer items, particularly when the content is available for such a short duration.

TLDR:

Suggest removing the chance for an empty coin purse and strongly recommend reconsidering the addition of the scroll books (or at least consider making a token drop instead).  Maybe if players are concerned about about getting the books they can be added as a choice to future anniversary tokens.

Make last years Krampus items have a lower drop rate than this years new items.

• TanagerTanager Posts: 634
    Please consider allowing the use of the permanent moongates for the Krampus trade runs. This would greatly reduce the massive amount of time needed to spawn a single Krampus so that it feels more like a game and a whole lot less like a tedious chore. On small shards (which is most shards) it can become a seriously daunting task to run enough trade deals to get enough Krampus' to have a small chance to get whichever reward one is after from the boss.

I am with Violet on the loot dilution. New rewards each year are great, but the sheer volume of different items quickly becomes overwhelming and frustrating when you are only after a certain thing, such as a specific recipe. Empty coin purses are a real bummer. The scroll books are a very useful in-game item, and imo would be better off added as a high-end Scribe Bulk Order reward. The whips seem a bit redundant if there are recipes for them.

Has anyone gotten Krampus Stars yet? I am curious what it/they look like!
    Tanager said:
    The scroll books are a very useful in-game item, and imo would be better off added as a high-end Scribe Bulk Order reward. The whips seem a bit redundant if there are recipes for them.

Has anyone gotten Krampus Stars yet? I am curious what it/they look like!
    That's a good idea to add them as a Scribe Bulk Order reward.

From the looks of the trade orders done on TC, Krampus has been spawned only twice (the first 2 days of the patch on tc).  One being our spawning of it and I think I saw some Asian shard players running orders too.  It's just a very tedious thing to test for a small chance to see new rewards with only a very small handful of people running them.