Where is the transcript of the Origin Meet & Greet?

I'm sorry, but I can never find these.  

Comments

• MargeMarge Posts: 720
    There is one on the other forum (can it be mentioned here? I really have no idea) in post titled

REMINDER! Developer Meet and Greet ~ Tuesday, Oct. 15

scroll down to post #7

*now looks for forums rules again while waiting to see if I'm banned forever*

• Acid_RainAcid_Rain Posts: 268
    Marge said:

*now looks for forums rules again while waiting to see if I'm banned forever*

1st time I linked “over there”, I said the same lol... but I’m still here :)

Think it’s ok provided a good reason, ie. to help the community ( That said w/o reading the forum rules, hehe ).

Thanks tho cause I wanted to read it also ;)
  • JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 578
    edited October 2019
    There is no rule against posting links to Stratics!

In fact, everyone working on UO should be grateful that Stratics provided a community for the game when Broadsword could not even care setting up a place for players to talk and meet.

Now they are providing protocols of the M&Gs that neither the mods here nor any dev cares to publish. This is awesome stuff! Dont let any mod here tell otherwise. Stratics has done more for UO than any mod here will ever do. Everybody should proudly link there without having to fear repercussion.
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    I had to remove part of my signature because it linked to Stratics. I was informed that I was stealing their bandwidth.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    @Garth_Grey Please read:

Linking to other sites is fine provided the linked content doesn't, in itself, break our rules.

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    JollyJade said:B973

In fact, everyone working on UO should be grateful that Stratics provided a community for the game when Broadsword could not even care setting up a place for players to talk and meet.

Now they are providing protocols of the M&Gs that neither the mods here nor any dev cares to publish. This is awesome stuff! Dont let any mod here tell otherwise. Stratics has done more for UO than any mod here will ever do. Everybody should proudly link there without having to fear repercussion.
    I have never seen a meet and greet transcript provided by the developers or anyone paid by EA.

In fact,
    Your post has no facts in it.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    edited October 2019
    Pawain said:
    JollyJade said:B973

I have never seen a meet and greet transcript provided by the developers or anyone paid by EA.

In fact,
    Your post has no facts in it.
    Are you trying to troll this thread?

Fact 1) There is no rule against posting links to Stratics
    Fact 2) Stratics provided a community for the game [...] for players to talk and meet
    Fact 3) Now they (Stratics) are providing protocols of the M&Gs that neither the mods here nor any dev cares to publish

Would be nice if Broadsword could provide those though, as they indeed did once in the past: https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/developer-meet-greets/

Check your facts mate @Pawain. Just because you havent seen it, doesnt mean it didnt happen. Your welcome.
  • KirthagKirthag Posts: 541
    edited October 2019

Protocol = official process by which something happens or takes place
    Transcript = written (most times verbatim) record of an event that happened or took place 

I think there is some confusion over the term you're using @JollyJade

The protocol by which the M&Gs take place is published and was updated, as Mariah showed.
    The transcripts of the M&Gs are mostly done by Stratics people (yay!) - and used to be posted by the devs as you pointed out. I'm with you that the devs should have an official and published transcript on their own site - after all, sometimes the journal log function doesn't work.

And that last line is what makes your posts seem rather combative - personally I enjoy your demeanor in the forums (makes for good entertainment) - but you wonder why you seem to get targeted a lot by peeps. That is why.
    Kirthag said:

Transcript = written (most times verbatim) record of an event that happened or took place 

I think there is some confusion over the term you're using @ JollyJade

The protocol by which the M&Gs take place is published and was updated, as Mariah showed.
    The transcripts of the M&Gs are mostly done by Stratics people (yay!) - and used to be posted by the devs as you pointed out. I'm with you that the devs should have an official and published transcript on their own site - after all, sometimes the journal log function doesn't work.

And that last line is what makes your posts seem rather combative - personally I enjoy your demeanor in the forums (makes for good entertainment) - but you wonder why you seem to get targeted a lot by peeps. That is why.
    Ok, maybe I didn't use the correct word. Thanks.

I think this thread here is the only reference to a transcript at all: https://stratics.com/threads/reminder-developer-meet-and-greet-tuesday-oct-15.412743/#post-3021878

You can see how people are begging if someone got a transcript. Unless some random player shows up to save the day.

All I ask is that information being made publically available. The team is naturally there. Why not post a transcript? Just beyond me, sorry.

• LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    I'm usually the one who records and posts the M&G Transcripts. Unfortunately I was unable to attend the last one but there are usually a few other players who will be there to catch it. One of the many reasons I love the UO community. AND there's no law stating that the same people cannot post those here as well. I agree it would be nice for the team to do it, especially on the official forums..it's nice to have a record of all of the M&G's for reference. BUT they are awful busy, I'm just glad that they take the time out of their busy days to come see us in game :)

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    JollyJade said:
    Kirthag said:

I think this thread here is the only reference to a transcript at all: https://stratics.com/threads/reminder-developer-meet-and-greet-tuesday-oct-15.412743/#post-3021878

You can see how people are begging if someone got a transcript. Unless some random player shows up to save the day.

All I ask is that information being made publically available. The team is naturally there. Why not post a transcript? Just beyond me, sorry.

Still fact:
    The developers have never posted the transcripts. 
    Statics does not set the protocol or have anything to do with meet and greets.
    The new stone is the only new thing. That was in a newsletter.
    I forgot what the third on was. 
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • JollyJade said:
    Kirthag said:

Their code is too old to be able to record the meeting...spaghetti, and all that, yes?
  • KirthagKirthag Posts: 541
    edited October 2019

Their code is too old to be able to record the meeting...spaghetti, and all that, yes?
    There is an option for the classic client to save the journal log... but I can never seem to find it when I turn it on - so I give up. I did "turn it on" for this meet and greet - but again, cannot find it.

I took snap-shots of the journal, I suppose I can post all those pics (around 60).

Or... transcribe them myself.

But yeah, It would be good practice for the devs to have their own journal log running to refer back to the conversations held in-game, and posting that shouldn't be too hard for one of them. Maybe assign the shard's EM to the task? Aukmakua was there, so don't see why an EM cannot run the log and post it to their shard board after. @Mesanna

ETA
    We used this waaay back in the day for taking minutes at RP'd meetings, as well as the old HoCs. 
    But now I seriously cannot find the created files... all I can find are patch logs.

Is this still a functioning feature? 

Here's the thing in the CC:

• LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    I just use the EC to record the journal and then copy it into an excel document to edit there, it's fairly simple

Pawain said:
    JollyJade said:
    Kirthag said:

Still fact:
    The developers have never posted the transcripts. 
    Statics does not set the protocol or have anything to do with meet and greets.
    The new stone is the only new thing. That was in a newsletter.
    I forgot what the third on was. 
    Keep splitting hairs mate. If you don't get the point, I can't help you. Others don't seem to have those issues understanding it. Have a nice day. 
  • DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,730
    edited October 2019
    no one saw  mine link at stratics?  below is the link where I put the transcript in the cloud

https://1drv.ms/t/s!AvbqWN9iU8Wggck7TyQoooACvnZqoA
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    Drakelord said:
    no one saw  mine link at stratics?  below is the link where I put the transcript in the cloud

https://1drv.ms/t/s!AvbqWN9iU8Wggck7TyQoooACvnZqoA
    Not that I monitor your every word, but when did you start using "mine" improperly ? Or are you of German descent ? 
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.