Request for Chat Channels

I would like to have chat channels with the "Official" tag in the description; for EM-Events and General Chat, plus any other channels that the devs/EMs use.

People make copies of these and I get confused a little, trying to see if an EM Event is live for example.  The other day on Great Lakes there were 3 EM-Event channels up for a while.  I couldn't tell which one was the official one.  Having the "Official" tag would help me out.  Also, make it so nobody can make copies of these "Official" tags.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• NikardNikard Posts: 164
    Great idea!!

• poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    edited October 2019
    What I would instead like, is for the General Chat Channel to NOT be available from Felucca....

I do not know others, but I find it quite annoying and also, at times, disturbing, to read the text exchanges in between this or that player about their PvPing....

PvP stays in Felucca ?

Well, then have also the text exchanges related to PvP gameplay stay in Felucca....
  • MargeMarge Posts: 720
    When they are trash talking about pvp it is from Luna - not from somewhere in Fel.
  • NikardNikard Posts: 164
    Marge said:
    When they are trash talking about pvp it is from Luna - not from somewhere in Fel.
    Disagree completely. Seperating chat by  felucca / all other rulesets would be FANTASTIC for the game. Why would a guy in Luna talk trash if none of the players he was whining about can see it? 

+10000000000 , why is this not a thing yet?
  • GidgeGidge Posts: 426
    Nikard said:
    Marge said:
    Disagree completely. Seperating chat by  felucca / all other rulesets would be FANTASTIC for the game. Why would a guy in Luna talk trash if none of the players he was whining about can see it? 

+10000000000 , why is this not a thing yet?

Because they have left the playing field and gone to lick their wounds?

How about like hiding the neon homes, there is an option to block someone's chat? oh.. we have that.

Many players live in Felucca and that would be kind of rude to assume they are going to trash talk just because they live there.
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    You can already create your own channel. Just give the channel creator the ability to kick people out, done.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • I'm not concerned about who makes the channels, or facet stuff, just as long as the "Official" channels are properly marked.  That is all I ask - please make the main channels such as; General, Help, Looking for Group, and EM-Event with a marking that cannot be duplicated by regular players.
    I'm not concerned about who makes the channels, or facet stuff, just as long as the "Official" channels are properly marked.  That is all I ask - please make the main channels such as; General, Help, Looking for Group, and EM-Event with a marking that cannot be duplicated by regular players.

BTW your idea is great. They could even do something as simple as a different color for those rooms.  Of course a color that would be discernible to color blind folks.
  • Gidge said:

BTW your idea is great. They could even do something as simple as a different color for those rooms.  Of course a color that would be discernible to color blind folks.
    The color idea is good.  At this point, I'd be up for pretty much anything that distinguishes the main channels from player-made ones.
  • ROFL!  There's 3 "EM Event" channels up now on Great Lakes. wtf?

ROFL!  There's 3 "EM Event" channels up now on Great Lakes. wtf?

What happens is that they are shard crossers and they are popping over and I think the rooms are tied to them. I will have to test this to see. Do you have an event today?
  • Gidge said:
    What happens is that they are shard crossers and they are popping over and I think the rooms are tied to them. I will have to test this to see. Do you have an event today?
    I checked and there was not an event yesterday (Oct. 9th).  The previous one was on the 8th.
  • Gidge said:
    I checked and there was not an event yesterday (Oct. 9th).  The previous one was on the 8th.
    If you join a created chat channel and log out, that channel stays in your profile until you log back in at which time it becomes active again. So say joined a chat from an event in March then log out still in it then I don’t log in again until October, when I do log in, that  channel gets recreated with me as the only member ( until others join it anyway).  So even if they made it with an “ official” tag there could still be 3 or more “official” channels at once
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662

If you join a created chat channel and log out, that channel stays in your profile until you log back in at which time it becomes active again. So say joined a chat from an event in March then log out still in it then I don’t log in again until October, when I do log in, that  channel gets recreated with me as the only member ( until others join it anyway).  So even if they made it with an “ official” tag there could still be 3 or more “official” channels at once
    And this is why there is so much confusion, nights of EM Events.
    If there was an official channel, then when everyone logged in, they would be in the correct channel.

I like the idea of player created channels being another color than the DEV created channels. But if the EM's created a channel, let them have it the same color as the DEV created ones... or the DEVs put EM Event on the list of Channels for every shard.

• Nazghoul_MortisNazghoul_Mortis Posts: 121
    edited October 2019
    Well, if they did away with the "saving of channels when logging out", that would take care of that.  Whether it be by color, or tag (ie, "Official"), they should make a designation that players cannot copy.
  • Well, if they did away with the "saving of channels when logging out", that would take care of that.  Whether it be by color, or tag (ie, "Official"), they should make a designation that players cannot copy.
    Agreed, the best option would be to add it as a permanent channel like general and help. 
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo