Suggestion for Returnees and New Players, Dev's please read

Good evening and thank you for reading :)

I've a suggestion that would be really great for us returnees like myself and new players as well.

--Daily login rewards for subscribers--

Daily login rewards are a great incentive to get people to login, but it also gives a sense that a game is alive while also helping out the struggling new/returning player.

As for UO obviously people pay their accounts monthly to get their veteran rewards and keep their houses. However, these rewards wouldn't be directed towards them nor hurt the vet reward system in anyway since the items would be temporary. They could have the option to not take the reward or trash them for points.

The kind of rewards and time frames could be random each calendar month with the best reward on the 30th day a player logs in consecutively.

Examples:

1. Player logs in 7 days in a row and receives a temporary soul stone fragment (2 uses)

2. Login 2 weeks - commodity deed box (3 to 5 uses)

3. 3 weeks - random dye (1 use) or vanity pet from store (3 days; these temp pets could potentially encourage players to buy the permanent item)

4. Gold coin worth 2 million or so (RNG on the amount of the gold coin)

5. 4 weeks - Shard visitor token (allows the player to visit any shard) good for a round trip there and back. Once the player chooses a shard to visit they would go with what's in their pack and have a time limit of an hour before it would bring them back to their original shard.

Player's could also receive potions that give bonus benefits like luck increase for one character,  or skill gain increase for 30 minutes.

I'm sure a lot of you could come up with even more ideas :)

Anyway, I hope we could see this implemented at some point in the near future.

Comments

• GidgeGidge Posts: 426
    Items would be abused.
    But you could do something like a power hour. (more gains upon first hour of login) like we use to have ages ago.

• If someone is paying for an account and it only accrues if they log in; how would it be considered abused? All MMO's have daily login awards, and I think UO could definitely benefit from this.

These rewards wouldn't take away from UO gold websites or UO store as these are just one use or temp items. Also I should mention these would only be account or character and shard bound.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903

I've a suggestion that would be really great for us returnees like myself and new players as well.

Daily login rewards are a great incentive to get people to login, but it also gives a sense that a game is alive while also helping out the struggling new/returning player.

As for UO obviously people pay their accounts monthly to get their veteran rewards and keep their houses. However, these rewards wouldn't be directed towards them nor hurt the vet reward system in anyway since the items would be temporary. They could have the option to not take the reward or trash them for points.

The kind of rewards and time frames could be random each calendar month with the best reward on the 30th day a player logs in consecutively.

Examples:

1. Player logs in 7 days in a row and receives a temporary soul stone fragment (2 uses)

3. 3 weeks - random dye (1 use) or vanity pet from store (3 days; these temp pets could potentially encourage players to buy the permanent item)

5. 4 weeks - Shard visitor token (allows the player to visit any shard) good for a round trip there and back. Once the player chooses a shard to visit they would go with what's in their pack and have a time limit of an hour before it would bring them back to their original shard.

Player's could also receive potions that give bonus benefits like luck increase for one character,  or skill gain increase for 30 minutes.

Don't we have, already, VETERAN REWARDS which prize the players who contribute in bringing resources for the upkeep of Ultima Online ?

Sure, it IS, to my opinion, a real bummer and totally unfair that a 22, 21, 19, 18, 17 and 16 Years old paying account is valued the same (since they get given the same Reward....) as a 15 Years old paying account ( @Mesanna ? ) but that's another story.....
  • GidgeGidge Posts: 426
    I get what you are saying, but items you have listed would just encourage short term visitors. Once they burn through the goodies. What next? That is part of what sets UO apart from other games is that we are "Not Like Other MMOs"

I think more things to encourage exploration, or explanation of what is in the world...more things to highlight what is in the world, available in the world would better suit a newly subscribed or resubscribed players needs.

I would love to see NPCs take up shop "literally" in towns to encourage interactivity. yes, I know the new town crier has quests, but even I don't even remember to visit there.

Running through the empty towns, empty buildings. They could do like they did TerMur, and even thought I would despise that, it could be built into the building so that when I go in with transparency it disappears. Maybe that could be something for next year.

I think overall, if you are not encouraged to come back next week, we are doing something wrong with what we currently have and that should be altered. We have stuff to keep someone very busy for years! :)

• Yeah I really didn't want to use the "other MMOs" do this, but I need to clarify how this would work differently for UO.

These items should work like the veteran rewards in that only 1 character per account can claim it, any character on the account. The items will then only be usable by that character; just like soulstones work now but you MUST be a subscriber and log in every day in order to claim them.

This is an addition to veteran rewards and housing which already encourages "long term" accounts. These small rewards would help the returnee and new player to log in every day to get them through until they get their long term "permanent" rewards, which as we all know make UO quality of life so much better!!

As a returning player I came back with nothing because like a lot of other people I lost 9 years worth of stuff that I actually did pay for; however we all agree that things do not belong to us when we pay our monthly fees so I'm  not complaining.

The issue is-- how difficult it is to come back, exploring the world is awesome and I did it for many years and still do it now. I'm also happy to be on a low populated shard, but there's no way to buy these items from other players. I don't think the solution is to always buy these items from the store, which truly does take away from the veteran system.

TLDR: Subscriber perk-- Daily log in rewards on a monthly calendar basis. Items can only be claimed by 1 character per account and it is bound to them just like Soulstones. Items are limited to timers and 1 - 3 uses. Must login consecutively to receive them.

It is intended to help new and returning players quality of life until they can get their veteran rewards; hopefully they live long enough to make it. :D JK

• TyrathTyrath Posts: 542
    RuneScape has had a great deal of success with their daily keys. Paid Members log in and get 2 keys to open chest in basically a mini game, free accts get 1 key on daily log in.  rewards from the chest range from low end crafting stuff up to some pretty high end weapons and armor (That are account bound)  ALso can hit some big gold rewards.  I don't really agree with them selling the keys in lots of 10-200 but Jagex does make a fortune from selling them, even if they are kind of pay to win with the experience lamps being in the reward pool.  but everyone gets atleast 1 or 2 keys daily just for logging in and thus a shot at the high end rewards and it keeps A LOT of people logging in and people that log in tend to spend some time playing.  Even though I am not playing mush RS lately I still keep 3 accounts paid up in year long subs because collecting those keys is addictive :)  And RS has its version of vet reward called Loyalty points that you buy stuff with in their store.  And more often than not when I log in to collect keys, I will do a couple of boss runs, a slayer assignment or MINE THE STATIC ORE NODES and add some runite ore to the bank........ Since I can't effectively mine in UO since the change :)

I would not want to see UO implement the same system as the keys for logging in.  However I would not be opposed to some kind of daily reward. Something like 10 Sovs per acct (Not per character) when you log in.  It would motivate people to log in and people that log in have a much higher chance of staying logged in and actually playing.  10 Sovs is not much and over the course of a year logging in daily would amount 3,650 it also would not have any real impact on the store cash sales, if anything based on RS and other games it would probably increase their store sales. 

Something the Dev team and management miss the mark on with UO is the vast majority of people like simple easy to get into the game and  play things.  The more of a PITA they make things to do, the less people like them ........ Despite people paying lip service to  their love of more complex things.  A nice simple tangible reward that adds up over time instead of the fetish with diminishing returns and hoops to jump through would be popular and ultimately a profit center. 
  • KirthagKirthag Posts: 541
    edited October 2019
    Tibia offers boosts for consecutive logins  which last only a certain period of time for the one toon that claims them, account wide.

However, I don't think Soulstone fragments would be a wise item to offer. Most people don't use them until after they've GM'd a few skills, and that could take months in some cases.

Maybe "young" tagged players would get xxx healing potions or bandages. Or a "ghost mount" that lasts for 7 days.
    After dropping the "young", offer up xxx recall scrolls or 5x each reg up to 6 months. 

Would have to be enough of an incentive, but not giving the game away. Also encourage game play and not just logging in for boosts.

About the only other thing that would be worthwhile of offering would be gold *cough* - but the abuse there would be astronomical. Most players new or returning, have the main goal of getting a house. 

Maybe reinstitute the beloved Tent for those who continuously log in from 6 months to 2 years (eta: in account age). Maybe a weekly check on this to keep the tent. Portable housing back in the early days was awesome.

(also eta): getting the gold to buy even a small, secure house, is what drives a lot of people to play. A Tent, with minimal lockdowns, that packs up and is transportable, would be a nice way to help young/new players. Returning players.... well... most have Banks full of stuff. The best way to keep them coming back is to let them at least access their full bank.

Of course, none of this would be usable for EJ accounts.

Is a thought anyway.

• Thank you Tyrath and Kirthag for replying.

Pretty much like both of you said most people have some type of experience with daily rewards, there's a ton of ways it can be done.

Honestly bandaids and such are very easy to get so I would hope that the items would be more useful to both return and new players alike.

2 million gold is a tiny drop in the bucket, but I would make that random. So, if you got a coin bag or something every month it would have a chance of something like 5k, 10k, 100k, and the rare 1 million or 2 and once you open it deposits straight to your bank.

Also, since this is for subscribers they can get the house fairly easy. The hard part is like you said skilling and let me say in today's UO is is extremely tight with all the skills. On top of that, if you're on a low populated shard we need some way of getting to Atlantic to buy and sell. I also would hope this wasn't another buy item on the store.

• KirthagKirthag Posts: 541
    Looking back to why I kept playing, even when I really couldn't afford to, it was the community within which I played that kept me coming back - not so much any other perk in game. I honestly didn't have the gold for a large house until I was almost 6 years in UO.... most of my gold back then was spent on buying suits and paying for repairs to crafters - is why I made a resource-gatherer... is how I made my gold (mine, smelt, sell @ minoc bank, repeat). Back then, the community mattered. 

Many of us forget what it was like with only a couple of toons, living out of the bank-box, and working with others to train, hunt, skill-up, gather this suit or that suit for different types of hunts... I honestly had 8 different suits in my bank, depending upon where the group went hunting and what role I would be on that hunt. Those days are long gone. Everything is so powerful and plentiful...

Now, when a new player comes on board, IF they meet up with other people, suits are given to them - for we are eager to have new blood! We bestow rune books with several marks, hundreds of recalls, bandaids - IF that new person meets up with others. The new player doesn't realize what it takes to get their gear/kit together.. everything is handed to them by others. I fell into doing this myself.... giving a young player a full sorcerer's suit - and they had no concept of gathering reagents... they never needed them. 

kinda kills the game a bit when you think about it.

I'm all for some sort of reward system to help new/returning players to keep coming back - especially on shards other than atlantic. What the only incentives I can think of would be to contribute to skill building (power-hour for the young would be awesome!), housing, and gold.

Returning players are another matter and need a whole different think-tank to work on that.
  • ActionEllyActionElly Posts: 156
    edited October 2019
    True, I don't have a problem keeping myself busy with stuff to do and each day I look forward to my next goal; I got lots of goals. ;)

What you said hits the nail on the head, people forget and things are different now for sure... I can't just gm stuff and get by. We gotta have them PS for everything now and the mega gear.

Especially when you can travel to Atl, and buy everything you need to train your pets, buy your gear and any housing or crafting items that might be hard to get without a group and come right back. I won't be able to travel like that for some time and I don't want to go to Atl.

So these types of perks would seriously help out tremendously, if every month of me logging in and being active I could get a shard visitor token and a few other small items, then waiting another 5 years wouldn't seem so depressing.

• SlissSliss Posts: 282

This is a really easy way to turn an enjoyable game into a chore. People who feel like playing will login regardless. Others will login just to get the reward, and they will grow to hate the experience (and UO) in no time at all.
    I have quit otherwise good MMO's that go nuts with daily quests/rewards stuff. After awhile a realization comes - "You know there is another place where you could do the same boring thing every day, over and over... It's called a job, but they give you money there" 
  • Sliss said:
    This is a really easy way to turn an enjoyable game into a chore. People who feel like playing will login regardless. Others will login just to get the reward, and they will grow to hate the experience (and UO) in no time at all.
    I have quit otherwise good MMO's that go nuts with daily quests/rewards stuff. After awhile a realization comes - "You know there is another place where you could do the same boring thing every day, over and over... It's called a job, but they give you money there" 
    Nooo, you must have been playing some of those loot box, flashy crap type of games. My idea is nothing like those.

In order for this to fit UO, it would be non-flashy a nice quiet icon somewhere that you can click. The items aren't meant for those that already log in to keep their houses alive. It's for people that are playing and need the extra help -- new and returning players.

Vets would have no reason for these items; it would literally be trash for them nor would they take away from the store or gold sellers as I said before.

I am not seeing where new and returning players need extra help with stuff or gold.  Both are insanely easy to come by now days.  I started new characters on a new shard a Month ago and can do any content in game with them now.  And that was without mythic tokens or the Store Starter Pack.  Information is what the new and returning players need more than anything and the Wikis and forums are full of that with a little searching. 

I agree and disagree with Sliss, some games have gone way over the top with that stuff.  Others have used the daily log in incentives to great effect in player retention and keeping new and returning players. 
  • @Tyrath If it wasn't for the most helpful community ever on Lake Superior then I wouldn't be able to get the gear and items I have now.

I'm going to guess you made a Sampire and did it all on your own? That's why you can solo all content; peerless, champ spawns, doom, etc and got your gear and PS in a month?

For me it wasn't easy to come by, I was stuck doing first level shame monsters even though I had 110 to 120 PS from my guild events from years before because of my gear, lol.

Not everyone is going to be this lucky coming back, I guess it depends on the shard's community. It's not enough to expect that from every shard though, and do you really think all new players are going to be able to solo everything in a month?

On LS they hold weekly community events so I was only able to get legendary gear for most of my characters within a month and a half. I guess I'm a major noob :P

Honestly, this isn't about the gold. I'll gladly work for everything the game offers I actually enjoy the grind. It's about all the walls I keep hitting. I'll go through a few of them.

When I came back I was extremely excited about the new taming system; it's what reeled me back in.

After getting decent gear I started the process of taming new pets. Everyone was helpful in teaching me the ropes, all is going good and then it's like well you now need powerscrolls to finish the training process.

So they said go to Atl and get them, dot dot dot. Or I can go online and buy them and some gold, needless to say my pets are all sitting in the bank half trained until I can get there in 5 years or I guess until someone tells me the most legit gold site to buy my stuff from. :D

So, I moved on bought high seas and thought I'll craft, fish and kill pirates; sounds fun. I really hate the idea of pointing arrows down on my skills and losing them because I lost all my soulstones, but since that's how the game was originally that's what I've been doing. It really sucks and even then I still cannot fit all the skills I need in most cases.

Again, I'm to go buy everything online or from the UO store. However, I have already spent $40 and I still need to get time of legends to get in on the masteries. To get everything I need and want I'll have to spend $200 or so dollars. OR the devs could start offering us poor little beggars a few morsels, scraps if you will to us lowly peasants.

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    edited October 2019
    @ActionElly

Talk to Allen.  We are doing the high seas bosses every night.  I can get you some pet scrolls and Soulbinders.  LEXX donated 40k Sand for all of us.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,797
    edited October 2019
    @ Tyrath If it wasn't for the most helpful community ever on Lake Superior then I wouldn't be able to get the gear and items I have now.

I'm going to guess you made a Sampire and did it all on your own? That's why you can solo all content; peerless, champ spawns, doom, etc and got your gear and PS in a month?

For me it wasn't easy to come by, I was stuck doing first level shame monsters even though I had 110 to 120 PS from my guild events from years before because of my gear, lol.

Not everyone is going to be this lucky coming back, I guess it depends on the shard's community. It's not enough to expect that from every shard though, and do you really think all new players are going to be able to solo everything in a month?

On LS they hold weekly community events so I was only able to get legendary gear for most of my characters within a month and a half. I guess I'm a major noob :P

Honestly, this isn't about the gold. I'll gladly work for everything the game offers I actually enjoy the grind. It's about all the walls I keep hitting. I'll go through a few of them.

When I came back I was extremely excited about the new taming system; it's what reeled me back in.

After getting decent gear I started the process of taming new pets. Everyone was helpful in teaching me the ropes, all is going good and then it's like well you now need powerscrolls to finish the training process.

So they said go to Atl and get them, dot dot dot. Or I can go online and buy them and some gold, needless to say my pets are all sitting in the bank half trained until I can get there in 5 years or I guess until someone tells me the most legit gold site to buy my stuff from. :D

So, I moved on bought high seas and thought I'll craft, fish and kill pirates; sounds fun. I really hate the idea of pointing arrows down on my skills and losing them because I lost all my soulstones, but since that's how the game was originally that's what I've been doing. It really sucks and even then I still cannot fit all the skills I need in most cases.

Again, I'm to go buy everything online or from the UO store. However, I have already spent $40 and I still need to get time of legends to get in on the masteries. To get everything I need and want I'll have to spend $200 or so dollars. OR the devs could start offering us poor little beggars a few morsels, scraps if you will to us lowly peasants.

I think you missed his point, he wasn’t saying a new player could do what he did in a month, but that if a player was given the information that he has acquired in his UO lifetime instead of gold and stuffs that they would be able to earn their own gold and items much faster. Too many times you’ll see someone drop gold and gear on a Noob and they’ll play a couple of weeks/months and be gone. But if you were to drop some knowledge on them and guide them through the learning curve you will likely create another addic, errr lifetime UO fan. 
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

@ Tyrath If it wasn't for the most helpful community ever on Lake Superior then I wouldn't be able to get the gear and items I have now.

I think you missed his point, he wasn’t saying a new player could do what he did in a month, but that if a player was given the information that he has acquired in his UO lifetime instead of gold and stuffs that they would be able to earn their own gold and items much faster. Too many times you’ll see someone drop gold and gear on a Noob and they’ll play a couple of weeks/months and be gone. But if you were to drop some knowledge on them and guide them through the learning curve you will likely create another addic, errr lifetime UO fan. 
      That is it exactly.  LOL I have exactly 1 sampire character and rarely use him. To put that in perspective that is 1 character out 1,449.  The characters I use the most are tamers, some flavor of mystic and necro mages.   My absolute most used character is a mystic treasure hunter. 

Ask anyone that has killed me on Siege and they will tell you mongbat has better loot than a Tyrath :)  Yet I make as much or more gold as anyone else on Siege.  I wear mostly the junk quality suits on Prodo, the exception being my max luck suits that are on the high end of max luck suits...... my miner characters wear those :) 

120 scrolls are nice but 115s work just fine for a tamer what you want is 230 total between taming and animal lore and that gives you very reliable control over the pet.  Scrolling pets up is a luxury not a requirement. 

120 mystic and 120 Focus or Imbue is more important for a mystic and 120 lore and tame is for a tamer.  You can do A LOT of high end content with a 120 mystic wearing a junk loot suit.  You can do A LOT of big gold making content with a 110 mystic wearing a even junkier looted suit. 

One small example of how to make tons of gold fast......... Farm the Fairy Dragon/Wyvern Spawn in the abyss.  A 110 mystic does very well there with the wyvern renowned being the only real challenge and it helps to have Spellweaving and a circle to drop WOD on it to avoid the hovering spam healing.  A couple days of farming there and  you have enough gold to buy yer 120 tame and lore :)  A week or so and you have the gold to buy yer tame 3 primer. Maybe much sooner if the RNG does not hate you and you get a few tinkers legs drops.

I am totally excluding EM event item drops and selling them. Talk about EASY Big Gold.  Not even multi boxing (Cheating) you have a reasonable chance of getting a drop worth A LOT of mils. 

You are fixated on 5 years. I assume that is how long until you can get shard shields.  Yep they are nice, nope they are not required to be successful.  If you feel like you have to have crap from atlantic there are plenty of us with shields that will take  yer gold on the home shard and buy what you want with our gold on atl and bring it back for you.  Most of us don't even charge you anything......... Other than what your stuff being brought back cost.

Seems to   me you are too focused on what you can't do or at least think you can't do, instead of everything you can do.  Daily, Weekly or Monthly freebies is not going to change that. 

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator

• Pawain said:
    @ ActionElly

Talk to Allen.  We are doing the high seas bosses every night.  I can get you some pet scrolls and Soulbinders.  LEXX donated 40k Sand for all of us.
    Exactly what I've been saying, everyone is helpful there I've already gave 2k worth of sand myself. :)

• I think you missed his point, he wasn’t saying a new player could do what he did in a month, but that if a player was given the information that he has acquired in his UO lifetime instead of gold and stuffs that they would be able to earn their own gold and items much faster. Too many times you’ll see someone drop gold and gear on a Noob and they’ll play a couple of weeks/months and be gone. But if you were to drop some knowledge on them and guide them through the learning curve you will likely create another addic, errr lifetime UO fan.
    Thanks for clarifying LOL,

I used to run auctions and had a huge guild back in the day. On LS I couldn't tell you how many taming books I created and how many people I helped out. I used to hand out million checks and full LRC/70 suits to noobs. I've got a ton of stories and yes most of the time they didn't last. =/

• Mariah said:

Ahh yeah, I read this right when I came back. It was very helpful!
  • Tyrath said:

That is it exactly.  LOL I have exactly 1 sampire character and rarely use him. To put that in perspective that is 1 character out 1,449.  The characters I use the most are tamers, some flavor of mystic and necro mages.   My absolute most used character is a mystic treasure hunter. 

Ask anyone that has killed me on Siege and they will tell you mongbat has better loot than a Tyrath :)  Yet I make as much or more gold as anyone else on Siege.  I wear mostly the junk quality suits on Prodo, the exception being my max luck suits that are on the high end of max luck suits...... my miner characters wear those :) 

120 scrolls are nice but 115s work just fine for a tamer what you want is 230 total between taming and animal lore and that gives you very reliable control over the pet.  Scrolling pets up is a luxury not a requirement. 

120 mystic and 120 Focus or Imbue is more important for a mystic and 120 lore and tame is for a tamer.  You can do A LOT of high end content with a 120 mystic wearing a junk loot suit.  You can do A LOT of big gold making content with a 110 mystic wearing a even junkier looted suit. 

One small example of how to make tons of gold fast......... Farm the Fairy Dragon/Wyvern Spawn in the abyss.  A 110 mystic does very well there with the wyvern renowned being the only real challenge and it helps to have Spellweaving and a circle to drop WOD on it to avoid the hovering spam healing.  A couple days of farming there and  you have enough gold to buy yer 120 tame and lore :)  A week or so and you have the gold to buy yer tame 3 primer. Maybe much sooner if the RNG does not hate you and you get a few tinkers legs drops.

I am totally excluding EM event item drops and selling them. Talk about EASY Big Gold.  Not even multi boxing (Cheating) you have a reasonable chance of getting a drop worth A LOT of mils. 

You are fixated on 5 years. I assume that is how long until you can get shard shields.  Yep they are nice, nope they are not required to be successful.  If you feel like you have to have crap from atlantic there are plenty of us with shields that will take  yer gold on the home shard and buy what you want with our gold on atl and bring it back for you.  Most of us don't even charge you anything......... Other than what your stuff being brought back cost.

Seems to   me you are too focused on what you can't do or at least think you can't do, instead of everything you can do.  Daily, Weekly or Monthly freebies is not going to change that. 

Well, I do appreciate you offering up advise. The only reason I would say that PS scrolls on pets would be a requirement is if you do a lot of content with groups. If you want to come close to doing any damage as the other pets to get a drop, but I guess this is a moot point if you solo all the content.

It won't take me long to start trying to solo the big stuff because I'm a risk taker and don't care to die. However, It's going to suck converting all my characters; I do have 2 accounts I haven't activated my other one yet because I wanted to see if I could get by without it.

I'm actually more focused on what it will be like for other returning and new players, but I won't lie I'd like to acquire a good bit of what I've lost without spending real money and the only way to do that is by going to ATL.

• ActionEllyActionElly Posts: 156
    edited October 2019
    Well all this talk gave me another idea. Right now I'm on the daily thing because I like daily things.

Anyway,

DAILY DUNGEONS! So our community events could garner some exciting rewards after the souldbinder event.

So for instance,

The daily challenge could be several random dungeons per day in different areas that include free content areas and the High Sea/ TOL areas. As well as both Fel and Ilsh champ spawns.

The challenges could be posted by a pedalstool in Brit Commons when clicked on to accept the quest. Once completed you get special prizes or points from a npc vendor.

New rewards that entice players to want to do this and to buy TOL and HighSea

Such as the: It will cost quite a few points so players will need to work them dailies to get it.

Shard visitor token (allows the player to visit any shard) good for a round trip there and back. Once the player chooses a shard to visit they would go with what's in their pack and have a time limit of an hour before it would bring them back to their original shard. :)

You could also make it to where subscribers get more dailies than EJ accounts.

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    Exactly what I've been saying, everyone is helpful there I've already gave 2k worth of sand myself. :)

Great you can get a bag of ten soulbinders every time you need them.  Just ask.  More Scalis from EQ tonight.  Ill be at a Wedding.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Pawain said:

Great you can get a bag of ten soulbinders every time you need them.  Just ask.  More Scalis from EQ tonight.  Ill be at a Wedding.

Send 400 over to Lake Austin for me :)  I am about out and really not looking forward to mining the sand to make another 400 LOL.
  • JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 578
    edited October 2019

Examples:

Those are great ideas! No need to name them all, but daily rewards deffo make me login to games I wouldnt login to. Would be fun in UO.

Like you earn some random name points with daily quests and after hitting enough points you can buy some cool stuff. Or just like you said a plain login bonus, better than nothing.

I am personally more a fan of daily quests like "kill 20 zombies in haven", "do a t-map", "fish 10 fish", "do a trade quest", "go to dungeon XYZ", etc. as they promote people playing the game over just logging in and out.

Vet rewards are of course a whole different thing, as they dont promote any game activity at all apart from paying accounts on some ea website.

I just feel you are facing a steep uphill battle with the current UO demographics. Easier to just stick to some other game that already provides the fun you are looking for.

However, if Broadsword added that they would prolly add things like "kill cora" to it that are only accessible to like 5% of the players - as usual...
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)
  • Sorry I've been busy with the Halloween stuff and just seen your post. @JollyJade I also posted on the other forum about doing daily dungeon quests. However, I really like your idea of adding some of the other content too!

Hopefully someone can bring it up at a meet and greet or a dev might take note, you never know ;)
  • DasilvaDasilva Posts: 98
    personally i would like to see things of actual value and use be added as some sort of staple in the game for example the bandage belts and spell damage spellbooks that were given out i believe in last years halloween event rather than a bunch of silly deco stuff like throwing a pumpkin at someones head ONLY if they have a throwing pumpkin in their pack as well aka the snowpiles from like what 15 years ago? if not more
  • Yeah, I hope they at least bring back the Treasure of Khaldun at some point since those items were really good. I missed out on all that stuff too.