Idocs

wow so the scripters must have a new script, tonight there was an idoc on atl with at least 50 dolphin rugs the house fell the rugs were picked up before they even hit the floor
looks like another gold seller is gonna have 3 or 4 plat in his pocket after tonight, wonder how long its gonna be before the gms actually do something to stop the idoccers/gold sellers.

Comments

• LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 728
    Hi Dasilva - not saying there weren’t any scripters at the IDOC. There probably were. But those Dolphin, Rose, Skull rugs show up in many pieces. I just checked a Skull rug and it shows up as 28 pieces by my count. 

I thought the exact same thing and mentioned to someone how many skull rugs were in an IDOC I was at. My friend said, nope! That’s just one rug with all the pieces showing up when you use Ctrl/Shift. Davy Jones Locker does that too. Not as many pieces as the rugs tho I don’t think. :-)
  • FortisFortis Posts: 408
    there was 8 dolphin rugs not 50 so yeah with more than 50 people your odds to get one is low
  • You can set up a scavenger client to pick up anything you want in the EC,  don't necessarily need to cheat to "vacuum"  up stuff off the ground.  I know cheating happens, but EC can be used to combat the scripters and give you a chance at grabbing things.
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• TyrathTyrath Posts: 542
    You can set up a scavenger client to pick up anything you want in the EC,  don't necessarily need to cheat to "vacuum"  up stuff off the ground.  I know cheating happens, but EC can be used to combat the scripters and give you a chance at grabbing things.
      I will stick with the CC and Horde Minions that pick everything up that is under 400 stones :) 
  • Tyrath said:
    You can set up a scavenger client to pick up anything you want in the EC,  don't necessarily need to cheat to "vacuum"  up stuff off the ground.  I know cheating happens, but EC can be used to combat the scripters and give you a chance at grabbing things.
      I will stick with the CC and Horde Minions that pick everything up that is under 400 stones :) 
    That too.  :p
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• MordredMordred Posts: 102
    We been asking @Mesanna and @Kyronix to please delete Idocs from the game, the current 5,10,15 hours system, is not working, most of them only fell at 15 hours, only helped the scripters and so much more that we are already tired of explain. We all saw again and over and over and over that particular idocperson aka "dare" to say his name, gating 1,2,3,6+ accounts with 5 packies each, right at front at the idoc, he dont even care in hide his  cheating anymore and right after house goes down, you can check all his 30+ packies filled in less than 30 secs and than he gate all of them right back to luna, i mean   come on, over and over and multiply that by 20+ shards?? For those reasons i would rater see this whole system to be gone.
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    And yet not a single one of you knows how to record a video and post it for others to see. Until you show me a video of a single person filling multiple packies at the same time, I"m gonna call Shennanigans.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
    Cant post videos here as it would break the "ToS" for showing their names
    yeah thats unfortunate 

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • This is a scripting and a trammel issue! Please keep this in mind when suggesting changes or else you'll ruin idocs for places where they work as intended and where script looting is not as big of an issue.

Deleting idocs entirely would maybe serve as revenge against the above mentioned scripter but it would ruin idocs for everyone else too, especially in environments where scripters are a non-issue.

For example idocs work perfectly well on Siege. Houses fall pretty accurately and evenly spread at the 5, 10 or 15 hours mark (sometimes 15 minutes later due to server down time). No changes needed here. If someone were to show up with several pack animals in tow they wouldn't live to see the house fall...neither would the multiple characters that person might bring.

• TimTim Posts: 790
    This is a scripting and a trammel issue! Please keep this in mind when suggesting changes or else you'll ruin idocs for places where they work as intended and where script looting is not as big of an issue.

Deleting idocs entirely would maybe serve as revenge against the above mentioned scripter but it would ruin idocs for everyone else too, especially in environments where scripters are a non-issue.

For example idocs work perfectly well on Siege. Houses fall pretty accurately and evenly spread at the 5, 10 or 15 hours mark (sometimes 15 minutes later due to server down time). No changes needed here. If someone were to show up with several pack animals in tow they wouldn't live to see the house fall...neither would the multiple characters that person might bring.

Unless you have a problem with the whole concept of IDoCs.

I don't think anyone can honestly say they don't know someone who got screwed by the present system one way or another. 

Personally I see it as "the fellow down the street died, I wonder if his house is locked up yet".
  • NikardNikard Posts: 164
    IDOCs should be removed from the game. Easy solution. Devs face bigger issues than "a fair way to distribute FREE items to whiny entitled children." Go next.
  • RafmanRafman Posts: 28
    Nikard said:
    IDOCs should be removed from the game. Easy solution. Devs face bigger issues than "a fair way to distribute FREE items to whiny entitled children." Go next.
    Idocs should remain in the game. Easy solution. Devs face bigger issues than "whining entitled children who are unable to amass as much FREE items as the next guy". Go next.

Absolute statement is absolute statement. 
    This is a scripting and a trammel issue! Please keep this in mind when suggesting changes or else you'll ruin idocs for places where they work as intended and where script looting is not as big of an issue.

Remove the House Sign notification, it's also exploited and abused on Siege and everyone on Siege knows it.

• as posted in the other thread: removing the house sign notification wouldn't change anything. someone who runs scripts to check house signs can just as easily run a script to check for fallen houses.
    It's an absolute good first step.

"Scripters get almost all the loot today!"
    "Here's a way to make it so they get ALL the loot now"
    "It's a good first step"

I think discussion of idocs should be limited to people who actually understand how things work.

Oh and before I forget...

"everybody read and liked this post"
    The fact that you created an account less than a week ago, combined with your 14 posts on the topic, does NOT make you an authority on Idocs, regardless how profound you attest yourself to be. I've been playing UO for 22 years, I'm fairly certain I have a complete understanding of how they work, but I do enjoy reading your replies here as you twist and wiggle in fear of losing your money maker.

Easy solution, just like they did few years ago, when we used to have stuck carpets and stuck carperts all over and same thing with stone walls and stone pavers, when a house.collapse they get instant deleted, make the whole house like that, when house collapse , delete ALL contents, unless the Deve can also create a moving crate for the account bound items only, soulstone, shard shields, the rest , easy solution to stop scripting, take the ability away, delete all.
  • how about we all stick to that other thread and keep the discussion there. so tedious double posting in both ;-)
    Mordred said:
    Easy solution, just like they did few years ago, when we used to have stuck carpets and stuck carperts all over and same thing with stone walls and stone pavers, when a house.collapse they get instant deleted, make the whole house like that, when house collapse , delete ALL contents, unless the Deve can also create a moving crate for the account bound items only, soulstone, shard shields, the rest , easy solution to stop scripting, take the ability away, delete all.
    Obviously they "can" delete all - I agree that would be something easy for them to do vs some other ideas. The question is - why?

If idocs bother you so much - just pretend they deleted them all already and aren't part of the game anymore, and don't go to any anymore? Seems simple enough.

And for those who enjoy actual idocs - we'll wait for other better solutions instead. 
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    how about we all stick to that other thread and keep the discussion there. so tedious double posting in both ;-)
    Good idea.
This discussion has been closed.