5.25% Vendor fees on purchase?

LordGandalfLordGandalf Posts: 43
edited October 2019 in General Discussions
Vendor 5.25% commission fee on each purchase is getting really annoying now. Today any house owner can drop a list of 124items in a bag on 10-72 vendors and set it to 175m and spam vendor search with useless items.

I have also noticed that vendor search keep going down every 30mins approx, and many of my stuff isnt displaying on ATL, not sure if it is related to the amount of items flooding the market on this particular shard.

I suggest reducing the vendor fees for house owners instead of making it completely free before purchase.

For non house owners additional discount earring should be introduced because the cost is much higher and soon everyone will have his own shop instead of collaborating with shop owners = breaking community.
Discord: Gandalf#5361
PRO Guild Leader

Comments

• Seems like the Commission vendors are working exactly as intended and as requested by many many players.

Players can put what they want on vendors now without fees eating up all profit.  Price things accordingly for a one-time, at sale fee.  I highly doubt they will reduce the fee.  It was hotly debated before the publish.

Atlantic's vendor search has always been slow.  It's much slower than less populated shards.  Maybe you can convince them to run ATL on some beefier, extreme server to better handle the workload.  Just a thought.

I hardly think players running vendors out of their own houses is gonna break the community.  Seems a bit overly worrisome.
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    Atl's Vendor Search has NOT always been slow. It's painfully obvious it slowed as soon as this new vendor was added. Before this you could search for anything and everything and get results fast, now you can't.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • GidgeGidge Posts: 426
    I am all for reducing the 5.25 to just 5 for easy math :D

The vendor search was added so people ANYWHERE could set up a vendor and sell their goods in a competing fashion and not have to beg for a luna spot or pay out the wahoooo to someone.

It is glorious to run the land again and run across a vendor. AND it is fun to get a map to a vendor and NOT use the 1000 gold recall and hoof it to them. :D

I can see how the person(people?) using vendors for storage can be a pain, but thankfully the system does show that item is in a bag? Maybe have the bag price be listed so we can just iggy(ignore) those items would be easier.
  • KirthagKirthag Posts: 541
    edited October 2019
    I am liking the commissioned vendor - even for stuff I put up that fills a vendor fast (small stacks of various consumables, bags of SoS or fishing nets, etc.) I no longer have to calculate putting xxx gold on a low-end vendor or baby-sit my hi-end vendor, so I don't lose profit on an item. The taking up house storage is negligible for me and I am enjoying the game a smidgeon more without worrying about managing the vendors.

I am actually spending a bit more time hunting for stuff than doing calculations. :)

The fee is doable.... particularly since it is graduated. Low-end stuff are not charged as much (particularly on stock for returning players or new people) so all is good. 

Am liking them so much, will be putting up more vendors at the YCC! Unheard of, I know!

oh, wanna add...

I've noticed an uptick in visitations. which is why I'm adding more vendors for crafted items. Seems more people are using the Vendor Search than previously on Pac - also getting more messages from people who are looking for this and that - makes the heart purr seeing so much activity. 

Yeah, might be because the "season" and everyone loves Halloween - but people are looking for house add-ons, furniture, and deco, vs armor sets, weapons and pots. Interesting.
  • TanagerTanager Posts: 634
    If they put the bag on the commission vendor, it consumes exactly the same amount of house storage as if they put it in a container in their house. If people think they are ''saving'' storage by using these fee-less vendors, then perhaps the vendor needs to have a REALLY BIG gump explaining how these vendors function when they are placed.
  • KirthagKirthag Posts: 541
    I haven't heard anyone complain about storage. Of course, if someone is vending from a small house, they might hit cap by putting multiple sets or a lot of small bunches. I own castles, so storage isn't a huge issue - but I realize others have small houses (particularly on the Mall Shard). Maybe gump could be a wee bit more clear...

"All individual items on this Commissioned Vendor count toward House Storage"
  • TyrathTyrath Posts: 542
     I love the new vendors and they work exactly as described.  They might need to tweak the vendor search on ATL but these vendors have been a great thing for every other shard.  Could be the real problem here is business is now be conducted by more people and NOT on Atlantic.  Actually finding 120 scrolls and other expensive things on low pop shards that I have not seen available on those shards in years.  This is a good thing.......... Bad thing I guess if your a X sharder selling everything on ATL ;)
    I absolutely love the new vendors.

They need to take house storage in order to prevent the abuse described by the original poster, and those people are only shooting themselves in the foot with their attempt. If vendor search is having issues for that reason alone, then it will resolve itself once those people learn how this works.
  • SlissSliss Posts: 282
    The search has always been a buggy mess. Even if the new vendors are slowing it down, that is a problem with the search, not the vendors. These vendors should have been implemented 15 years ago.
  • GidgeGidge Posts: 426
    edited October 2019
    Tanager said:
    If they put the bag on the commission vendor, it consumes exactly the same amount of house storage as if they put it in a container in their house. If people think they are ''saving'' storage by using these fee-less vendors, then perhaps the vendor needs to have a REALLY BIG gump explaining how these vendors function when they are placed.

Excellent point! Unless they are using the old vendor... Unless we know them and ask, we will never know which they are using.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    Atl's Vendor Search has NOT always been slow. It's painfully obvious it slowed as soon as this new vendor was added. Before this you could search for anything and everything and get results fast, now you can't.
    Atlantic vendor search has been sluggish for years.  I search for pet scrolls regularly.  When Atlantic is busy vendor search can be horrible.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • psychopsycho Posts: 284
    I disagree with what the OP says.
    However I do agree on this: the buggy vendor search. I know, stay in house/inn, none-combat mode etc, but its still unreleliable and most vendor searches ends up with a red text.

Id also like to propose this:
    put a fee on the actual vendor search, not just the teleportation to the vendor.
    Some people dont play the game just camp on vendor search all day, make them pay for it.

• hunter11hunter11 Posts: 223
    use filters and you wont find all of the unneeded items 
  • Gidge said:
    I am all for reducing the 5.25 to just 5 for easy math :D

Probably everyone but the devs would agree.  5.25 was put in because, like everything else lately, it had to be overthought and involve calculations and frustration.  a straight 5% is just too danged simple to be allowed
    edited October 2019
    The auction safe charges 5% fee for the buy now option. I imagine the 5.25% commission fee is an effort to keep the commission fee low without devaluing the veteran reward.
  • TyrathTyrath Posts: 542
    Personally I am thinking a combination of Commission Vendors, Old Style Vendors and Auction Safes is the way to go.  Stuff that moves fast on the Old Style, Slower moving stuff on the commission and expensive stuff in the Auction Safes.