Let's talk VvV

UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204

Let's start talks on how to make VvV better so we can give the team some ideas.

I think the timers are fine and the general idea is fine. I do enjoy most of the town areas.

Dislikes:

1)Trinsic - it's just too large of an area.

2) Yew - also too large coverage area and everyone already stays there

3)The window size and the fact you can't exit out of it (artwork is great just too large)

4) There really isn't a point other than collecting points for items

5) Turning sigs into either red or blue has no impact on anything

6) No way to locate the active town without log out/in

7) No way to know when horses are going to disappear.

What I would like to see done:

Add a way to locate active town.

Trim the coverage area or exclude trinsic and yew.

Add some points for fighting outside of active town areas. 10 points per kill per character per hour? Nothing that could be abused, just a small reward for participation.

Trim the gameplay window down or able to minimize it.

Add in a way to know when horses will vanish. Maybe just put a countdown timer on each one?

Add Vice leader election. Add Virtue leader election. No rewards just the title. 

Add ability to pledge allegiance to towns with titles given depending on gameplay in town.

Add ability to join either team red or team blue while remaining orange to everyone not in guild/alliance.

Have action create a reaction in Tram that can include non VvV members. The following is just pure example. Say if Vice wins Minoc, a captain like creature will spawn in Tram Minoc that will give say minax turn in artifacts. If Virtue wins, create something with an opposite reward say a couple 115 powerscrolls. Nothing extremely major but still disposable and usable items that will keep people busy and include everyone.

Agree? Disagree? Add your imput and let's have a discussion.

Comments

• LynkLynk Posts: 185
    Id rather they just address the existing Pvap imbalances.
  • Delete VvV and bring back factions.  Lower sigil corrupt timer and add couple new bases.  VvV was a terrible idea.
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    I don't pvp, so I don't really know anything about VvV.
    but you bring up a good point about boundaries... 

I have a fel castle and use a teleporter from Luna to get there...
    Its frustrating that sometimes I can't go to my home, cause there is a VvV active town.

At this location, I can't go there when its active in Brit or Minoc.
    Or if I'm there putting something away it will ask me if I want to teleport to the nearest moongate.
    the boundaries should be lot closer to the towns
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    edited October 2019

@Cinderella

Oh wow. I assumed the boundary ended when you left guardzone. You need to report this.

Delete VvV and bring back factions.  Lower sigil corrupt timer and add couple new bases.  VvV was a terrible idea.

I'll pass on going back to choke fights. Towns offer more freedom than who can field the longest.
    Lynk said:
    Id rather they just address the existing Pvap imbalances.

True, but they'll also get around to this at some point. We might as well put some ideas down for future reference.
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656
    IMO the idea behind VvV was solid, it’s implementation was deeply flawed.
  • BenelliBenelli Posts: 27
    For the love of god fix pvp balances before even think about adjusting the “pvp” Vvv system 
  • CetricCetric Posts: 152

- Add a way to locate active town.  Just a simple command

- Add a way to minimize the VvV window (have it start minimized, it pops up on screen now and covers most of the play window)

- Freshen up VvV rewards.  For example, new VvV exlusive mount colors besides red/blue horses/ostards. (also as op said, have a way to monitor the time the mount has left)

- Build a fel town buff (like trammel town buff/governor system) into fel/VvV.  Perhaps use a small amount (say 100) VvV points per use

- Give a reason to win the town.  For example, at the town completion if X amount of alters were captured and x amount of kills occurred have a mini boss spawn that drops highly desirable item/items (something to fight for/defend to get)  Make VvV towns a destination, not an afterthought for PvP.  Maybe as has been stated before, like an item that can "powder" antique jewels or something - whatever it is, it would be great if it were as desirable as power scrolls.  Make that item/items shard bound to prevent farming on a dead quiet shard that occurs today with power scrolls.

- Add Vesper and Nujelm to the town rotation maybe, seems like they'd be fun to fight in strategically.

- Consider adding Dungeons to the town rotation on a lesser basis.  Might be kind of interesting.

- Remove Stealing concepts from VvV entirely.  Since its inception the only thing stealing has lead credence to is abusing the point gain/reward system.

• BenelliBenelli Posts: 27
    2nd the fix the current pvp imbalances before thinking about doing anything else pvp related 
    Cetric said:

- Build a fel town buff (like trammel town buff/governor system) into fel/VvV.  Perhaps use a small amount (say 100) VvV points per use

- Give a reason to win the town.  For example, at the town completion if X amount of alters were captured and x amount of kills occurred have a mini boss spawn that drops highly desirable item/items (something to fight for/defend to get)  Make VvV towns a destination, not an afterthought for PvP.  Maybe as has been stated before, like an item that can "powder" antique jewels or something - whatever it is, it would be great if it were as desirable as power scrolls.  Make that item/items shard bound to prevent farming on a dead quiet shard that occurs today with power scrolls.

- Add Vesper and Nujelm to the town rotation maybe, seems like they'd be fun to fight in strategically.

- Consider adding Dungeons to the town rotation on a lesser basis.  Might be kind of interesting.

- Remove Stealing concepts from VvV entirely.  Since its inception the only thing stealing has lead credence to is abusing the point gain/reward system.

The buff idea would be fantastic and would be tie in perfectly to my idea of committing to a town. Costing points would force people to get away from yew if the buffs were better than tram.

Your second idea is also a good one. Maybe if they could add in action/reaction if virtue wins a mini boss spawns in fel and if vice wins a mini boss spawns in tram. Good thinking!

I wouldn't agree with pof for antique until these above mod items are gone.

Nujelm would be fun. Vesper is too large an area. Del and Pap would also be fun.

Dungeons would be total carnage lol.

Hush your tongue about my stealing. ;)