I love Halloween in UO

so much fun stuff !!!
Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 

Comments

• Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    I like it too, here's a thought @Kyronix
    Next year code the named bones to also make the skeleton spawn with that players suit on, and there's a chance that one item will drop as a "replica". That would be kind of cool I think.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • All autumn is fantastic! So much to do , someting(s) for everyone!  And pumpkinz :p

• LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 728
    So fun!

I don't have a ton of patience for the Trick or Treating. I'd like to see the drops rotated out. So when you do get a drop it's a new item. Leave the older items behind for awhile and revisit them again in a few years. I think a big bowl of candy would be a fun addition! 

You can do a homemade one but most of the candy shifts Left.

Love that idea @Garth_Grey
    The spawn rate for Grimms is down right abysmal. There should be a Halloween NPC Farmer that sells the pumpkins for carving or give us, oh idk,PUMPKIN SEEDS !! and then you have to obtain kits. I just checked 12 farm spots, not a single Grimm and no visible corpse of the last one that might have been killed. @Kyronix . I hate to keep asking for things as if I'm lazy, but I don't think this is a lazy request. 

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
    22 minutes later there hasn't been a single one spawn. This can't be by design, can it ?

edited October 2019
    15 minutes later than last time, and still nothing, and I'm a single player. Now imagine this is the spawn rate for the entire shard @Kyronix , is it possible some type of spawn engine has failed ? 

• LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 728
    Pumpkin seeds! 

Are you clearing the pumpkins from the fields? That will spur on the spawn.

The farms wouldn't be quite so tedious if the pumpkins weren't so clumsy to get rid of. They weigh so much it's hard to pick all that many before you have to call out and dump them somewhere. And if you kill a nearby creatures to dump the pumpkins, the bodies can't hold many and take a good while to disappear. I don't know if there are any critters that'll eat them. I know horses don't. It would help if they did.

edited October 2019
    In the interest of fairness, after an hour plus, 5 finally spawned in random fields, of which 2 had carve able pumpkins on them. Someone else must have been working the fields as one of them was picked completely clean of the small pumpkins. As of 2 minutes ago the field had fully spawned back with small ones, no Grimms. In my opinion, the Grimms should have a slight chance of a kit drop, the Butchers a greater chance, and we should have colored pumpkin seeds already. As everyone knows, in real life, pumpkins are easy to come by, decent carving kits not so much.

• KirthagKirthag Posts: 541
    In the interest of fairness, after an hour plus, 5 finally spawned in random fields, of which 2 had carve able pumpkins on them. Someone else must have been working the fields as one of them was picked completely clean of the small pumpkins. As of 2 minutes ago the field had fully spawned back with small ones, no Grimms. In my opinion, the Grimms should have a slight chance of a kit drop, the Butchers a greater chance, and we should have colored pumpkin seeds already. As everyone knows, in real life, pumpkins are easy to come by, decent carving kits not so much.
    +1
  • TyrathTyrath Posts: 542
    LilyGrace said:
    Pumpkin seeds! 

Are you clearing the pumpkins from the fields? That will spur on the spawn.

The farms wouldn't be quite so tedious if the pumpkins weren't so clumsy to get rid of. They weigh so much it's hard to pick all that many before you have to call out and dump them somewhere. And if you kill a nearby creatures to dump the pumpkins, the bodies can't hold many and take a good while to disappear. I don't know if there are any critters that'll eat them. I know horses don't. It would help if they did.

Use a necro with a horde minion....... minion picks them up on its own and just dismiss it when it is full.
    edited October 2019
    I emptied out an entire field of every pumpkin 30 minutes ago, not a single pumpkin has respawned. This isn't fun and certainly isn't a good use of my time @Kyronix . The old pumpkins are to the NW of me and have already started decaying since I pulled them up. This picture was taken 30 minutes after that.

• Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    Unless things have changed, moving the pumpkins to the edge of the field doesn't work, that's why they're not re-spawning, and why people use goats and horde minions for clearing fields.  Put the pumpkins in leather bags and feed them to a goat. 
    I don't mean to keep pounding this issue, but at least on LA where I'm currently playing, somethings wrong. The moonglow spawn went ape s**t on me while killing a Butcher, to the point I was overan by the small guys and brutalized, killed both me and my pet. I go get rezzed rez the pet and I find a single skeleton of me in one graveyard only, no named bones of course, because well, RNG and all. Maybe that's normal idk, but I think I'm done with this, at least for today. Maybe someone else will chime in with better results where they are.

• KirthagKirthag Posts: 541
    What Petra said.
    Pumpkins need to be completely gone to spur a respawn. Not even crossing server lines with them will help. 

On Pac, everything seems to be going as normal (haven't gone to Khaldun yet tho). 

Be safe this Samhain!
  • HippoHippo Posts: 267
    I use my wraith archer and like Tyrath says, I cast a horde minion to auto p/u pumpkins - once full, I dismiss him and summon another, rinse and repeat...
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    Something must be wrong on LA.  When I log on each day I go to each pumpkin field, kill the Grimms and always have 4 pumpkins when I am on the last field.  Then go to graveyards and kill the Butchers and by 2 graveyard runs I have 4 kits.  I do not mess with the little pumpkins.

Then I decorate Luna with the Carved Pumpkins.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    I don't mean to keep pounding this issue, but at least on LA where I'm currently playing, somethings wrong. The moonglow spawn went ape s**t on me while killing a Butcher, to the point I was overan by the small guys and brutalized, killed both me and my pet. I go get rezzed rez the pet and I find a single skeleton of me in one graveyard only, no named bones of course, because well, RNG and all. Maybe that's normal idk, but I think I'm done with this, at least for today. Maybe someone else will chime in with better results where they are.

I think that tends to happen when I drag PERVERT, Santa Clause, Skeletor and the bad named characters into the Vesper Cem with a wandering healer and rapid suicide 100 times.  Someone else on LA was complaining about how many PERVERTs materialized in Cove cem during one of my self killing sprees.  So I ran over to Cove cem and it was like wall to Wall PERVERT's .   But hey the best way to get yer bones is by volume :)   Getting ready to mass suicide the Easter Bunny in a few minutes.
     ANd the very 1st Easter Bunny I killed yielded a decent set of bones :)