Necromancy

I'm going to preface this with, I think necromancy is great and as much as I dislike the conept of sampires I none of this is against them.

I have some gripes about a few things. 

1. Familiars don't recall.
2. Horrific beast damage bonus is counted to the Di item cap.
3. Horrific beast wrestling damage seems low.
4.  The mastery bonus to summons is a joke because improving their basically nonexistent stats doesn't really do much.
5.  Having negative karma doesn't do anything besides let the dark wisp give more mana and let you use the villainous armor set.
6.  Why can't a lich ride a mount?  They seem pretty spry.
7.  Why can't a necromancer revive someone from death, isn't that kinda their specialty?
8.  Spirit speak is awesome, but not being protected in any way and having a wicked cooldown makes it very difficult to use at times.
9.  Control undead... Is great but losing control during down time, random disconnect, server crash, occasionally crossing server lines etc... Is ... Annoying. Wish there was some kind of bond for them so I can have obedient servants.
10.  Command undead can be tedious without Margery.  Having them constantly stressed on me after control etc.

I'm sure there's more and I'll probably add to it.  Thematically all my characters are necromancers, so I work with this a lot.  Thoughts?
Tagged:

Comments

• 11.  Slayer not applying to any necromancy spell (wither, poison strike).
    12.  No -skill necromancy weapons.
    13.  Positive karma peeps can chill with positive karma creatures yet max negative karma people can rip the bones out of a demon, give it life and still get no respect from even a lowly skeleton.
    14.  When training pets, negative karma players can't train chiv, yet positive karma people can raise nercomancy masters all day.
    15.  Exorcism.... Has never worked right.
    16. Dark wolf ability does not apply to cu's, because... Reasons?

Think that's almost it...
  • Forgot about this one, haha poor necros, no one cares unless it's about their precious sampires.
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    11.  Slayer not applying to any necromancy spell (wither, poison strike).
    13.  Positive karma peeps can chill with positive karma creatures yet max negative karma people can rip the bones out of a demon, give it life and still get no respect from even a lowly skeleton.
    14.  When training pets, negative karma players can't train chiv, yet positive karma people can raise nercomancy masters all day.

#16 was heavily abused. I could only imagine how it could be now with a fully scrolled one. Not sure if it still works with Kitsunes or not?

Other than that you raise some good points.

• RockStaRRockStaR Posts: 168
    @Urge ; the cu and kitsunes stil do work... just depends on if you already had them or not.... they work for the characters that do have the dark wolf in the stables. but it's only old characters that can do it now
  • Urge said:
    11.  Slayer not applying to any necromancy spell (wither, poison strike).

#16 was heavily abused. I could only imagine how it could be now with a fully scrolled one. Not sure if it still works with Kitsunes or not?

Other than that you raise some good points.

Yeah bakes work, and other wolfs, just cu's weren't working for me anymore.
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    Good questions...necro does need some reworking.  Would be great if they gave it some thought.
  • RockRock Posts: 567

8.  Spirit speak is awesome, but not being protected in any way and having a wicked cooldown makes it very difficult to use at times.

This is the one that bothers me most.  Why does the magery Protection spell allow one to cast heals, but not protect against Spirit Speak being interrupted? I haven't noticed cooldown on SS being particularly long.  Guess I'm used to its few-second recharge time.
    Rock (formerly Imperterritus VXt, Baja)