UI Assistance

MissEMissE Posts: 776
edited October 2019 in General Discussions
So I loaded up Pinco's for the first time in ages to see if the lag I get with that UI had improved any. It hasn't, it is still like trying to play in quicksand. 

Went back to the Default UI to find that my Journal  has now completely disappeared, on all characters on any account I log into, as has the spell text above my head when casting heal etc.

In fact, just checked ALL MY OVERHEAD TEXT has disappeared, spells, chat, pet commands, the lot. I get no text at all.

Any ideas on how to get it back, I cannot play without a journal or text.

I am also getting a script error message when loading up the game in the default UI on the patch screen.

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum

Comments

• KirthagKirthag Posts: 541
    edited October 2019
    uh oh
    that is the Patch Notes on UO.COM (the  wordpress portion of the domain) which is down - should not affect the game play if you are fully patched up.

Euro keeps crashing/reverting... then uo.com base domain, and now the patch server...

didn't we have similar issues last anniversary time with Euro/uo.com/patch having problems? I seem to remember this pattern....

• MissEMissE Posts: 776
    edited October 2019
    pinco's patched alright, when i went back to default all my journal and overhead text has disappeared tho.  I was getting that patch error before patching pinco's on the default client.

wont be playing until I can get a fix though.  Impossible, you cant talk or communicate in any way.

I did a full file check and have also tested by deleting the whole user data file on one character and re logging and everything is missing on that char as it is on the others.

the journal and overhead text is fine in pinco's although I cant play that client due to it being like playing in a bog.

Cheers MissE

• KirthagKirthag Posts: 541
    edited October 2019
    sorry... is not the patch itself, but the patch notes which live in the uo.com (wordpress) site... which is down.

maybe something during he pinco's patch wiped the local file? happened to me a looooong time ago (part of why I don't use it - was a PITA redoing all my macros which went poof)
    Yes well unless i get some assistance i cannot play, everything works fine as far as macro's and everything, just no journal, overhead text or chat.  Makes it hard to play if you can't communicate or read anything.

Cheers MissE

Ok well i just rebooted my computer, logged into UO using pinco's UI Patcher, but then selected default UI and it was ok, so logged out of that and rebooted the client using the normal UO patch screen and everything now seems normal.

Darned if I know what the problem was.

Cheers MissE

• PincoPinco Posts: 20
    If you have problems with my UI you should get on discord and report them instead of just ignore them.... noone else is having any lag problem so it must be a problem on your end that I could help you solve :smile: