Castle designs with few walls or doors?

I'm looking at the castle design winners and I'm not seeing many doors or walls.  What am I missing?  Why would castles be accepted as winners without those things?

Comments

• CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    since you can now craft the doors and wall pieces... that's why they were left out. 
    I like arches, others like doors... and in some places you can just wall it off if you choose.

• CookieCookie Posts: 1,246

I just want massive space. :)

I cannot be contained!

• devettsdevetts Posts: 4
    edited September 2019

The problem, of course, is the argument for not allowing customizable keeps and castles is that it takes too much server space because it has to load all the variables, as opposed to a pre-set specific home stored on the server.

When you have to build walls and doors and lock them down to make rooms from Wide Open spaces, you're essentially doing the very thing that is being said uses too much server space for customizable homes of those two sizes.

I do like a floor that wide open sometimes, but more often than not, I prefer rooms, and would want at least two floors with rooms.  I'd think that devs would encourage that also...to save server space.

• We simply need both rooms and some open area with options for putting in masonry walls. A few walls is nothing compared to put in extra floors and walls in classic castles. I have done both. But it looks like people not using classic stone sometimes leave huge rooms , not thinking of that the classic stone are the only walls we have to use and they just dont look right in sandstone  or wooden buildings.. Or perhaps they build for malls or museums? There are so many ways to use large buildings nothing will fit all of us by far. I hope to see a deacent outside with not much wasted space or eye catching materials , and interior that let the deco speak and is just plain and supporting , we have so much great deco items . I dont want a colourful complicated inside that kills my deco .
  • Ezekiel_ZaneEzekiel_Zane Posts: 326
    edited September 2019

At this point I find none of their reasons, for not just letting us customize our own keeps and castles, to be valid.

Server storage:  Please, storage is down to 4GB/$ or less in bulk.

Lag:  Can be handled and should only be a minor problem in the castle parks.  Honestly, what's in the castle causes more lag than the building does itself.  Forcing us to utilize crafted walls defeats this entirely anyway.  Plus every one of the new designs has a larger data footprint than that of the classic two level castle does.

Eyesores:  Well...

I enjoy the contest for the creativity and design aspect of it.  I am however pretty disgusted with the voting.

The single biggest thing I want the most is to build my own damn castle.  Seriously bored with most the rest of the game.
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656

At this point I find none of their reasons, for not just letting us customize our own keeps and castles, to be valid.

Server storage:  Please, storage is down to 4GB/$ or less in bulk.

Lag:  Can be handled and should only be a minor problem in the castle parks.  Honestly, what's in the castle causes more lag than the building does itself.  Forcing us to utilize crafted walls defeats this entirely anyway.  Plus every one of the new designs has a larger data footprint than that of the classic two level castle does.

Eyesores:  Well...

I enjoy the contest for the creativity and design aspect of it.  I am however pretty disgusted with the voting.

The single biggest thing I want the most is to build my own damn castle.  Seriously bored with most the rest of the game.
    There is a pretty easy middle ground that would satisfy players and make UO some money as well.  Let us buy a token that adds our custom design on test to the winners list that becomes available on production.  Must follow the same rules as the contest (no buying a token and adding an empty plot).

win/win/win