Legacy Phoenix 2

Since my last post got closed??? 'a reason' might have been nice rather than just quoting part of a reply as a reason.
Mesanna also said they would look at the artwork again as they didn't realise it would be such a clash with the champ spawn.

Is this how these forums are going to be run? close honest discussion with "made up" reasons.....

Comments

• PapaSmurfPapaSmurf Posts: 112
    I dont use stratics so never got to read it until now  :)
    https://stratics.com/ams/developer-meet-and-greet-arirang-june-19th-2017.345/

• SlayviteSlayvite Posts: 113
    It's been asked at many M&G's with different answers and reasons, none have any real substance.......it looked like an eagle....
    ....have you looked at hellhounds?...red dogs..., hell cats.....red cats.....Macaws are re-hued eagles....frost dragon are blue dragons...firesteed are orange horses....nightmares are black re-hued horses....on and on ect.

Never been given the REAL reason.
  • This year's winner for the first UO Forum board ban goes to.....
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    Is this what we have to look forward to here ? Some random person closing a thread on a whim ?
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • Probably
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies
  • AbyssAbyss Posts: 3
    I liked the old phoenix better *ducks*
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    I think they could have compromised...I know the pvp'rs were complaining that it was very fast and too small to target to kill...that makes sense, so instead of going the total opposite direction and making it huge and slow and unable to fly...(I personally like the bright colors) maybe shrink it down a TINY bit....make it look more like it used to....tone the colors down a bit....maybe our lovely art team can come up with something :)

• CazadorCazador Posts: 83
    I think #AllPhoenixHues Matter! All jokes aside. I think they changed it for targeting issues, especially in 2D. I just wish a 12 yr old did it. The 8 year old version sucks. <span>:naughty:</span>
  • CazadorCazador Posts: 83
    Btw..change that emote to mischievous not naughty <span>:lol:</span>
  • ThrakkarThrakkar Posts: 46
    Ugh, not again the "my eagle doesn't have phoenix stats"-discussion :#
  • SwordofExcaliburSwordofExcalibur Posts: 95
    edited March 2018

Give me original phoenix or give me death.  Or preferably light flogging and no death.
    Dennis the Peasant: "Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony." 
    Arthur: "Be quiet!" 
    Dennis: "You can't expect to wield supreme power just 'cause some watery tart threw a sword at you!” 
    Monty Python & the Holy Grail
  • I think the best fix to this would be that they make two different types of phoenix. One that looks like the old version, and one that looks like the new version. The small one using the old graphics could be a lesser phoenix, perhaps with less slots.
    I'm one of the people that actually like the new phoenix look and would rather they didn't change it back. But I do see how people would prefer it as the old one as well.
  • SableSable Posts: 239
    Rothwynn, are you one of those rare diplomatic people on the internet?  Be careful, the rares collectors might come after you.  I could go for your solutions, even if they made both versions have the same stats.  You could have them spawn in different locations to give tamers reasons for visiting/hunting in different locations.
  • I prefer the old phoenix myself
  • FeigrFeigr Posts: 452
    I like the new one... Maybe a reduced size is the answer though.  It's a bit bulky.
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,311
    Please bring back the old Phoenix !!!
  • Old phoenix +1 vote
    ICQ - 678566021
  • SableSable Posts: 239
    I vote New Phoenix or Rothwynn's suggestion
  • I think the best fix to this would be that they make two different types of phoenix. One that looks like the old version, and one that looks like the new version. The small one using the old graphics could be a lesser phoenix, perhaps with less slots.
    I'm one of the people that actually like the new phoenix look and would rather they didn't change it back. But I do see how people would prefer it as the old one as well.
    you have a great idea, but one thing, The new Phoenix should be the "lesser" phoenix. But my final vote is bring back the original Phoenix, she deserves to be more than a god awful rainbow puke turkey
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

It makes me all warm and fuzzy to see so many other that still have some taste left in UO and have not been drowned by all the recent "neon" colours and cartoon pets.  o:)
  • TyrathTyrath Posts: 542
    My theory on how the new what ever it is came to be (Can't call this abomination a Phoenix).  Someone went to the bar and had one to many Jello Shots and passed out on a white carpet.  When they woke up and saw the puke art on the carpet........... the whatever it is now was inspired and shortly after born.
  • My reason for the lesser being the old red eagle is pretty simple; it is smaller.
    They finally update the art for their rehues, and people complain..
    But we cannot all like the same things. Some likes changes and some don't. That's why I stand by my idea of two versions. That way there is something for everyone.

• PegasusPegasus Posts: 5
    I like the new one. :)

• FeigrFeigr Posts: 452
    This just shows that the more one person harps about an issue the more people change their minds.  When he was first harping on it not many really agreed.
    If they were updating the art on "all" re-hued pets then i would have less of an arguement..
    ..but they are not and have shown zero interest in updating any other re-hued pet for new art.
  • Slayvite said:
    If they were updating the art on "all" re-hued pets then i would have less of an arguement..
    ..but they are not and have shown zero interest in updating any other re-hued pet for new art.

There could be many reasons for this, you know. And if there is an outcry like this when they change one tiny bird, I can understand if they would be hesitant in updating more of the old rehues.

And it's funny, because as you find it negative that they 'only' update one of the old rehues, I find it positive that at least something got updated. It's all a matter of how you see things.

I see things just like eveybody else does.
    Mess with stuff i'm not interested in and i don't really mind, 
    mess with stuff i was doing and i'm outraged.

See, i'm just as sane as everyone else  ;)
  • Rothwynn_EsterosRothwynn_Esteros Posts: 36
    edited March 2018

I'm not sure how sane it is getting outraged by something as unimportant as this, but you go girl. Do your thing.
    I just hope that if they should decide to change the phoenix, the would go with something along the lines of what I already suggested.

Anyways, I'm out of here before they lock this one as well. So, happy complaining. ;)

• TyrathTyrath Posts: 542
      Why keeping fixing what is not broken that everyone is happy with or atleast has no opinion on?
  • I'm not sure how sane it is getting outraged by something as unimportant as this, but you go girl. Do your thing.
    I just hope that if they should decide to change the phoenix, the would go with something along the lines of what I already suggested.

Anyways, I'm out of here before they lock this one as well. So, happy complaining. ;)

if you don't complain when you disagree with things that happen. Things keep happening that you disagree with.  ;)
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo