Remove trap process vs skill level

When I started training remove trap I was doing supply maps.  Between 28 and 75 skill I would use remove trap on the chest and the process would start.  At each interval a damaging explosion would happen and a guardian would spawn, unless the previous guardian was still alive.  This process would continue without halting until the trap was disarmed.  Based on the patch notes, this is exactly what I expected.

However, now I am at 100 skill (through 25 SoT).  Now I start the remove trap process, and regardless of how close I stand to the chest or what level map I use, every guardian triggers a lock jam that spawns a guardian.  The difference is that now every single time I have to restart the remove trap process.  This is not how I understood the patch notes to read and I am honestly a bit frustrated that after having GM skill and standing right next to the chest that I am constantly having to restart the remove trap process.  @Kyronix / @Treasure hunters... is this working as intended?  Is this what everyone else is dealing with?

Comments

• JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 578
    edited September 2019
    I thought the "intended" version worked like spawning guardians for a fixed amount of time (depending on the level), and only after that time allowing to unlock. But I didn't bother doing those myself as the chest contents are not nearly worth the added effort anyway.
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656
    It was my reading that the only time we would need to restart the remove trap process would be if we moved more than 16 tiles from the chest.  @Kyronix  Any comment as to if what I am experiencing is working as intended (and the notes need to be updated)?
  • BasaraBasara Posts: 163
    And, why some of us always have had to restart after each monster from level 1 maps up, even if I never move? Merus' complaint originally confused me as my RT never worked like theirs. The only difference between 1-3 & 4-5 for me was the text of the monster popping, as RT always stops for me.