Dark Guardian Room Change

MerusMerus Posts: 656
edited September 2019 in General Discussions
When did they change the number of guardians that spawn in the Doom Dark Guardian room?  Used to be that summons would increase the number of guardians that spawned... today not so much.  I don't remember seeing that in any publish notes.

Comments

• Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,797
    edited September 2019
    Two Guardians spawn for each character/pet in the room.  been like this forever the pet is not counted if you are riding it though.

A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• MerusMerus Posts: 656
    Two Guardians spawn for each character/pet in the room.  been like this forever the pet is not counted if you are riding it though.

It has been exactly that way.  I went today with my mystic/weaver and could not get more than 2 guardians total to spawn no matter what I tried... 

I normally summon 5 pixies... tried that... 2 guardians...
    Summoned an RC... 2 guardians...
    I brought down a horse... 2 guardians...
    I created an EJ account and brought down another character... 2 guardians...
  • must have changed with the recent patch, i'll check a few as well.

• Tried it on Cats, Siege and Origin,  two guardians only with me and my Pet(s) @Kyronix ; Stealth nerf or unintended change?

• KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,110Dev
    This was an exploit fix.  That's all I can comment about that.  
  • Good enough for me, thanks for the reply.

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    hehe No more bags of T maps.  I missed out on it.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • not to mention all the gold skulls

• Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    So mirror image was an exploit ? seriously ?
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • TyrathTyrath Posts: 542
    Kyronix said:
    This was an exploit fix.  That's all I can comment about that.  
       Might consider capping it at 4 instead of 2 but how it was being used was more than a bit over the top....... Obviously.
  • JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 578
    edited September 2019
    Pretty lame but it was fun while the room worked as designed. Wasn't even in the patch notes @Kyronix
    . Good find. Another day, another nerf :)
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)
    edited September 2019
    Pawain said:
    hehe No more bags of T maps.  I missed out on it.
    Yea was good cleanup points. Devs should have capped it at 10 guardians (1 person + 5 followers), but seems the lame road was quicker so they went this one  :| RIP dark guardian room.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    All is not lost. You still get maps and if you wait a minute you get two more maps if it is just you in there.  I have confirmed that a second paid character in the room with you will give you two additional guardians to kill. That is four guardians at a time instead of two.  I have not checked what happens if an EJ character is in the room with you.
    edited September 2019
    TimSt said:
    All is not lost. You still get maps and if you wait a minute you get two more maps if it is just you in there.  I have confirmed that a second paid character in the room with you will give you two additional guardians to kill. That is four guardians at a time instead of two.  I have not checked what happens if an EJ character is in the room with you.
    True, only nerfed by 80% for people holding a single account. Same grind, 5 times longer. I didnt know using summons was considered an exploit  :o
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    This nerf probably did affect those who were scripting the room.  See the other threads in the Oceania forum.
    edited September 2019
    TimSt said:
    This nerf probably did affect those who were scripting the room.  See the other threads in the Oceania forum.
    And as usual, the nerf does affect those who are not scripting the room the most. Just super cheap solution.. frame it like you want to.. whatever..

Not even going into how it is possible that GMs never noticed people paging on him. If I say one wrong word here @Mariah never takes less than a day to remove it and I can promise there is a whole log of anything I did wrong here since day one. Wish they showed that dedication in-game.
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 503Moderator
    JollyJade, the forum moderators have no ability to affect in-game changes. The GMs have zero ability to affect changes on the official forums. Comparing the two is ludicrous.  
  • Rorschach said:
    JollyJade, the forum moderators have no ability to affect in-game changes. The GMs have zero ability to affect changes on the official forums. Comparing the two is ludicrous.  
    You are both doing customer service for Ultima Online. Just at different places and - obviously - by very different standards.
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    I've only farmed that room one time, using mirror image, which appeared to me to be an actual game mechanic, and quite dangerous if you didn't have the right template in place. If someone used an exploit or EJ's then it should have been a specific fix for that exploit, but ruining yet another aspect of the game with a "fix"...just makes me let out another sigh...
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    This topic has been answered by Kyronix, the nature of that reply requires that this thread is now closed.
This discussion has been closed.