State of IDOC

Comments

• asunaasuna Posts: 35
    I didnt see this post was already started and made my own started heres my ideas

#1I think when a house falls it should spawn 3-5 high tier peerless type monsters and some mid-weak ones im talking when that house falls i wana see 30 aggressive mobs fairly high each containing a few hundred items from the idoc " kind of like an EM event however. all account bound items i think should be sent to either a storage locker for the owner "maybe something linked to your bank like a moving crate" and these would be announced by the town/news crier as "some monsters have destroyed and pillaged a home near XX,YY . and maybe just make each idoc a mini event. and maybe on one of the monsters you get a timed scroll lets say an hour "a writ of lease for the land" that will allow the user to place in that location and after the timer goes off anyone can place.

When a house is idoc it goes into a auction able state all contents of house minus account bound items . are sent to a "auctionhouse" and people bid on the items that were in the idoc as well as the idoc location at the auction house and all money used to buy items would be removed from the game forever. items not bid on will be removed as well.

The other thought i had was when the house was scheduled to fall instead it goes public and the doors maybe get broken down items can NOT be pick up by players but instead monsters would start spawning in the house and looting it picking up the items." these then would defend the idoc from looters "us the players" and we would in turn be raiding a castle which has fallen into monsters control and we must siege the house. almost similar to a champ spawn in difficulty scaling up through the fight leading to a short boss fight. After his death an idea was that he would either drop the "key to the sieged house" and it would give an option to accept the plot "key expires after 3-6 hours IF not used and the house would fall normally" these would be announced by an npc as monsters have taken hold in an abandoned house once owned by a player and start acting like an actual event for the game. 

im having issues coming up with ways for fairness but i think it would be best to have the players need to do somthing to get said loot from an idoc and the plot space instead of just sitting for hours. 
    would love feedback/thoughts. @Mesanna , @Bleak , @Kyronix
    To solve the weight issue that might happen  i propose stack able items over say 500stones from the idoc be either redistributed among the monsters at a set weight limit or redistributed in like say a CURSED deed ie a 60k stack of relics turns into 30+ deeds 100-1000  distibuted among various monsters.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,974Moderator
    Some posts have been removed from this thread, and some edited. Please keep personal attacks out. The identity of the person refered to as 'idoc guy' should not be speculated on in this forum, instead that should be left to those with access to account records and therefore no need to guess, ie the devs.
    Thank you.
  • asuna said:
    I didnt see this post was already started and made my own started heres my ideas

#1I think when a house falls it should spawn 3-5 high tier peerless type monsters and some mid-weak ones im talking when that house falls i wana see 30 aggressive mobs fairly high each containing a few hundred items from the idoc " kind of like an EM event however. all account bound items i think should be sent to either a storage locker for the owner "maybe something linked to your bank like a moving crate" and these would be announced by the town/news crier as "some monsters have destroyed and pillaged a home near XX,YY . and maybe just make each idoc a mini event. and maybe on one of the monsters you get a timed scroll lets say an hour "a writ of lease for the land" that will allow the user to place in that location and after the timer goes off anyone can place.

When a house is idoc it goes into a auction able state all contents of house minus account bound items . are sent to a "auctionhouse" and people bid on the items that were in the idoc as well as the idoc location at the auction house and all money used to buy items would be removed from the game forever. items not bid on will be removed as well.

The other thought i had was when the house was scheduled to fall instead it goes public and the doors maybe get broken down items can NOT be pick up by players but instead monsters would start spawning in the house and looting it picking up the items." these then would defend the idoc from looters "us the players" and we would in turn be raiding a castle which has fallen into monsters control and we must siege the house. almost similar to a champ spawn in difficulty scaling up through the fight leading to a short boss fight. After his death an idea was that he would either drop the "key to the sieged house" and it would give an option to accept the plot "key expires after 3-6 hours IF not used and the house would fall normally" these would be announced by an npc as monsters have taken hold in an abandoned house once owned by a player and start acting like an actual event for the game. 

im having issues coming up with ways for fairness but i think it would be best to have the players need to do somthing to get said loot from an idoc and the plot space instead of just sitting for hours. 
    would love feedback/thoughts. @ Mesanna , @ Bleak , @ Kyronix
    #1 That's what grubbers are supposed to do. Loot stuff - and you have to kill them for loot. But they don't loot stuff properly, or very little. Why? System is broken. Can they fix it? If they can it helps solve a lot of issues. Considering they haven't fixed grubbers in years - i don't think it's that simple to fix. Changing grubbers to "higher end monsters who loot stuff" doesn't change a thing if they can't properly loot stuff.

#2. Auction. Ok - great. Every single idoc on siege, or in fel that leads to great pvp fights - has just been rendered useless. Why come for a big pvp fight, when there's nothing to compete for. After the idoc falls, all you have to do is take your time to bid on the items you want anyways, pvp'lessly. 

#3. This sounds creative, but if they struggle with making grubbers work right, this is even more complicated. Also - don't people endlessly complain about how the same "bots" show up at EM events with multiple characters and end up getting all the EM items....wouldn't the same thing just happen here? Also - 1 "key" gives access to loot the whole house...meaning 1 player alone gets all the loot to themselves? Sounds a bit overpowering (I personally would love this, but i guarantee you 99% of people would not, as they'd never get anything and cry). And if not just one person, multiple keys/people, each getting access to loot. Ok - what loot does which key give access to? 

You realize EMs have to actually plan events. "This monster will give this EM item, etc". It's not randomly generated. You really think the system will be smart enough to have each idoc divided up into multiple keys giving access to the different items/chests/deco present in the house?

Bottom line - none of the ideas will work, sorry. 
  • KirthagKirthag Posts: 541
    edited September 2019
    The more I think about this while reading through this (and other threads around the UOniverse), the more I believe a secure box of all items (like an account/shard bound moving crate) that only the original owner can get is the best solution all around. Losing a housing spot on a crowded shard is painful enough, losing all the items is a major contributor to a completely lost subscription.

Distribution via mob, auction, or any other means other than securing basically says to the lost subscriber that they are not wanted anymore - which is drastically wrong. Yes, it is another "style of game play" and having the loots redistributed encourages  that game play - but it only encourages shrinkage in the paying population, which is a bad business model.

Other games in the industry freeze an unsubbed account and its items, holding out for that sub's return. I think it is time BS starts paying attention to that model and looking at ways to recoup subscriptions.

Dare I say it, holding unsubbed items could also be a marketing tool *cough* for RTB campaigns. Tease with EJ, let these fallen subscribers realize all the pixels are still there, but they can only get them with fully subbed accounts. Is already happening with bank contents - add in the IDOC contents (just no house - sorry bub), and I'm sure those returning Vets will resub to realize how much they love Sosaria.

ETA: Since the Siege ruleset is pretty much separate, IDOCs could stay as they are there. Give the prodo-shards the secure IDOC crate, and the SP/Mugen shards the classic IDOC function. Since items cannot be cross-sharded from those shards, I believe it will keep the IDOC community happy and scripters will just have to suck it up.

The issue is scripting at IDOCs, which is pretty lucrative and supports cross-sharding to the massive mall that has become Atlantic shard. It also contributes to the rampant RMT happening and is the number one source of the runaway economy in game.

The issue is also the loss of subscribers. If my friend wasn't so jaded, he could have distributed his loots from his home on his own - but he knows the scripting and RMT is slowly killing UO, and so by just letting his house drop he's succumbed to the sense of atrophy that so many vets start to feel after some time. There is too much competition out there now for a player to ignore. I've only named a few games in a previous post that caters to this exact issue.... It is time BS really looks at how the industry is working. UO is not the de-facto prima MMO anymore (although it could compete again if done right).

People who want to play will pay their subs - but sometimes life happens. When they are able to come back, and they realize their house is gone, being able to still get the house contents may just help these people resub. An account is saved! Currently, they come back, see the house is gone, realize the script-kiddies got all their pixels (or trashed them), and that player is demoralized. Since the game's producer doesn't care enough to preserve something of value and meaning to the player, why should the player cough up the funds and resub? UO has become less community and more solo-play. I'm not going to get into that whole mess. However, by catering to an individual's desire to hoard pixels - it just might contribute to more players who will help to reform a sense of community.

Bottom line, BS needs to lure, cater to, and keep subscribers. 

• @Mesanna. @Bleak. @Kyronix
    As you can see, everybody is asking the same thing, Turn Idocs OFF, take the entire content of the house,.put into a moving crate for the owner when he comes back, charge a fee or so. It is a win win, no more idoc scripting.
  • GandalfGandalf Posts: 115
    Vladimir said:
    @ Mesanna. @ Bleak. @ Kyronix
    As you can see, everybody is asking the same thing, Turn Idocs OFF, take the entire content of the house,.put into a moving crate for the owner when he comes back, charge a fee or so. It is a win win, no more idoc scripting.
    No way, some people play the game only because they enjoy IDOC.
    Finding an alternative would work.
    Gandalf said:
    Vladimir said:
    @ Mesanna. @ Bleak. @ Kyronix
    No way, some people play the game only because they enjoy IDOC.
    Finding an alternative would work.
    @Gandalf

If IDOC was relegated to ONLY the SP ruleset, would that be an adequate alternative?

• Kirthag said:
    The more I think about this while reading through this (and other threads around the UOniverse), the more I believe a secure box of all items (like an account/shard bound moving crate) that only the original owner can get is the best solution all around. Losing a housing spot on a crowded shard is painful enough, losing all the items is a major contributor to a completely lost subscription.

Distribution via mob, auction, or any other means other than securing basically says to the lost subscriber that they are not wanted anymore - which is drastically wrong. Yes, it is another "style of game play" and having the loots redistributed encourages  that game play - but it only encourages shrinkage in the paying population, which is a bad business model.

Other games in the industry freeze an unsubbed account and its items, holding out for that sub's return. I think it is time BS starts paying attention to that model and looking at ways to recoup subscriptions.

Dare I say it, holding unsubbed items could also be a marketing tool *cough* for RTB campaigns. Tease with EJ, let these fallen subscribers realize all the pixels are still there, but they can only get them with fully subbed accounts. Is already happening with bank contents - add in the IDOC contents (just no house - sorry bub), and I'm sure those returning Vets will resub to realize how much they love Sosaria.

ETA: Since the Siege ruleset is pretty much separate, IDOCs could stay as they are there. Give the prodo-shards the secure IDOC crate, and the SP/Mugen shards the classic IDOC function. Since items cannot be cross-sharded from those shards, I believe it will keep the IDOC community happy and scripters will just have to suck it up.

The issue is scripting at IDOCs, which is pretty lucrative and supports cross-sharding to the massive mall that has become Atlantic shard. It also contributes to the rampant RMT happening and is the number one source of the runaway economy in game.

The issue is also the loss of subscribers. If my friend wasn't so jaded, he could have distributed his loots from his home on his own - but he knows the scripting and RMT is slowly killing UO, and so by just letting his house drop he's succumbed to the sense of atrophy that so many vets start to feel after some time. There is too much competition out there now for a player to ignore. I've only named a few games in a previous post that caters to this exact issue.... It is time BS really looks at how the industry is working. UO is not the de-facto prima MMO anymore (although it could compete again if done right).

People who want to play will pay their subs - but sometimes life happens. When they are able to come back, and they realize their house is gone, being able to still get the house contents may just help these people resub. An account is saved! Currently, they come back, see the house is gone, realize the script-kiddies got all their pixels (or trashed them), and that player is demoralized. Since the game's producer doesn't care enough to preserve something of value and meaning to the player, why should the player cough up the funds and resub? UO has become less community and more solo-play. I'm not going to get into that whole mess. However, by catering to an individual's desire to hoard pixels - it just might contribute to more players who will help to reform a sense of community.

Bottom line, BS needs to lure, cater to, and keep subscribers. 

This doesn't work.

Many players play the game mostly because of idocs. You remove idocs - you remove a big facet of the game and lose a lot of subscribers that way too. 

It would be akin to saying "pvp'ers are overpowered, they cheat, speedhack, etc etc" and someone saying "ok - let's get rid of pvp!" to fix it.

No. Also - nothing so drastic is necessary. There are ways to fix idocs without resorting to "ok lets delete them altogether".

Finally - a LOT of people still pay for their accounts specifically to preserve their houses/items. I myself have barely played uo in 2019 - just been busy. But both my main accounts have remained active throughout, so my houses and items don't go away. If I knew my "items" would be stored for me in a packing crate no matter what? I promise you i would have turned off my accounts, and then just reactivated when i'm ready to play. There's a HUUUUUGE # of subscribed accounts who I promise you fall in a category similar to mine. Doing this hurts Broadsword's bottom line, which isn't a good thing for them.
  • IDOCS used to be a community thing @Rafman, now it is about a specific idoc person and king crew, doing the idocs on 20+ shards, 24/7 , with 10+ accounts with 50+ packhorses and looting everything in 2 secs and NO one is happy about, so, the community is not loosing anything nowadays. There is no easy way to fix this problem, people can script on CC client, people can script with Pincos, the 3rd party software current been used,  dont require a fix anymore, so you can have a forced patch every 2 minutes and that program still up and running, so there is no fix, there is no GM to enforce, this person and his friend still gating 10 other accs with packies and guess what, we old timers get nothing.

We are mad about all this, so 2 things come in my mind now, either delete them all, or make a town cryer give us all the idocs and falling time and allow us too to bring 5-10-50 packies to compete as equals.

Tired of this Idocs are part of community BS, lets save the History of that player and BS, Idocs are for greed people, that want something for free and make side money of, why only this idoc person can benefit of??  .  I am very concerned that the new coming soon fix, will screw us even more and benefit him even more.

So just put an end.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,974Moderator
    I have again removed several posts from this thread. PLEASE stop with the personal attacks against other posters, failure to do so will give us no option but to close the thread.
  • Vladimir said:
    IDOCS used to be a community thing @ Rafman, now it is about a specific idoc person and king crew, doing the idocs on 20+ shards, 24/7 , with 10+ accounts with 50+ packhorses and looting everything in 2 secs and NO one is happy about, so, the community is not loosing anything nowadays. There is no easy way to fix this problem, people can script on CC client, people can script with Pincos, the 3rd party software current been used,  dont require a fix anymore, so you can have a forced patch every 2 minutes and that program still up and running, so there is no fix, there is no GM to enforce, this person and his friend still gating 10 other accs with packies and guess what, we old timers get nothing.

We are mad about all this, so 2 things come in my mind now, either delete them all, or make a town cryer give us all the idocs and falling time and allow us too to bring 5-10-50 packies to compete as equals.

Tired of this Idocs are part of community BS, lets save the History of that player and BS, Idocs are for greed people, that want something for free and make side money of, why only this idoc person can benefit of??  .  I am very concerned that the new coming soon fix, will screw us even more and benefit him even more.

So just put an end.
    I don't personally care too much about "saving history" and such. What I'm saying is - if you save all items in a packing crate for the house owner - a lot of active accounts will stop being paid for, since all of their items are being saved in a packing crate, and they don't need to pay a membership to save their house + items. It hurts the game's bottom line, and devs would stupid to do so. So this is not a viable solution.

They need to just make tweaks and fixes, or changes, to limit the ability of players like the one you're describing to loot everything as fast as you're saying. A few easy suggestions i've mentioned before:

1. "Containers" can no longer be grabbed after house falls, for say ~30 minutes. So a scripter can't automatically grab all containers, you have to manually actually open bags and pick out the good stuff. Sure there are probably ways for scripters to open containers and grab stuff too - but it gives the actual player who can recognize what's worth more the edge, as odds are they're going to grab that big time artifact instead of the "normal" sword first, which a scripter can't differentiate between.

2. 5/10/15 hour timer. This is to a scripter's advantage. They always know when the house falls, and can show up at last minute, gives them an edge vs the more casual player. To help - you can keep the 5/10/15 hours if you want, but add in addition a "when house is within 1 hour, sign turns RED for all the see - when house is within 10mins of fall time, it turns GREEN". Allows everyone to be ready at the right time, and not waste hours camping. 
  • JonasJonas Posts: 11
    Rafman said:
    Vladimir said:
    IDOCS used to be a community thing @ Rafman, now it is about a specific idoc person and king crew, doing the idocs on 20+ shards, 24/7 , with 10+ accounts with 50+ packhorses and looting everything in 2 secs and NO one is happy about, so, the community is not loosing anything nowadays. There is no easy way to fix this problem, people can script on CC client, people can script with Pincos, the 3rd party software current been used,  dont require a fix anymore, so you can have a forced patch every 2 minutes and that program still up and running, so there is no fix, there is no GM to enforce, this person and his friend still gating 10 other accs with packies and guess what, we old timers get nothing.

So just put an end.
    I don't personally care too much about "saving history" and such. What I'm saying is - if you save all items in a packing crate for the house owner - a lot of active accounts will stop being paid for, since all of their items are being saved in a packing crate, and they don't need to pay a membership to save their house + items. It hurts the game's bottom line, and devs would stupid to do so. So this is not a viable solution.

They need to just make tweaks and fixes, or changes, to limit the ability of players like the one you're describing to loot everything as fast as you're saying. A few easy suggestions i've mentioned before:

1. "Containers" can no longer be grabbed after house falls, for say ~30 minutes. So a scripter can't automatically grab all containers, you have to manually actually open bags and pick out the good stuff. Sure there are probably ways for scripters to open containers and grab stuff too - but it gives the actual player who can recognize what's worth more the edge, as odds are they're going to grab that big time artifact instead of the "normal" sword first, which a scripter can't differentiate between.

2. 5/10/15 hour timer. This is to a scripter's advantage. They always know when the house falls, and can show up at last minute, gives them an edge vs the more casual player. To help - you can keep the 5/10/15 hours if you want, but add in addition a "when house is within 1 hour, sign turns RED for all the see - when house is within 10mins of fall time, it turns GREEN". Allows everyone to be ready at the right time, and not waste hours camping. 
    The 5/10/15 is a hassle for everyone.  Let’s say you aren’t scripting - you’re expected to sit on your ass for potentially 15 hours watching a house . I mean...that’s just ridiculous.  Most of the player base are adults, many have children.  So yes let’s set up a scenario where if you want to participate you potentially have to sit in front of your screen for 15 hours watching paint dry if you’re doing it legally...come on.  That’s fantastic for family life I’m sure too.  Even if you figure out the time, if it doesn’t fall early you have to be available all day.  It’s just a moronic system that doesn’t achieve what it was intended to achieve anyway.  It’s only manageable to people who live in the game or script, so you’ve basically put a change in the game intended to discourage scripting that actually encourages it.  

I kind of like the idea of putting all items at the tram/Malas houses as drop on monsters that spawn, but I guarantee you that it will become rampant with multiboxers just like EM events are.  It will be a fight for loot rights and that will be dominated by a select few I’m sure most of which are cheating.

I can’t stress this enough - it doesn’t matter how things are changed if you DO NOT enforce the rules in place.  It will just become another system exploited because there are little if any repercussions for not following the rules as intended and that’s the reason why we are where we are.  We are where we are because dishonest people took advantage of the system and nothing was done about it.  And this didn’t just happen 4 months ago on atlantic shard, it’s been going on for well over a year on a variety of shards by a variety of players.
  • I think it would be really nice if they could just find a way to stop the cheaters. It seems it would be the easiest way to fix the problem. Find a way where no-one can run a script when they play UO. After you stop the cheater make a stone like the one on test for house contest that list all the houses falling and when they will fall. If anyone wants to they can check the stone and go. Many tell me that cant be done cause UO would lose so many people that can only play UO with other programs running. 
    @rafman
    the items from the house would be on the monster you fight trying to siege the home. the key from the boss would only be for the plot like i said or maybe its something you return to the king of Britannia for a lease to the home. 

and the reason people say grubbers don't work is the way they were set just have the monsters loot the chests as if the were a corpse which many monsters do currently. set the # of monsters relative to the housing size and not the amount of items so lets say a few hundred inside maybe 100 outside scale it to relative house size. "large army for castles"  detachments for smaller houses . casting on the ledges of keeps and castles killing monsters relative to the location area maybe something near deceit get invaded by the undead spewing from the dungeon. and would need to set it so you cant lure them to far off so rubber banding would be a good idea keeping them relatively close to the house. 

you should not be rewarded by BS saving all of your houses contents when you decide to stop paying monthly and let your house fall cause i would drop 4 houses just to store stuff im not using.
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,209

The only way to stop this is to send all contents to a long and dangerous place that doesn't allow recalls or follower slots and auto boots out of area if logged.

Any action a character can do in this game can and most likely has been automated at some point. At this point, you can only hope to slow it down.

• asuna said:
    @ rafman
    the items from the house would be on the monster you fight trying to siege the home. the key from the boss would only be for the plot like i said or maybe its something you return to the king of Britannia for a lease to the home. 

and the reason people say grubbers don't work is the way they were set just have the monsters loot the chests as if the were a corpse which many monsters do currently. set the # of monsters relative to the housing size and not the amount of items so lets say a few hundred inside maybe 100 outside scale it to relative house size. "large army for castles"  detachments for smaller houses . casting on the ledges of keeps and castles killing monsters relative to the location area maybe something near deceit get invaded by the undead spewing from the dungeon. and would need to set it so you cant lure them to far off so rubber banding would be a good idea keeping them relatively close to the house. 

you should not be rewarded by BS saving all of your houses contents when you decide to stop paying monthly and let your house fall cause i would drop 4 houses just to store stuff im not using.
    Monsters "grabbing loot and you have to kill them for loot" isn't a bad idea. The 2 problems remain:

1. That's exactly what grubbers are supposed to do. Only - they don't do it properly, because they're broken. If they can easily be "fixed" (as you seem to think) - then they should just fix them. This solves a LOT of the current problems with idocs...

2. Don't want to create too much big/bad monsters, or else you're starting to sound like an EM event. And although EM events can be fun - if you go back to the main forum you'll notice just as many complaints about EM events as you do idocs, where multiple scripters take advantage of those...So you're not exactly fixing anything.
  • RadstRadst Posts: 94
    Actual (sad) story from today

So this IDOC house on Cats just turned Somewhat Worn today, and then the house owner showed up. So I started a conversation:

Apparently he cannot go inside the house. (owner name was same as this toon name)

Then I remembered there was a patch a couple years ago about OSI rule, so I looked up wiki and here it is p92 from 2016.02:

This was a curious change that I never understood, so here I will ask the dev: What was the reason/issue for implementing this? This change did not make any sense and should be reverted ASAP.

This player also told me that he has sent an email to Mesanna to save his house but it is already weekend, so who knows. This house has parrots that are 720 weeks old.

As you see, PEOPLE DO COME BACK. This is bigger than your "play style" or FEL parties.

• Radst said:
    Actual (sad) story from today

So this IDOC house on Cats just turned Somewhat Worn today, and then the house owner showed up. So I started a conversation:

Apparently he cannot go inside the house. (owner name was same as this toon name)

Then I remembered there was a patch a couple years ago about OSI rule, so I looked up wiki and here it is p92 from 2016.02:

This was a curious change that I never understood, so here I will ask the dev: What was the reason/issue for implementing this? This change did not make any sense and should be reverted ASAP.

This player also told me that he has sent an email to Mesanna to save his house but it is already weekend, so who knows. This house has parrots that are 720 weeks old.

As you see, PEOPLE DO COME BACK. This is bigger than your "play style" or FEL parties.

When a house starts to decay, it goes slightly, somewhat...etc eventually IDOC. When Idoc, after the 5/10/15 hour it DECAYS. You can't get house back anymore then after it falls, obviously. 

The only exception - if there was some "rental vendors" on the house - sometimes instead of decaying, it goes OSI OWNED for ~1-2 weeks. The reason behind is, it's not the player whose renting a vendor's fault the house is decaying, so the game gives him an extra ~week or so to claim his vendor before house goes POOF.

That's the logic behind the house not refreshing when it's OSI. It's because technically, it's almost as if it already fell, since it went through the normal decay stage already.

Mesanna and even GMs have often been pretty good about helping players in the situation as the one you describe here. I'd feel pretty confident they step up here and help the guy out to refresh the house. Even though it's weekend, the house seems only somewhat worn, so likely has till past monday before it goes IDOC again and falls, so should be enough time. 

As to your argument about "well this is why houses shouldn't fall/some players come back". I understand that in some cases you hear sad stories, and sometimes it's unfortunate since when a player does come back, his house has fallen and so they leave again. But - UO is a business. One of the perks of having an active paid account is owning a house and stuff in it. They already give a 3 month grace period before a house decays. If houses never fell, or you never lost items you had - they would lose a LOT of active subscriptions. Bad for business. That's why - it won't change, nor should it. 

@rafman just set the loot mechanics that lich lords have since i have had a lich lord loot upwards of 30items off me in a 1 attempt of rummage thru my corpse.
    edited September 2019
    I'm running out of ideas... what is obvious is that whatever is done will not be accepted by some player-group or another. Was chatting it up with some other old-timers (working on getting them to come back). As we got into our cups, this idea was born...
    • Move the entire IDOC house & belongings to GreenAcres when time hits
    • Plot on the shard would become available immediately for new placement
    • When x-number of homes are in GA, schedule IDOC free-for-all; weekends would be nice
    • Players wishing to participate can have only ONE toon go, no pack animals or beetles, no followers
    • A central gate at the EM house is timed to open for GreenAcres IDOC event
    • During that IDOC event, ALL houses all drop at once
    • When houses drop, gate is closed (or turned off)
    • No runemarking - can only recall out
    • Mayhem ensues!
    • GMs can watch (as it is scheduled) to ensure scripting is not happening
    • People can only take whatever they can carry, No Pack Animals, no bags of sending
    • No in-and-out! If you leave you cannot go back into GA

This would be interesting... I'd go just to watch!

Is a regulated event, can be observed, players can take what they can get (and keep), open PVP until the cows come home, whatever "junk" is leftover can be picked up by non-combatants and/or deleted.

edit: thinking about this... is like fighting the scripters with scripting. it would take a script by the devs to get the house and all items moved into GA - or the devs have their own script to rake up everything dropped from a house in the shard into GA - scattered in a sectioned field, forego the house completely. Then just allow players in to battle it out and grab what they can - a la the pit battles we used to hold back in the day. 
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    This thread and most of the ideas are silly imo. If the Devs truly cared about this topic, it would be all too easy for a GM or even a Dev to simply log in, and "goto" one of the notorious IDOCrs and simply follow them around or watch them at an idoc and see firsthand what happens. They either choose not to, or they've done it already and decided against any action.Either remove the house sign decay status (who was this coded for anyway ?) or move all of the contents to some kind of warehouse moving crate. Give it a 1 year expiration if not reclaimed, if it's not claimed it's purged.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
    This thread and most of the ideas are silly imo.

Either remove the house sign decay status (who was this coded for anyway ?) or move all of the contents to some kind of warehouse moving crate. Give it a 1 year expiration if not reclaimed, if it's not claimed it's purged.

Some are some aren't. This one doesn't make much sense either. The only way decay status should be removed is if all friends/co-owners/vendor renters could still see it. Even then, all it takes is one person to camp outside and it makes it kind of obvious what's going on so that's just wasted dev time.

The 1 year crate is just silly. The 90 day game will become the 1 year game.

• Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    If we're going to protect someones stuff via a moving crate, why wouldn't it have a decent timer on it ? Homes are already protected from falling for 90 days, so why should we save anything anyway ? I was just offering a quick fix, although the quickest is for the server to simply delete the items when the house falls, which it could do with relative ease.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
    If we're going to protect someones stuff via a moving crate, why wouldn't it have a decent timer on it ? Homes are already protected from falling for 90 days, so why should we save anything anyway ? I was just offering a quick fix, although the quickest is for the server to simply delete the items when the house falls, which it could do with relative ease.

Right. I could care less either way. I would like to see soulstones go back to the owner. Other than that, the rest means nothing.
  • I cant remember if I read it on here or Stratics, but I have put together a few ideas I really like
    1. remove decay state
    2. when it falls there is an area earthquake so people nearby/neighbours etc know a house has fallen locally
    3. contents fall as normal but do not decay quickly, say 24hr or so, so those that players look for idocs will come across them etc. 
    4. have a serious word with the ATL player that thinks its a good idea to ruin the play style by giving out free meal tickets to non idocers.

You want them you go find them like the rest of us.

only draw back Is the idoc cheating scumbag (can't name him or the crew, but we know who they are) will send his script searchers out more often and I suppose he will set an alarm to notify him that they have found a dead house.....

and time to REALLY limit EJ accts,  No one is coming back, but EJ accts are being exploited by that scumbag so time to keep them in town or guard zones with specific gates to hunting areas only, and only way to return is through the same gate etc.  We should NOT have EJ accts running around the whole map.

It is supposed to be a taster to see if people want to return or new players want to stay. Not to be able to do pretty much anything for FREE. Otherwise why am I paying. I will see what I can do for free.

I just hope one day the current DEV team actually takes time to stop firing out crappy shinies and crabs and think about the NEGATIVE aspects of new content, like how will players exploit EJ accounts and how do they  limit that BEFORE the exploitation happens. Come on Dev's be PROACTIVE not REACTIVE you are being paid to do a good job.

• Urge said:

Right. I could care less either way. I would like to see soulstones go back to the owner. Other than that, the rest means nothing.
    couldn't?

• MordredMordred Posts: 102
    Dont worry.
    Just like the new account mgmt system, the new Idoc changes are coming soon.
  • LOL!
  • @Mariah @Rorschach Can we please get those popcorn eating emoji like on stratics?  :D
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)
This discussion has been closed.