fix for unattended scripting

why not add this to the game. Combine personal attendants and pirate binding ropes together. This way you can simply attach one to a possible scripter and it would follow them until the player severed the binding rope. obvious restrictions would need to be in place ie time frame on targeting a player. they could then track these binded players or binded attendants

Comments

• TyrathTyrath Posts: 542
     Ummm no that would get abused badly and would get really annoying really fast.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    UO police players would love it.  I would just Bind my bank sitters to the bank.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • SlissSliss Posts: 282
    I assume a player that is not AFK will be able to immediately get rid of the rope? If so, what's stopping the scripters from scripting this in?
  • Sliss said:
    I assume a player that is not AFK will be able to immediately get rid of the rope? If so, what's stopping the scripters from scripting this in?
    Nothing, and they’d do it faster than a player could and not be bothered one bit by it. 
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

Sliss said:
    Nothing, and they’d do it faster than a player could and not be bothered one bit by it. 

It might annoy the script writers to have to add a couple lines of scans and action to the script but it would be done in about 2 minutes.  What would hurt the scripters is just doing a minor update every server up that breaks all but the basic private scripts until the major script consoles are updated.  Always interesting how few scripters there are after a patch and if you go to the various script forums how many asking "When will it be updated".
  • Kabuki said:

why not add this to the game. Combine personal attendants and pirate binding ropes together. This way you can simply attach one to a possible scripter and it would follow them until the player severed the binding rope. obvious restrictions would need to be in place ie time frame on targeting a player. they could then track these binded players or binded attendants

Whatever, unattended marcoing, actually hurts no one. But every now and then some tool comes around who you know macro's himself  wants to pea on someone else's cornflakes
  • Take idocs for example.
    I have so many pictures and videos of this idocperson and his kings crew, gating 1,5, 10 accounts with packies, yes a total of 50 packies per idoc and dry clean the whole place in secs and whem you say something about, he will reply go die IRL and laugh about? @Mesanna @Kyronix @Bleak.
    We are tired of all this happening for years and years and nothing happens, we paged 300ppx times and nothing.

Please @Mesanna listen to our ideas about idocs, specially the one that was recently suggested, make the whole house goes into a moving crate into the owners bank account, so when he returns, he can pay for his account a d get his stuff back and we will finally put aj end into idoc looters scripters. 
    Pls put an end to this.
  • MordredMordred Posts: 102
    ^^
    This @Mesanna @Bleak @Kyronix

^^^^^^

This is the best idea. Time to put an end to the endless cheaters. Make all the contents go into a moving crate fot the account owner, perfect idea, the house still collapse, people can still place new houses and you will stop the idoc scripters crew that ruined the idocs on all shards, playing their bots 24/7.
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    Tyrath said:
    Sliss said:

It might annoy the script writers to have to add a couple lines of scans and action to the script but it would be done in about 2 minutes.  What would hurt the scripters is just doing a minor update every server up that breaks all but the basic private scripts until the major script consoles are updated.  Always interesting how few scripters there are after a patch and if you go to the various script forums how many asking "When will it be updated".
    Go to the various script forums often do ya ?
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,246
    Tyrath said:

I always find that for 1 or 2 days after a patch, I am far and away the best PvPer in the entire game, I'm almost untouchable. Interesting that.
  • XrisXris Posts: 130
    Why not just drop house contents into a crate then the crate turns into an auction? It's similar to the "black market" system in WoW. Anyone can bid, and after 3 days the highest bidder has access to the crate. Could be worthless stuff, could be amazing. No more farming idcos without gold sinking. Start auction prices low and scale by house size. Winner of auction may also place in spot they won for 72 hours. Start castles at 300m (any considerable amount really). Make the town crier (or another npc) list IDOCs for auction. Just my 2 cents, no more idoc farming, plus a gold sink. 
    Tyrath said:
    Sliss said:

Making that baseless accusation behind yer veil again Garth?  I happily invite @Mesanna and staff to go over my accts and play and try to find anything resembling scripting, multiboxing or unattended and make their findings public just to shut you up with the dropping thinly veiled accusations that I cheat.  And pretty much everyone that plays UO knows that when they do a update the scripters toys break and they are absent for 1-3 days while their script console is updated to match the latest UO version.  

Cookie said:
    Tyrath said:

I always find that for 1 or 2 days after a patch, I am far and away the best PvPer in the entire game, I'm almost untouchable. Interesting that.
    The one scripting app I am aware of, stopped needing to have updates with every patch years ago. So your experience is interesting indeed.
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    Tyrath said:
    Tyrath said:
    Sliss said:

Making that baseless accusation behind yer veil again Garth?  I happily invite @ Mesanna and staff to go over my accts and play and try to find anything resembling scripting, multiboxing or unattended and make their findings public just to shut you up with the dropping thinly veiled accusations that I cheat.  And pretty much everyone that plays UO knows that when they do a update the scripters toys break and they are absent for 1-3 days while their script console is updated to match the latest UO version.  

You've admitted to scripting..gtfooh
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    Tyrath said:
    Tyrath said:
    Sliss said:

Making that baseless accusation behind yer veil again Garth?  I happily invite @ Mesanna and staff to go over my accts and play and try to find anything resembling scripting, multiboxing or unattended and make their findings public just to shut you up with the dropping thinly veiled accusations that I cheat.  And pretty much everyone that plays UO knows that when they do a update the scripters toys break and they are absent for 1-3 days while their script console is updated to match the latest UO version.  

A distraction from much bigger things.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Tyrath said:
    Tyrath said:
    Sliss said:

Yeah 15 years ago on a free shard that gasp I also wrote scripts for that would NOT work on OSI servers.  Like how you always omit details that don't fit yer narrative.......
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 503Moderator
    Stop sniping one another and stay on the topic. 
  • GidgeGidge Posts: 426
    Kabuki said:

Whatever, unattended marcoing, actually hurts no one. But every now and then some tool comes around who you know macro's himself  wants to pea on someone else's cornflakes
    Silly replies: Peas in cornflakes? A new way to get kids to eat veggies! Nice!

Unattended marcoing is only good for those who are unattended poloing, otherwise it is no fun.

Serious reply: Why would a scripter want to add a fix to help combat scripting? aaaaand.... If someone doesn't script and would not be affected by said anti-scripting actions, why would they fight against it? hmmm?
    Gidge said:
    Serious reply: Why would a scripter want to add a fix to help combat scripting? aaaaand.... If someone doesn't script and would not be affected by said anti-scripting actions, why would they fight against it? hmmm?
    I don't know (or care) which one of you is right, but to answer this specific question - if someone is an uber God scripter who thinks he can script around any blocks, this would be a good way to get rid of all the amateurs competing with them in the RMT field.
  • FortisFortis Posts: 408

I am really curious of the use of ej accounts.... pourcentage serving to unnatended scripting

• GidgeGidge Posts: 426
    Sliss said:
    Gidge said:
    I don't know (or care) which one of you is right, but to answer this specific question - if someone is an uber God scripter who thinks he can script around any blocks, this would be a good way to get rid of all the amateurs competing with them in the RMT field.
    That sadly makes sense. :(