idoc fix

why not combine idocs with treasure hunting. When an idoc falls, everything then  goes into chests then needs to be dug up and then opened via treasure hunting chests. how could you run a script to pick idocs clean when only the person who dug up the chest has access to it? maybe include a counter with number of hidden chests at each idoc. who knows but at least its something

Comments

• MordredMordred Posts: 102
    They already cause enough DMG on TMaps, dont make worst.
    The best solution for idoc will be transfer everything into a moving crate for the owner when he comes back.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    ^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^
  • Either put it in crates, or delete it.  It's gone too far too long, and they don't have the ability to make it all go into t-chests or overland spawn.
  • ….  It's gone too far too long, and they don't have the ability to make it all go into t-chests or overland spawn.
    Has it already been stated that there's no way to do either of those things? It may well have been and I missed it. 
  • Hasn't been stated, but, I don't have the faith that they ccould do it at all.

• Ezekiel_ZaneEzekiel_Zane Posts: 326
    edited September 2019
    Hasn't been stated, but, I don't have the faith that they ccould do it at all.

The bank box can easily go way over max items.  Just look at Test Center banks for example.

They could create a moving crate attached to the bank box that can only be accessed once you place another house.  Everything stored nice and safe awaiting the player's return with a paid sub.  The number of items is irrelevant.  They are already being stored on the server, in a house.  Moving everything to the bank box would create no additional strain.
  • TyrathTyrath Posts: 542
    Hasn't been stated, but, I don't have the faith that they ccould do it at all.

The bank box can easily go way over max items.  Just look at Test Center banks for example.

They could create a moving crate attached to the bank box that can only be accessed once you place another house.  Everything stored nice and safe awaiting the player's return with a paid sub.  The number of items is irrelevant.  They are already being stored on the server, in a house.  Moving everything to the bank box would create no additional strain.

Would probably cause less strain than having all the stuff on the ground and all the bots hoovering it up.
  • Few reasons why this won't work:

1. I promise you a scripter can find/do/loot a chest faster than you probably can manually. This helps them, not hurts them.

2. All the loot going to "1 person" isn't exactly fair, if treasure chests are exclusive to the person who dug it up.

3. It's complicated. Not for you as a player - I mean for the Devs to code. I don't think it's something that would be easy to do. Just look at grubbers, something much simpler, but that don't work right at all. Now imagine them making it so every single item (sometimes 3000-5000+ items) from an idoc get automatically put in a tchest at precisely the "second" the house decays?

Also - it would probably break the tmap system in some ways. Bad idea
  • If there were a way to scatter items perhaps it could be a limited list. Off the top of my head, Weapons, Armor, Deeded items, Vet rewards, UO Store items, Holiday / Anniversary gifts and tokens, EM event and quest items get scattered. Player Crafted items and Resources go poof when the house falls.

If possible it would be nice if SoulStones landed in the player's bank box. 
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,974Moderator
    While I realise this is an important topic for some playstyles, we really don't need 4 threads on it all on the front page of General discussions. The longest is this one:

Please put all further posts on the topic on that thread.

Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.